• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

STILA 25% OFF COUPON!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still haven't heard anything about my order
frown.gif
  Not surprised or upset, since I know their warehouse is probably madness after the sale... I'm just in the middle of law school finals and really need a pick-me-up, lol!  I keep filling up and emptying carts on sephora and ulta's websites, and I think I'd be way less inclined to spend more cash if I actually had the Stila stuff in my hands...  Need to make sure I remember that I WILL eventually have some fun new items! 

Originally Posted by Jane725 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Still haven't heard anything about my order
frown.gif
  Not surprised or upset, since I know their warehouse is probably madness after the sale... I'm just in the middle of law school finals and really need a pick-me-up, lol!  I keep filling up and emptying carts on sephora and ulta's websites, and I think I'd be way less inclined to spend more cash if I actually had the Stila stuff in my hands...  Need to make sure I remember that I WILL eventually have some fun new items! 
In the middle of law school finals as well. I put on some of my new makeup today just to add some color to my life bahahha.

Has anyone who ordered the liquid lip color set tried it out yet?  Love the formula, but they're hard to apply... and omg those are god-awful colors!  The fuschia color looks ok, but not my style... the other 3 are just dreadful.  The pink is neon on my face, and the coral and light lavender are so pale that I look like death.  I guess I thought they would be more sheer because the product is liquid, but that was obviously a mistake.  Wish I had googled for reviews beforehand, then I would have seen this and known these colors wouldn't work for me.  I realize it was only $16 for a LOT of product, but even that feels like wasted money... and of course I've tried them all so I can't give them away.  Guess I'll be trying out glosses on top to see if I can make them work-able, but otherwise they're going right in the trash since they're not returnable. 

Also, not as much of a gripe, but the passion fruit lip stain is much darker and redder than it would appear from the website... I really wanted more of a coral color, but it's pretty flattering even though it's an intense bombshell-type color, so I'm keeping it.

And finally, my eyeshadow trio came with a small dent in the product, when I pulled it out of the box there was shadow dust all over.  Most of the shadow is intact, but I'm not sure if I should contact them for a replacement - my experience with the product is that once it starts to crack, the whole thing will turn to dust.  The whole order is surprisingly disappointing;  I'm glad I only paid 50% of the normal cost!

I'm pretty annoyed with their Customer Service right now. I got my order last Saturday and after I got it, I immediately opened them to make sure nothing was wrong with any of them (which is what I always do). Almost everything was fine, but my lip color looks like someone has nicked it, and tried to touch it to get rid of it. So I contacted their customer service (& it says it will take them up to 48 hours to reply), I tried calling every day during their hours & no one ever picks up. They did not even try to reply to me until I contacted their twitter, then I got one immediate response 4 days after my initial e-mail. The response told me that no one ever opens any packages in the warehouse so their items are never damaged, so I replied asking if I can do an exchange because when I buy a product, I expect it to be new & of course, I never hear back from them again. The eyeshadows were fine, but the lip color looks "not new" at all. For those who bought the lip color, did yours come the same so this is supposed to be "normal"? Here's how mine looks:

& there was a swipe like that all across the sides of mine. D:

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty annoyed with their Customer Service right now. I got my order last Saturday and after I got it, I immediately opened them to make sure nothing was wrong with any of them (which is what I always do). Almost everything was fine, but my lip color looks like someone has nicked it, and tried to touch it to get rid of it. So I contacted their customer service (& it says it will take them up to 48 hours to reply), I tried calling every day during their hours & no one ever picks up. They did not even try to reply to me until I contacted their twitter, then I got one immediate response 4 days after my initial e-mail. The response told me that no one ever opens any packages in the warehouse so their items are never damaged, so I replied asking if I can do an exchange because when I buy a product, I expect it to be new & of course, I never hear back from them again. The eyeshadows were fine, but the lip color looks "not new" at all. For those who bought the lip color, did yours come the same so this is supposed to be "normal"? Here's how mine looks:

& there was a swipe like that all across the sides of mine. D:
Girl, good luck with their customer service because it sucks! I've had plenty of trouble since I placed an order and ever since then none of them are resolved. They would answer an email then not reply. I've given up on them completely. One of the lip pencils didn't come even when it was in "the shipment" but later they sent me a confirmation for a returned item (which I have yet to get the money back in my card.....) Uhhh, how in the world could I return something when it wasn't even DELIVERED to me yet?!?! I haven't even played around with my order since I'm so disappointed in them. I wanna go home and check if my stuff are like that >.>

you can try to spray it with alcohol then wipe it with a tissue.. other than that.. good luck with their HORRIBLE customer service. =/

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you can try to spray it with alcohol then wipe it with a tissue.. other than that.. good luck with their HORRIBLE customer service. =/

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Girl, good luck with their customer service because it sucks! I've had plenty of trouble since I placed an order and ever since then none of them are resolved. They would answer an email then not reply. I've given up on them completely. One of the lip pencils didn't come even when it was in "the shipment" but later they sent me a confirmation for a returned item (which I have yet to get the money back in my card.....) Uhhh, how in the world could I return something when it wasn't even DELIVERED to me yet?!?! I haven't even played around with my order since I'm so disappointed in them. I wanna go home and check if my stuff are like that >.>
Seriously, the have THE WORST CSR ever! I would rather spend at Sephora & Ulta than to order from them again, even if they do have sales. They make Hautelook's customer service look godly! I want to use it, but I will definitely sanitize it, but when I'm buying an item, I expect it to be brand-new so I wouldn't have to take the extra step to clean it so I haven't touched it waiting for their response with how it came like. You should open the items you got to check on it because this is disgusting. I hope you get your money back for the item you didn't get soon though!

Seriously, the have THE WORST CSR ever! I would rather spend at Sephora & Ulta than to order from them again, even if they do have sales. They make Hautelook's customer service look godly! I want to use it, but I will definitely sanitize it, but when I'm buying an item, I expect it to be brand-new so I wouldn't have to take the extra step to clean it so I haven't touched it waiting for their response with how it came like. You should open the items you got to check on it because this is disgusting. I hope you get your money back for the item you didn't get soon though!
awws.. i'm seriously sorry that you have to deal with an item that have previously been opened! i expect my stuff to be brand new too so i totally see where you're coming from! i'll check tonight when i come home from work... those 3-5 business days passed so i emailed them but of course no reply.. =/ what a joke! i sent them an email saying the same thing.. i even pointed out that people who got the glitch code got their orders BEFORE me (i just used the 50% off).. they didn't even care and blew me off saying "due to high volume of orders during our lakers promotion, we would like to notify you that our warehouse representatives are working hard to fulfill your order as soon as possible"... i sent them an email back stating that they haven't read my original email correctly AND of course no reply back... 

anyways, keep me updated with what happens! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the liquid lipstick in Patina and it's pretty and smells good but it dries funny. It looked akward on. Personally, I like my Maybelline High Shine Gloss Stain thing much better!!!!

It's been weeks and I'm still dealing with this situation and I really don't even know what to do. They said they were doing me a favor by letting me exchange it, but I had to pay for return shipping, so I did. They said they would let me know once it gets to them to re-deliver my replacement. I paid to ship my item back and they received the item early yesterday, however I still have not heard from them at all. I am afraid that they are not going to respond and re-ship AND I'm afraid that they will not refund me so I just ended up spending money on something I sent back to them AND paid for it with nothing. This is so ridiculous!

It's been weeks and I'm still dealing with this situation and I really don't even know what to do. They said they were doing me a favor by letting me exchange it, but I had to pay for return shipping, so I did. They said they would let me know once it gets to them to re-deliver my replacement. I paid to ship my item back and they received the item early yesterday, however I still have not heard from them at all. I am afraid that they are not going to respond and re-ship AND I'm afraid that they will not refund me so I just ended up spending money on something I sent back to them AND paid for it with nothing. This is so ridiculous!
Omg they seriously said they were doing you a favor by letting you exchange it? RUDE

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Omg they seriously said they were doing you a favor by letting you exchange it? RUDE
They said it like "We never do exchanges, only returns, but we'll make an exception and let you return it and have one immediately sent out to you."

I sent it out, the tracking says they received it and I'm hearing NOTHING! I'm so frustrated!

They said it like "We never do exchanges, only returns, but we'll make an exception and let you return it and have one immediately sent out to you."

I sent it out, the tracking says they received it and I'm hearing NOTHING! I'm so frustrated!
I don't understand why they don't do exchanges, what happens when products are seriously broken in transit? I've seen it happen with eyeshadows and powders plenty of time in topics about thebalm or birchbox. I think they may need to rethink their policies.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't understand why they don't do exchanges, what happens when products are seriously broken in transit? I've seen it happen with eyeshadows and powders plenty of time in topics about thebalm or birchbox. I think they may need to rethink their policies.
Yeah I don't even know. Since they don't do exchanges, they do not provide return labels, so I had to pay $4 out of pocket for that, which means I could have bought the lip color at Sephora instead of dealing with this from Stila.

The next time I meet with Stila, I'll see if I can find any official feedback on their no exchange policy, especially when a 'new' product comes pre-swiped.  I have a few more shows I'm attending this summer, so hopefully Dominic will have some time to speak with me about the Customer Service concerns.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The next time I meet with Stila, I'll see if I can find any official feedback on their no exchange policy, especially when a 'new' product comes pre-swiped.  I have a few more shows I'm attending this summer, so hopefully Dominic will have some time to speak with me about the Customer Service concerns.
Yes, I would love to hear that, thanks!!

After calling their CS line over and over again and not getting any e-mail replies, I went on BBB and they had a different number listed, which is Stila the company as a whole, not the CS. They told me they would direct me to CS and I said NOOOOO, they never pick up & I was super frustrated and I think they were able to tell, so the person said she would forward a message saying "important" on it & contact someone who does work in customer service to get back to me within an hour. She was super sweet for doing that for me, but for me to have to do all that really makes the CS look bad.

Most of my Stila contacts are more on their PR/business side (Dominic is actually one of their lead makeup artists), but I'll go rummage through my business cards again and see if I have any marketing/sales/CS names.

Back