Summerswap 2014 Reveal Thread (Post your beauties here)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love all the nail polish, mini nail polishes are just so stinking cute!! And super excited for another reveal to be posted soon from ashleylind!

My summer swap buddy is @@Christa W and she is already my friend so she knows what I like! Christa and I have become close due to our mutual love of all things nail polish here on the boards so when I saw my present was from her, I knew I was in for a real treat. She just gets me.

This bag is to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cutest thing ever and it's the perfect size to carry all my stuff the few times a year we do our B&B stays. It was stuffed full too.

box.jpg

pres.jpg

She wrote a long note which, for real, made me cry. And made me remember the number one reason I value this board and the people on it is because I have real friends here and Christa was my first.

My favourite part of this gift is the handwritten family recipe cards. Christa, your mom's last name is my maiden name. Are we long lost relatives???

She sent me OPI Brazil Collection liquid sand minis. I LOVE!!!! This!

OPI Push and Shove

Sephora X in Zing and Inspiring

Sephora by OPI in Leotard Optional whch I have been wanting FOREVER.

Sinful in Real Teal. It's one of the new silk collection and I'm dying to try it out.

Nicole by OPI in My Sol Shines Brighter and Live In The Momentum

Sally Hansen Lustre Shine in Scarab

Olive Lips which I love this stuff so much!

And finally a few creams and lotions and a perfume sample.

She put together the perfect present for me.

Thank you so much, Christa for everything but most importantly for always being my friend. :hugs3:
Remember you almost got a cat too!!! I was going to call this theme recipe for friendship. 2 lb box of nail polish and other goodies. Add MUT and a stir!! Lol or something like that... And you get a lasting friendship that helps you through the tough times.
It was so funny those Special K Nicole by OPI's came like lighting fast. I didn't even know what they were when my boyfriend checked the nail he's like "some dude" sent you something. I died laughing. I hope those were the Clinique moisturizer you were talking about. I'm not saying there won't be some ninja packages yet to come I couldn't get one thing I wanted.. But if I see it its yours!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My summer swap buddy is @@Christa W and she is already my friend so she knows what I like! Christa and I have become close due to our mutual love of all things nail polish here on the boards so when I saw my present was from her, I knew I was in for a real treat. She just gets me.

This bag is to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cutest thing ever and it's the perfect size to carry all my stuff the few times a year we do our B&B stays. It was stuffed full too.

box.jpg

pres.jpg

She wrote a long note which, for real, made me cry. And made me remember the number one reason I value this board and the people on it is because I have real friends here and Christa was my first.

My favourite part of this gift is the handwritten family recipe cards. Christa, your mom's last name is my maiden name. Are we long lost relatives???

She sent me OPI Brazil Collection liquid sand minis. I LOVE!!!! This!

OPI Push and Shove

Sephora X in Zing and Inspiring

Sephora by OPI in Leotard Optional whch I have been wanting FOREVER.

Sinful in Real Teal. It's one of the new silk collection and I'm dying to try it out.

Nicole by OPI in My Sol Shines Brighter and Live In The Momentum

Sally Hansen Lustre Shine in Scarab

Olive Lips which I love this stuff so much!

And finally a few creams and lotions and a perfume sample.

She put together the perfect present for me.

Thank you so much, Christa for everything but most importantly for always being my friend. :hugs3:
Another perfect swap match! What gorgeous gifts!

Trekkersangel spoiled me rotten!!! I had no idea she was my person! I even contacted her for roadie help, and in our multiple conversations there, I remained clueless. 

Okay...let's give this a try.

Here's the first view of my box. And it's sort of hard to tell, but all 17 (yes, 17!!!) of my gifts have heart or houndstooth ribbon on them, which are my two favorite things!

IMG_6765.JPG

I just had to show off the beautiful embossing on the envelope.

IMG_6766.JPG

Audrey received a Hello Kitty AND My Little Pony toy. She is currently obsessed with Hello Kitty, but her older cousin is all about My Little Ponies, which is now rapidly equaling Audrey loving My Little Ponies.

IMG_6772.JPG

My husband also received a gift. But I'm behaving and not opening it. It appears to be candy-bar shaped though.

Each gift was numbered and went with a note.

IMG_6773.JPG

I decided to postpone Audrey's nap, so I could open all my goodies. I start organizing the presents in the appropriate order, when I look over and see this:

IMG_6776.JPG

Audrey opened every single note. At this point, I decided it was her nap time. 

Presents to follow!!!

Oh my gosh I'm so happy it got there safe & sound. The guy at my post office had a hard time with your address & told me to hang on to my tracking number just in case something happened with the address. So I tucked away my receipt with the tracking number into a zippered pocket in my purse. I'm renovating my downstairs bathroom right now & I was putting on painters tape when I noticed my 1 year old emptying my purse into the trash for me. . . Got to love little "helpers!" My receipt was gone!!!! I emptied my trash onto my kitchen floor frantically looking for my receipt! No luck! I look at my baby only to find the bottom half of the receipt I'm looking for in his mouth! Yep! My baby ate your tracking number! Mom of the year right here!!!!

Needless to say, I'm extremely happy it made it to you safe & sound!
LoL! My daughter has done the same thing...they can get into everything so quickly! I'm glad for your sake the box shipped safely, I'm sure you were stressing over it.

Part 2 of 3

Gift 1 was foil goodies! I'm especially excited about the Caldrea Coconut Fig Leaf lotion and the Ruffian nail polish remover.

IMG_6779.JPG

IMG_6780.JPG

Next up were some sweet goodies! I have a hardcore addiction to gummy bears (and they may already my in my tummy). Super excited to try the chocolate bars as well!!! Especially the one with toffee, yum!

IMG_6783.JPG

I love nail polish, and for whatever reason the bulk of my collection seems to be in non-traditional colors. This summer, I've been trying to beef up my pink collection and this will definitely help – they are so pretty!!! I'm also obsessed with Ruffian polish (I consider it magic), and the Relic was the only polish I didn't get in last month's Birchbox – so thank you! The Julep colors are beautiful as well. I'm super excited to try the orange! In fact, I took my polish off last night, and I'm thinking orange will be happening next.  :wub:

IMG_6784-1.JPG

Eeek! I am now the proud owner of a Beauty Blender!!!!!

IMG_6784.JPG

Some local goodies! This AMEND-MINTS tin might be the cutest thing ever, and will definitely find a second use once the mints are gone. And the Williamsburg Fresh Lemon soap smells amazing!

(Side story break, before the next gift. In January 2012, I gave birth to my daughter Audrey at age 29. Four days after having her, I went into congestive heart failure and the doctors didn't know if I was going to make it. The terrifying words "heart transplant" were floating around. Thankfully, I responded well to treatment (and lost the 6 liters of fluid trapped in my body within several days). I was soon released from the hospital as long as I wore an external defibrillator vest at all times for 30 days. It took months before I even had the strength to do a trip to the grocery store or even care for my daughter alone. While I am making a recovery and most people now wouldn't even now I was sick, I am still in active heart failure. Last November, I opted for a pacemaker/defibrillator, which I totally rock., and am hoping this will help improve my heart's ejection fraction. Anyway, this is where my obsession with hearts comes from. It reminds me of my journey and my incredible strength).

So on to a gift, which clearly is heart related....

IMG_6786 copy.jpg

How cool is this! It's a sugar cookie stamp with hearts!!! I have never seen anything like this and it's amazing!!! Audrey and I just made muffins for the first time last weekend, and I'm thinking sugar cookies will be happening next week while she's recovering from her eye surgery. So special!!!

IMG_6787.JPG

I'm obsessed with rose-scented things, so I'm loving this Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme and am super excited to try the rose bar of soap!!!

IMG_6788.JPG

A Birchbox crammed full of goodies – Beekind lotion (I go through lotion like it's my job, so yay!), Caviar CC Cream for hair (love hair stuff!), Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer (funny story, I have this, and only have about 1 week left of it, and I was very sad about that), Coastal Scents Revealed Palette (I have the full-size palette and am obsessed with it – excited to have this little sample for my makeup bag), Aqua Space Body Creme (just opened it up and this stuff smells amazing)!, Bellapierre super lipgloss (such a pretty neutral color), Stila liquid lipstick in beso (I've been wanting to try this!), Cynthia Rowley silver eyeliner (super excited to have a spare for my makeup bag), Yves Rocher Cotton Flower shower cream (this stuff smells amazing and is going in my gym bag), Philosophy's Hope In a Jar BB cream (super excited to try a new BB cream), Stila CC cream (same goes with a CC cream), Burt's Bees lip shimmer (I've somehow made it through life without trying Burt's Bees, so I'm happy to finally give it a whirl), Ayres Body Butter (this has been on my wishlist for awhile now!), LAQA & Co Lip Lube in purple (I use this all the time – I'm excited to finally have one exclusively for my purse), Beauty Protector Hair Mask (I think !!!!! says it all), LUSH Fair Trade Froth and Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter (we have a LUSH here, but I've never tried it – I am soooooo excited to try several things from them).

Well, that was the longest sentence ever. You are welcome.

IMG_6788-1.JPG

Eeeek!!!!! Once I'm done watching Buffy, I'm actually planning on rewatching Doctor Who. I know what I'm drinking out of!!!!

Part 3 to follow...

Part 3 of 3

I can't believe there's even more!!!!

IMG_6788-2.JPG

Confession: The second I saw these Coastal Scents brushes, I knew what was to eventually follow. I may get on Birchbox daily and admire the pretty palette. I definitely "squeeed." 

IMG_6789.JPG

I can't get over the cleverness of this!!!! Trekkersangel made me a first aid kit to keep in my purse for Audrey! Look how cool it is – all these plastic bags are sewn in! This is so genius!!!! Love it!

IMG_6791.JPG

I can't believe I now own a set of LAQA & Co lip pencils!!!! My jaw may have hit the floor. I love them so much. Thank you so much!!!

IMG_6792.JPG

How adorable are these heart dish towels that she made?!?! I think I'll have to fight Audrey for them. Maybe we can share?

IMG_6794.JPG

Trekkersangel gave me some of her favorite things – Starlooks Diamondline Pencil, Precision Eye Definer Pen and Tender Gloss Lipstick. I've never tried anything by Starlooks before, and I'm super excited to find out why they are a favorite!

IMG_6795.JPG

I LOVE rose-scented things (and lotions), and this Aerin Rose Hand & Body Cream is the most amazing thing ever! I scored a sample in a trade, and was very sad once it was gone, because this lotion is a tad too experience for me. I was never expecting this!!!! I am in love! Thank you so, so much for splurging and spending part of your BG gift card on me!

IMG_6797.JPG

Eeek! Please take a moment and admire its beauty! I seriously cannot stop admiring this. I am so excited to take it for a test drive tomorrow. So, so pretty.

IMG_6799.JPG

And finally, the grand finale. You can read the note in the photo, but Trekkersangel got me a heart-shaped Mozambique Garnet gemstone. This is so, so special and definitely brought tears to my eyes. This was so sweet and entirely thoughtful of you, I'm still in shock. Thank you so much.

IMG_6800.JPG

The wrapping aftermath.

IMG_6802.JPG

The amazing overview.

Seriously, everything is more than amazing. I can't get over how well your stalked me. Thank you so much!

PS – Audrey is now walking around the house, saying the Hello Kitty you got her is now officially her favorite kitty. :)

I'm so glad you loved it all.  It was so much fun buying things for you.  The minute I heard about your "heart" story, I knew HEARTS had to be your theme.  You are a sweetheart so it was a very fitting theme.  Enjoy it all.  You deserve it.  And give Audrey a big hug from her swap buddy friend.

Have fun with all your goodies!!!!

What great reveals! I am starting to think though that my gift isn't very good..I am sure my person will like everything though!

No fretting about gifts.  If you've picked out things you think she'll like (and it sounds like you have), you've done a great job!  I think it's just so nice that someone took the time to pick something out for another person that they may hardly know.  That kind of thoughtfulness can be hard to find these days!  

I am loving how every reveal so far has shown that the person sending the box not only took time to learn about their buddy, but they put something "of" themselves into their box.  These boxes have truly been sharing experiences and I love that.  From homemade loveliness to treasured family recipes, heartfelt letters, gemstone hearts.  Every single box reveal has had me thinking "oh, I know why she included that and it's PERFECT."

Wonderful reveal! Love the meaning behind the <3's!

Back