Starlooks Starbox May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just saw Starlooks post a bunch of "looks" from their May box on their FB page!  I definitely saw some of you ladies there!  So pretty! 
patches.gif
LOL I NEED that coupon! There may or may not be a few brushes I would like. Does anyone own some brushes? I'm interested in the one Marci uses to put on blush.

ETA link. I think it's this one. http://starlooks.com/collections/brushes/products/featured-foundation-facial-concealer-brushes

This is just me, using all of my starlooks products! I used the eyebrow quad on my eyebrows. I also used the blush, pigment and quad for my eyeshadow and eyeliner. I then applied the blush to my cheeks and eyebrow quad lighter brown color to contour. Then I applied a thick layer of blush to my lips, with a center ombré effect by using the pigment. I then dabbed on a tiny bit of petroleum jelly on top to add shine. I'm not very good with makeup. Don't judge me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I finally got my boxes yesterday. I received the birthday box with the lip liner, gloss and lipstick in the mauve-y color. That works much better for me rather than red. I'm so excited about the pigment, I don't usually buy anything in that shade so its happily sitting with my other everyday makeup waiting on me to finish cleaning house so I can use it. Is it bad that I'm bribing myself with makeup to get housework done?? Lol.

This is just me, using all of my starlooks products! I used the eyebrow quad on my eyebrows. I also used the blush, pigment and quad for my eyeshadow and eyeliner. I then applied the blush to my cheeks and eyebrow quad lighter brown color to contour. Then I applied a thick layer of blush to my lips, with a center ombré effect by using the pigment. I then dabbed on a tiny bit of petroleum jelly on top to add shine. I'm not very good with makeup. Don't judge me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You have the most amazing cheekbones. . . A blush addict's dream!

Is it bad that I'm bribing myself with makeup to get housework done?? Lol.
Nope. I use incoming packages to force myself to clean my apartment. I don't get to open anything unless I've cleaned a section. Once I've gotten all sections squared away the first time around, I can't open anything until everything is clean. I'm still working on the first go-around, though.

Originally Posted by KellyKaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is just me, using all of my starlooks products! I used the eyebrow quad on my eyebrows. I also used the blush, pigment and quad for my eyeshadow and eyeliner. I then applied the blush to my cheeks and eyebrow quad lighter brown color to contour. Then I applied a thick layer of blush to my lips, with a center ombré effect by using the pigment. I then dabbed on a tiny bit of petroleum jelly on top to add shine.

I'm not very good with makeup. Don't judge me.
frown.gif
What are you talking about....this is GORGEOUS! Just stunning! You have wonderful angles on your face
patches.gif

This is just me, using all of my starlooks products! I used the eyebrow quad on my eyebrows. I also used the blush, pigment and quad for my eyeshadow and eyeliner. I then applied the blush to my cheeks and eyebrow quad lighter brown color to contour. Then I applied a thick layer of blush to my lips, with a center ombré effect by using the pigment. I then dabbed on a tiny bit of petroleum jelly on top to add shine.

frown.gif
I am judging you and my verdict is:  AWESOME!! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
  I love how you used the pigment to neutralize the blush color on your lips!  
applaus.gif

frown.gif
You look amazing!!!!! Love it!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wore everything in the box today (though I took too long doing other things and had to hurry and slap it on instead of really playing with it, boo)!

Here's a crappy, grainy cellphone picture of how everything looks with my skintone. The light shade in the brow kit and the pigment luster on my eyes along with Starlooks brown eye pencil and mascara, the blush on my cheeks and dabbed lightly on my lips. Loving the colors!

You look great!

frown.gif
Love your look!

I love this month's box. When does Marcy post the video? I have no clue how to use any of this. Can anyone help?

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wore everything in the box today (though I took too long doing other things and had to hurry and slap it on instead of really playing with it, boo)!

Here's a crappy, grainy cellphone picture of how everything looks with my skintone. The light shade in the brow kit and the pigment luster on my eyes along with Starlooks brown eye pencil and mascara, the blush on my cheeks and dabbed lightly on my lips. Loving the colors!

You look gorgeous as always! I'm going to try the blush on my lips now.

Ahh, thanks for all the compliments. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love trying shades outside of my norm. The blush looks amazing on everyone who has posted so far, good call on choosing this one, Marci! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

KellyKaye, those colors make your eyes pop! Gorgeous!

I pulled the trigger and subscribed to Starlooks Starbox this week.  So I'd be getting the June box in a month :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm curious, and pardon the newbie question, but is there a place where you let them know your skin shade/hair color/ eye color/ etc?

I explored the web site and looked around my account, didn't see anything like a 'beauty' or 'style' quiz.... 

any help?

Thx!

Originally Posted by Jaly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I pulled the trigger and subscribed to Starlooks Starbox this week.  So I'd be getting the June box in a month :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm curious, and pardon the newbie question, but is there a place where you let them know your skin shade/hair color/ eye color/ etc?

I explored the web site and looked around my account, didn't see anything like a 'beauty' or 'style' quiz.... 

any help?

Thx!
Nope, everyone generally gets the same box (minus a few times they've set out a few different shades of lipsticks, but all in the same color family, etc.) In one case, they sent out neutral eye quads and for that, they asked everyone their skintone. But for now, it's not customized. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Whoo!  I just tried the blush over a bb cream I'm testing (Holika Holika Moisture Petit BB Cream, to be precise.  Pale pink chick alert:  We have a winner!  It looked scary dark while I was applying it, but it lightened up very nicely) instead of just my bare skin, and this is going to be a great one to wear this summer.  I'm really liking this formula.  I'm antsy to see more swatches of other shades!

Back