Starlooks Starbox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what we are here for... to learn from each other. Have a good time and welcome to your new addiction!
flowers.gif
I hope y'all are ready for a barage of questions. I tried blush today for the first time...Absolute disaster :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope y'all are ready for a barage of questions. I tried blush today for the first time...Absolute disaster :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Don't be discouraged. We all started somewhere and had to learn. Blush is all about getting a complimentary color and blending. Check out the regular Makeup Talk section to find some of the members favorite blushes and brushes to go with them.  Our members love helping people so don't hesitate to start threads in the Makeup Talk section with your questions.

...I may marry this mascara? I guess the question is how long will it last before I have to buy another.

Add me to the list of those in love with the mascara! It has unseated theBalm's Tall, Dark, and Handsome as my favorite, and it's a few bucks cheaper. Will be buying when I run out!

I have worn the mascara for most days since I received it and it hasn't irritated my eyes either. That is really rare for me. It's a huge tube too. I will be curious to see how long it lasts with me constantly slathering it on. You can almost hear a slamming noise when I blink
laughing.gif

I've never used up a mascara before it irritated my eyes to the point that I trashed it. Here's to hoping this one makes it.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have worn the mascara for most days since I received it and it hasn't irritated my eyes either. That is really rare for me. It's a huge tube too. I will be curious to see how long it lasts with me constantly slathering it on. You can almost hear a slamming noise when I blink
laughing.gif
I need to see a pic of this! 
patches.gif
 Talk about a beauty bombshell... lol

Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just received my box. Love the sugar scrub and eye shadow. The lip color is definitely too orange for me, but I may play with it over a red base color or darker rust and see what happens.
  I got sick and missed signing up in time to get this box, so this is making my feelings hurt less.I can't wear a lot of orange-toned lip products.  I LOVE the color, but it makes my older-than-teenaged teeth look yellowed.

I get serious butthurt over this, as I take damn good care of my teeth.I may never get over hearing my dentist say "Well, they ARE good looking teeth for a woman your age....." 
devilish.gif

I got sick and missed signing up in time to get this box, so this is making my feelings hurt less.I can't wear a lot of orange-toned lip products.  I LOVE the color, but it makes my older-than-teenaged teeth look yellowed.   I get serious butthurt over this, as I take damn good care of my teeth.I may never get over hearing my dentist say "Well, they ARE good looking teeth for a woman your age....."  :devilish:  
And how long did it take for him/her to regain consciousness? It pains me to turn on the oldies station and hear my college music (I went to college in Seattle at the height of the grunge era, and I saw Mookie Blaylock -- look them up for a surprise, if you're unfamiliar with the name -- open for Alice in Chains for a crowd of about a hundred people. In my town, I'm *old*. I should be seeing a friend dj at a bar right now, but I'm going to bed instead). As a side note, I felt like a dirty old woman today watching _GI Joe: Retaliation_ when Storm Shadow lost his shirt, but then I found out the Byung-Hun Lee (the actor who plays Storm Shadow) is actually older than me, and now I just feel fat and schlubby. (Back to the lipstick, it's a color that has never looked good on me, no matter how old my teeth have been. My skin tone just makes it awkward. I can rock searing hot pink like nobody's business year-round and with pretty much anything I own, but rust requires a very specific season and outfit color scheme for me to be able to pull it off, and March is not the time for that. October and November will be perfect. But the eyeshadow is awesome and made me not bummed about my inability to wear the lipstick right now.)

I think my postman stole my birthday box
icon_frown.gif

It was Out for Delivery at 7:39am on March 30th, never got delivered...then at 9:40pm that night the status says: Delivery Status not updated. I just received the mail for today and it wasn't delivered. It is in limbo....or he has it
fad.gif

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_frown.gif

It was Out for Delivery at 7:39am on March 30th, never got delivered...then at 9:40pm that night the status says: Delivery Status not updated. I just received the mail for today and it wasn't delivered. It is in limbo....or he has it
fad.gif
That's happened to me. I called my local post office & was able to get it redelivered that day.

My birthday box is out for delivery today too. I hope my carrier isn't wearing my box as well! LOL

The lipstick looks much more metallic on me than it seems in the pics posted here. It's like a shiny new penny. I'm going to try it with some different liners and glosses to see what other looks I can get with it (though I think it'll be great as is in the fall) I like the shadow and the mascara. I had just been thinking that I needed to get a scrub or something similar for my lips so I was happy to see the little bonus.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_frown.gif

fad.gif
What a jerk...that lipstick is not even his color...

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What a jerk...that lipstick is not even his color...
roflmao.gif

I suddenly had this ridiculous image of him driving off away from my house with the box in his hand and him wearing the lipstick LMAO

Well I emailed the post office yesterday and today I received the box! Huzzah! Everyone might already know what is in their birthday box this year, but if not:

Lipstick in Kinky

Lip Liner in Kinky

Eyeliner in Onyx
hopefully I can do the review tonight on my blog, if not, tomorrow for sure!

:roflmao: I suddenly had this ridiculous image of him driving off away from my house with the box in his hand and him wearing the lipstick LMAO Well I emailed the post office yesterday and today I received the box! Huzzah! Everyone might already know what is in their birthday box this year, but if not:
Lipstick in Kinky Lip Liner in Kinky Eyeliner in Onyx
hopefully I can do the review tonight on my blog, if not, tomorrow for sure! ROTFL I just pictured that in my head!

So April will be my first month with Starlooks, when do they usually ship?
The third week of the month.

Back