Starlooks Starbox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ADORE my starlooks birthday box! Such an awesome little treat! Did anybody else receive theirs as well?

I did have a chance to blog about it tonight, if your birthday is coming up soon, feel free to peruse my post, I believe we're all receiving the same special gift this year
wink.gif

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ADORE my starlooks birthday box! Such an awesome little treat! Did anybody else receive theirs as well?

I did have a chance to blog about it tonight, if your birthday is coming up soon, feel free to peruse my post, I believe we're all receiving the same special gift this year
wink.gif
I'm still waiting for mine.  Great post about your birthday box, I subscribe via email.

I was kind of meh about my birthday box. The color looks gastly on me. BUT, having said that, it was a nice treat and I will work with it and see what I can do with it and really that's what this is all about isn't it? Trying new things that you might not normally try and moving out of our comfort zones on occasion.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

wink.gif
I have not gotten a box or tracking yet. Did you get tracking for it?

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have not gotten a box or tracking yet. Did you get tracking for it?
Yes, I received tracking a week or so ago...was your birthday in March too?

Did anyone get this email:

ImageProxy.mvc
OUR SHIPPING RATES HAVE CHANGED
ImageProxy.mvc
ImageProxy.mvc
ImageProxy.mvc
ImageProxy.mvc
ImageProxy.mvc
Dear Starbox Subscribers,

We try to keep shipping costs as low as possible for our subscribers, but unfortunately the government's rates change every year. With the recent inflation of postal rates in January 2013, we have been forced to increase the price of Starbox shipping by 70 cents. 

Beginning May 1st, all current subscriptions will be converted and your new, monthly charge will be $17.68 - includes $15.00 for your Starbox and $2.68 for shipping.

BUT WAIT! There's some good news....

SPECIAL OFFER: Starbox is quickly becoming one of the top beauty box subscriptions in the world. As we grow, MORE SUBSCRIPTIONS will equal LESS SHIPPING COSTS! Refer a friend to Starbox and have them use the phrase "give it back to" + your name in the referral section on the checkout page. We will refund 1 month's shipping ($2.68) for up to 3 new subscribers that use your referral

Example: [phrase] Give it back to [name of the referring subscriber] Jane Smith = "Give it back to Jane Smith"
(You must be an active Starbox Subscriber to receive referral refunds. Referral phrase code will be accepted from first time subscribers only)

Questions or concerns? Email us at [email protected] or call us at 1(949) 679-0679.

XOXO - Starlooks

Yes, I received tracking a week or so ago...was your birthday in March too?
Yes I am March Bday, and I am pretty sure I gave the birthday when I signed up. Maybe I will give them and email to double check.

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes I am March Bday, and I am pretty sure I gave the birthday when I signed up. Maybe I will give them and email to double check.
Hm, yeah, I'm sorry...I double checked what happens when you sign up, you do have to put in your birthday (which I thought was strange when I first signed up, but now it makes total sense). Just shoot them a quick email, I'm sure it's probably just a little mix up or it's on it's way soon
smile.gif

I got my March box and I am so happy, I love all the colors. 

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh - yes, they had a code to put in the comments to get an extra free item this month if you didn't win the free box.  I used the code, but didn't get the free item!  =(  I forgot all about it when I saw the pretties I got!
I had emailed after not receiving my free item from not winning the contest. They said it would be shipping separately. It has been two weeks now. I was excited to order some things but I wanted to see what else I was receiving so that my order might compliment that item as well. My excitement is fading :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't really understand the delay or separate shipping.

I bought an NYC glitter liner in a blue color on clearance for like .62 cents the other day and it looks pretty good with the navy shadow from this box.

I have been pretty obsessed with the navy eye shadow. I have been trying something new with it almost everyday since I've gotten it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by jenniferrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had emailed after not receiving my free item from not winning the contest. They said it would be shipping separately. It has been two weeks now. I was excited to order some things but I wanted to see what else I was receiving so that my order might compliment that item as well. My excitement is fading :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't really understand the delay or separate shipping.
I'm sorry you didn't get yours yet!  A few days ago, I posted in the contest thread that I'd emailed and they apologized and sent my bonus item out right away.  I think it was Friday I received a beautiful pink satin eyeshadow.  Gorgeous!  They must have seen my earlier post here, because they just sent me a message saying they saw I mentioned I'd not gotten my bonus item and please contact them so they could get it right out to me.  I told them send me three of everything and we'll consider it even.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Just kidding.  I let them know I was already taken care of.

I hope they can fix it for you!  This is one company that really seems to try hard to make every customer happy.

I'm sorry you didn't get yours yet!  A few days ago, I posted in the contest thread that I'd emailed and they apologized and sent my bonus item out right away.  I think it was Friday I received a beautiful pink satin eyeshadow.  Gorgeous!  They must have seen my earlier post here, because they just sent me a message saying they saw I mentioned I'd not gotten my bonus item and please contact them so they could get it right out to me.  I told them send me three of everything and we'll consider it even.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Just kidding.  I let them know I was already taken care of.

I hope they can fix it for you!  This is one company that really seems to try hard to make every customer happy.
That's great customer service is so important.

I think it helps that they are so involved in the Makeup Talk community.  I mean I have never seen someone posting in the threads that identifies as an employee for Birchbox or Ipsy (although it seems like they do read the boards).  I wish I could remember to sign up in time to get the box for the current month! I need to set a reminder "Sign up for Starlooks on April 30!"

Google "free email reminder" and see if there's a good service.  (Sorry - somehow submitted in the middle of posting!!!)

Awesome!  Thanks!  Although I literally may just set up a reminder on my iphone!  What did we do before technology?  Oh yeah paper and pencil (which still has it's merits and at times I do prefer it)

Google "free email reminder" and see if there's a good service.  (Sorry - somehow submitted in the middle of posting!!!)

Back