Summer Circular Swap, 2016

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@cpl100 LOL. I travel a lot for work, I'm a master packer. It's the same skill set.
Okay...well I could use help packing my suitcase too.  I travel frequently (pleasure not business) and usually for at least two weeks at a time and have yet to master that art (or the packing light art).

Okay, this swap went well and not so well for me!  Planning to mail box today.  I set out with the goal of lightening the box as promised.  I thought I did a good job!

Sept. Took.jpg

Since I had to go away for the weekend. I decided to put everything back in the box and add when I had more time since I'd missed the Post Office closing for the same day (Friday).

To my dismay, I could barely fit the stuff back in the box.  But I thought I would do better when I returned and was relaxed.  

.....not really!

Here is what I added. 

Sept.  added.jpg

And, I apologize but I didn't leave much or any room for the next person as this is what the box looked like before I sealed it.

Sept. Full.jpg

All I can say is:  Better luck to Ann!

Challenge accepted!
Good!  I'd say maybe it will settle a little en route....but it had a chance to settle while sitting on my table over the weekend during my absence.

Just PM'd the tracking number to you.  They said it should arrive by Thursday.

I've got tracking and will look for the box tomorrow. 

I'm the last one on this swap round and then the box goes back to @@Reija

In an effort to reduce some of the bulk of the box, I will try to pull together MORE stuff from the box than I put in. I'm planning to try and make up some makeup bags for my sister and friends. I hope no one minds?  

Can't wait!

I've got tracking and will look for the box tomorrow. 

I'm the last one on this swap round and then the box goes back to @@Reija

In an effort to reduce some of the bulk of the box, I will try to pull together MORE stuff from the box than I put in. I'm planning to try and make up some makeup bags for my sister and friends. I hope no one minds?  

Can't wait!
Try it!  I took something I am only kind of curious about and also something that I thought my son's girlfriend would like in an effort to lighten the box as promised.  My failure becomes your opportunity!

Ok. I took A LOT and added a little. I purged all the packaging and multiple plastic bags to reduce the space they used. The box is ready to go back to @@Reija

Here is what I took:

image.jpeg

Yikes! I also took a mini bottle of lancome foundation. I'm seriously lacking in foundation around here. I didn't take a picture of it because it's in my makeup bag already and I've used it twice. So thanks whoever added it!

Here is what I added:

I might root around and add a few more things before I seal the box tomorrow image.jpeg

Here is the box:

image.jpeg it's still so full!

I tried to sort stuff that looked gently used into its own bag. Some stuff was a little questionable so we might want to vote to toss it.

That concludes the summer circular swap! Thanks for the fun. I've created a thread for a fall swap, so we'll continue this if we still have interest?

Ok. I took A LOT and added a little. I purged all the packaging and multiple plastic bags to reduce the space they used. The box is ready to go back to @@Reija

Here is what I took:

image.jpeg

Yikes! I also took a mini bottle of lancome foundation. I'm seriously lacking in foundation around here. I didn't take a picture of it because it's in my makeup bag already and I've used it twice. So thanks whoever added it!

Here is what I added:

I might root around and add a few more things before I seal the box tomorrow
image.jpeg

Here is the box:

I tried to sort stuff that looked gently used into its own bag. Some stuff was a little questionable so we might want to vote to toss it.

That concludes the summer circular swap! Thanks for the fun. I've created a thread for a fall swap, so we'll continue this if we still have interest?
I think its good that you were able to take out a lot, it might be a good idea to purge it all out once a year. I see so many things that seem to just stay in the box with every round but since I can't use them I leave them in and hope someone else will take them.

The box arrived safely. I'll take a peak and hold it for the next round. Thank you all who participated! Hope you can join in on the next round too!

Here is what I took:

image.jpeg

Here is what I added:

I might root around and add a few more things before I seal the box tomorrow
image.jpeg

Here is the box:

Oooh!  Those cute Sephora Play bags!

Back