Summerswap 2014 Reveal Thread (Post your beauties here)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My package came!!! It's from the wonderful @@dotybird

I cannot believe the amount of joy that can be packed into a box and shipped cross country!

@@dotybird Thank you so much! The box contained so much amazingness. Every time I opened something was an "OMG!!!" moment. Every item was perfect!!!

More gushing under the spoiler with pics of all the amazingness!

Part 1

box15.jpg

Look at all the purple and teal! My favorite colors...and Cola flavored gummies! YUM!!! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Box2.jpg

The first three items I opened were amazing! A NYX Glam Liner Aqua Luxe in Glam Azure. It's a tealy blue sparkletastic metallic liquid liner and I AM IN LOVE! It's sooo pretty! A NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. I *gasp* didn't have one of these and have been wanting to try it out! I can't wait to use it under my loose shadows. A Maybelline ColorSensational Lip Liner in Clear!! I have been wanting to try a clear lip liner for a while now (and I had never seen any in my local drugstores!). I got a liquid lipstick in an amazing color the other day and it bled (but was amazing in every other way), so I am super happy to get this right now!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

box3.jpg

Next up: A Pearl Essential Mask Sheet from TheFaceShop. I lurk in a lot of threads around here, like  Memebox, Enablers...etc and I have seen SO MUCH talk about this mask. I can't believe I have one! I took the pic before opening the bag and there are three others as well: 2  Real Nature Masks in Red Ginseng and Rice and a Missha White Cure Hydro-Gel Mask! I love face masks of all types and am so excited to try out some Korean ones!

Next to the masks is a beautiful teal peacock feather head wrap. I love this and had to put it on right away! Very me! My mom was watching me open stuff and she couldn't believe how people who have never met could pick out something so right for someone else!

box4.jpg

She made me a bracelet!!!!!! The picture doesn't do it justice! It's intricately beaded in wonderful shades of blue, aqua, green etc. The colors are perfect for me and I know I will be wearing it a lot! Seriously, the picture doesn't capture how cool it is at all. I wish I was capable of making cool stuff like this.
Way more awesomeness to come!!!

Part 2!!!

box5.jpg

PACIFICA!!!! I have never tried any of their products. They aren't available any place near me (boo to rural Michigan!) and I see so much good stuff about their products. The scent is Hawaiian Ruby Guava and it smells like paradise! It's a wonderful tropical smell and it smells like fresh fruit, not artificial like some fruity scents! It's making me crave citrus fruit (and a trip to Hawaii lol). The set has a body butter, a roller ball perfume and a natural color lip tint! So excited to get to try three of their products!

box6.jpg

Next up a Glossybox packed full of samples! I love the sacks with little notes attached. Such a cool way to wrap everything! My 2 year old nephew came at this point to "help" me LOL that's his little hand in the picture pointing out something for me open :)

box7.jpg

All of these perfume samples were packed in a ziploc on top of the Glossybox. I had always just used Body Sprays and have lately been wanting to try and find perfumes that I like and now I have a whole bunch to test out! I haven't smelled them all yet or anything, but I must admit that One Direction perfume actually smells pretty great :) There is some Narciso Rodriguez and Harvey Prince and just a bunch of fun new scents.  I'm going to use a new one everyday, so I can try them all out. Lots of fruity and floral scents, which are my faves!

box8.jpg

Mascara samples! Aren't they adorable. I love mini mascaras since I can keep one in my purse without taking up a lot of space and am I the only one that thinks the little wands are adorable?!?! There are 2 Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme, 2 Lancome Hypnose Star and one 100% Pure. L'Oreal sends out the Hypnose Star Mascara as compensations a lot and I NEVER get it, so I'm super excited to try it out. I'm putting one of those in my purse right away!

box9.jpg

Here are some body products and blush! I love those little Sephora Shower Gel pods. I don't make many Sephora.com purchases, but when I do I always try to get to the free shipping amount and would grab a couple of these to make the limit. I just used my last one a couple weeks ago, so I'm happy to have a few more. These are the exact same scents I got when I bought them! Crazy! The Whish Body Butter in Pomegranate smells great! This is also going directly in my purse! I always try to have some kind of lotion/body butter type of product with me at all times :)

BLUSHES!!! They are my most recent makeup obsession. I used to skip blush because I was too afraid to looking like a clown and then about a year ago I got the hang of blush and have been obsessed. I love theBalm as a company in general because their stuff is so funny/punny/cheeky and I saw these little samples go out in subscription boxes and REALLY wanted one. The packaging is just way too cute! Also, the Tarte Flush Cheek Stain!!! All I've tried from Tarte is the Maracuja Oil (which is nice!) and I can't wait to use this. It looks dark in the stick, but it sheered out to a lovely shade when I swatched it!

By this point I was in awesomeness overload and there was still so much more to go!!!

box10.jpg

Here are eye and nail products!

The quad is Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Sunset Sampler. I am one of those crazy girls who just doesn't do the neutral eyeshadow thing much/very well. I've been wanting to dive into neutrals, but neutrals are kind of scary territory for me :p The Revealed palettes are something I've been thinking about getting and I'm excited to test them out. This has some shimmery and a matte shade. I have a feeling this will be pushing me to grab this palette! The Inika is a mineral shadow in "eternal marine" and it is an amazing blue/green/silver mermaid tail color. I swatched it and it soooooo gorgeous when the sun hits it. Love loose shadows and this will be in heavy rotation. So.Pretty.

The Club Color nail polish is in the shade Gold Struck and the picture doesn't show the color well. In person it is a lovely rose-gold type of color! I lurk in the Birchbox threads and have seen looottss of talk about the Ruffian polishes. So excited to try it out. The shade is Hedge Fund and it's a wonderful green sparkletastic color!

box11.jpg

Next up are some organic items and some of doty's fave skincare items!

I've been looking into skincare items that help with redness and acne and now I have some great things to try. I've heard great things about African Black Soap (and those Shea Terra bottles are so cute!) and Juice Beauty. And MORE MASKS!!!! These by Kiehl's and fresh, both brands that I've never tried! I've never tried anything by Vasanti, either, so I can't wait to try that as well!

I swear in person I'm a very shy, non-talker...but I guess I'm horribly long winded in typed gift reveals! It's just all so amazing! I think I can fit everything else into one last post!

Ok I am taking forever to get these all posted. Finally, the last one!

Part 3!!!!

box13.jpg

Nail Rock Nail Glitter!!!! I love glitter bomb polishes, so I am SUPER excited to try out this set that you literally dip your nail into GLITTER!! Amazing!!! So many exclamation points for this, I cannot wait to do this (probably tonight!!). The color is awesome!

box12.jpg

The lipstick is a ColorSensational the Vivids in Fuchsia Flash! I have 'Hot Plum' and love it (the pigmentation is awesome and it's really creamy) and want all of them. Fuchsia Flash is the one I wanted most! I am so excited to have it. It always looked so pretty in the store and I just swatched it and it's every bit as pretty as I thought it would be!

The e.l.f little black beauty book cool edition!! Elf is only available in limited amounts around here. My local grocery store has a small twirly rack that mostly just has brushes and a few shadows and lip items(though my "local" Meijer 20+ miles away just added a pretty decent sized elf section!), so I am excited to try out all these pretty eyeshadows. I love palettes like this that have a huge variety of colors all-in-one. The variety in it awesome and there is a mirror in it, so double win!

And last, but not least, the OPI Brazil mini's! They are so cute! I love the bright colors! I don't think I have ever owned any OPI polishes and am so happy that I have some now. Plus, these are the liquid sand ones!!!!!!!!!!! I've been wanting to try out textured polishes <3

All of the amazingness! *except the bracelet that is on my wrist and the 1D perfume sample that I left out, oops!

box14.jpg

So. Wow. Thank you so much @dotybird. You obviously put a lot of effort into putting together an amazing gift and you succeeded. I can't believe I am so lucky to receive all this awesomeness! The items you chose really were more amazing than I ever could have imagined receiving. I am going to have  new stuff to try out for so long. It's going to be so hard choosing which items to use first! Thank you soooo very much for putting together such a lovely gift. I appreciate it more than I could ever say!

Last edited by a moderator:

Part 3!!!!

box13.jpg

Nail Rock Nail Glitter!!!! I love glitter bomb polishes, so I am SUPER excited to try out this set that you literally dip your nail into GLITTER!! Amazing!!! So many exclamation points for this, I cannot wait to do this (probably tonight!!). The color is awesome!

box12.jpg

The lipstick is a ColorSensational the Vivids in Fuchsia Flash! I have 'Hot Plum' and love it (the pigmentation is awesome and it's really creamy) and want all of them. Fuchsia Flash is the one I wanted most! I am so excited to have it. It always looked so pretty in the store and I just swatched it and it's every bit as pretty as I thought it would be!

The e.l.f little black beauty book cool edition!! Elf is only available in limited amounts around here. My local grocery store has a small twirly rack that mostly just has brushes and a few shadows and lip items(though my "local" Meijer 20+ miles away just added a pretty decent sized elf section!), so I am excited to try out all these pretty eyeshadows. I love palettes like this that have a huge variety of colors all-in-one. The variety in it awesome and there is a mirror in it, so double win!

And last, but not least, the OPI Brazil mini's! They are so cute! I love the bright colors! I don't think I have ever owned any OPI polishes and am so happy that I have some now. Plus, these are the liquid sand ones!!!!!!!!!!! I've been wanting to try out textured polishes <3

All of the amazingness! *except the bracelet that is on my wrist and the 1D perfume sample that I left out, oops!

box14.jpg

So. Wow. Thank you so much @dotybird. You obviously put a lot of effort into putting together an amazing gift and you succeeded. I can't believe I am so lucky to receive all this awesomeness! The items you chose really were more amazing than I ever could have imagined receiving. I am going to have new stuff to try out for so long. It's going to be so hard choosing which items to use first! Thank you soooo very much for putting together such a lovely gift. I appreciate it more than I could ever say!
Yay!! I am so happy you like everything! It was so much fun shopping for you. I really feel like the gifting is the best part of the exchange. I was so excited for you to receive the package and "to see" you open everything! I love the reveals!!!

Part 3!!!!

box13.jpg

box12.jpg

box14.jpg

So. Wow. Thank you so much @dotybird. You obviously put a lot of effort into putting together an amazing gift and you succeeded. I can't believe I am so lucky to receive all this awesomeness! The items you chose really were more amazing than I ever could have imagined receiving. I am going to have new stuff to try out for so long. It's going to be so hard choosing which items to use first! Thank you soooo very much for putting together such a lovely gift. I appreciate it more than I could ever say!
More amazing gifts! This thread is so happy!

@@Kelli so much amazingness and it sounds like everything was personally chosen just to make you deliriously happy! What a great reveal!

I have to admit I kinda lost it and just STARED at that teal peacock feather headband for several minutes!!! It's incredibly gorgeous! @@dotybird would you be willing to share (or just PM me!) where you got it? I kinda just need it in my life.

ETA: found it! Found the Etsy shop! OMG SHE SELLS AN INFINITY SCARF WITH MR. DARCY'S PROPOSAL *dies*

Bye bye, money!

Let me start out my reveal post by saying that awhile after signing up for Summerswap I realized I was super vague about my likes and wants.  Other than listing a few stamping plates and stamping polishes I was interested I just said "I have 1300 polishes... and I'm only just getting into make up... now you go and buy me stuff".  I would have kicked my own ass.  In her wonderful card to me, tgooberbutt told me she came up with an idea and pretty much just rolled the dice to see if I would like it.  Not only was this one knocked out of the park but she came in bases loaded crushing grand slam to win the World Series.  

Without further ado.. since I know you have all been waiting since 1:30...

The box arrived and on top found some Star Wars cookies!!!  I was so impressed with the decoration of them.  I have those same cookies cutters and have NEVER made a successful Vader.  There may or may not be a eaten Stormtrooper already as one didn't survive his space journey from Cali all the way to Florida.  There was also a awesome custom cut card with my name and a bottle of nail polish in my favorite shade of green.  I was spoiled as she managed to get all my favorite colors hot pink, green and gray into my gifts. 

Summerswap1.jpg

I was a bit confused as I had my boyfriend with me in my office and I was listening to my team meeting via conference call at the same time.  My boyfriend started helping me and while I was trying to process what it was I had he had already figured it out and was assisting me.  He started to lay out all the items on the floor while I was reading the card.

Summerswap2.jpg

Look how adorable the wrapping is!!  So perfect.  I love it.

Summerswap3.jpg

Of course I had help.

So here is what the amazing gifts were.  I was gifted all the nail polish frankening supplies my little heart could ever desire!!  Since I had so many of my own already, tgooberbutt decided to take a chance I might want to make my own creations.  She couldn't have been more on point.  I am dying with excitement over this! 

What all I got....

3 jellie based polish pigments in primary colors so I can mix and match

3 special "magic" pigments in holographic, diamond and mirror finishes

2 polish bases (one suspension and one luster)

7 empty polish bottles

13 pkgs of solvent resistant glitters

and the metal mixing beads to go in the polish.

On top of that I was gifted a Nail Rock glitter set, a Sally Hansen I <3 Nail Art glitter kit in the most amazing 3 color ever (been wanting to try these since I saw them), NCLA accent nail wraps, some cute little nails to test my designs on (she said it was a last minute add on and I love it.  I have little containers full of little practice nails so it's perfect).  I also got a custom monogramed shopping bag that rolls down to be very small. I am going to use the for everything.  There was so much stuff I hope I didn't forget anything.

Summerswap5.jpg

Summerswap6.jpg

Here is all the glitters I get to play with.

Summerswap7.jpg

Needless to say this gift was amazing.  My boyfriend was so excited for me as I have been talking to him about wanting these things forever.  First polish up will be a blue holo!!  Thank you again @@tgooberbutt from the bottom of my heart this was amazing and will bring me joy to come for a very long time.  I think you might have created a monster though.  I've already been stalking TKB Trading online this afternoon!!

Let me start out my reveal post by saying that awhile after signing up for Summerswap I realized I was super vague about my likes and wants.  Other than listing a few stamping plates and stamping polishes I was interested I just said "I have 1300 polishes... and I'm only just getting into make up... now you go and buy me stuff".  I would have kicked my own ass.  In her wonderful card to me, tgooberbutt told me she came up with an idea and pretty much just rolled the dice to see if I would like it.  Not only was this one knocked out of the park but she came in bases loaded crushing grand slam to win the World Series.  

Without further ado.. since I know you have all been waiting since 1:30...

The box arrived and on top found some Star Wars cookies!!!  I was so impressed with the decoration of them.  I have those same cookies cutters and have NEVER made a successful Vader.  There may or may not be a eaten Stormtrooper already as one didn't survive his space journey from Cali all the way to Florida.  There was also a awesome custom cut card with my name and a bottle of nail polish in my favorite shade of green.  I was spoiled as she managed to get all my favorite colors hot pink, green and gray into my gifts. 

Summerswap1.jpg

I was a bit confused as I had my boyfriend with me in my office and I was listening to my team meeting via conference call at the same time.  My boyfriend started helping me and while I was trying to process what it was I had he had already figured it out and was assisting me.  He started to lay out all the items on the floor while I was reading the card.

Summerswap2.jpg

Look how adorable the wrapping is!!  So perfect.  I love it.

Summerswap3.jpg

Of course I had help.

So here is what the amazing gifts were.  I was gifted all the nail polish frankening supplies my little heart could ever desire!!  Since I had so many of my own already, tgooberbutt decided to take a chance I might want to make my own creations.  She couldn't have been more on point.  I am dying with excitement over this! 

What all I got....

3 jellie based polish pigments in primary colors so I can mix and match

3 special "magic" pigments in holographic, diamond and mirror finishes

2 polish bases (one suspension and one luster)

7 empty polish bottles

13 pkgs of solvent resistant glitters

and the metal mixing beads to go in the polish.

On top of that I was gifted a Nail Rock glitter set, a Sally Hansen I <3 Nail Art glitter kit in the most amazing 3 color ever (been wanting to try these since I saw them), NCLA accent nail wraps, some cute little nails to test my designs on (she said it was a last minute add on and I love it.  I have little containers full of little practice nails so it's perfect).  I also got a custom monogramed shopping bag that rolls down to be very small. I am going to use the for everything.  There was so much stuff I hope I didn't forget anything.

Summerswap5.jpg

Summerswap6.jpg

Here is all the glitters I get to play with.

Summerswap7.jpg

Needless to say this gift was amazing.  My boyfriend was so excited for me as I have been talking to him about wanting these things forever.  First polish up will be a blue holo!!  Thank you again @@tgooberbutt from the bottom of my heart this was amazing and will bring me joy to come for a very long time.  I think you might have created a monster though.  I've already been stalking TKB Trading online this afternoon!!
OMG - I am sooooo happy that your next move was going to be in the Frankenpolish world! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

TKB is seriously in a sketchy industrial neighborhood of Oakland, but the nearby taco trucks (and the thought of a happy nail polish addict) made it well worth the trip. I can't wait to see what you create!!!

As for decorating Vader and the Storm Troopers - LOL! There's a reason why you didn't get Chewbaca and Yoda - they came out sooooo fugly!

Okay I know how everybody say that their person is the best but no you are wrong my person @@BSquared is the most awesome. This box was perfect for me. I love everything in it.I apologize for the crappy pictures but this is the best box ever.!!!!!

! My husband said , how did she know that you say that all the time. The first thing I opened was. I am a sucker for office supplies. Next was I haven't been able find a replacement for my Sephora no bleeding lip lip liner. Now I have two replacements. I can't wait to try the OCC!! Plus two more lip liners that are right in my color pallet. I love that Maybelline packaging. And of course I love me some blue polishes. Next was I love this color!!! Next was. I had just whinned that I gave away all of my fresh things. Now I have them back!!! Then I opened Again with the fresh, and more minis. And setting powder. Can't wait to try it! Then there was NYC and the New Black in Haze. I just love it.
Part two to follow. I'm hoping the pictures will show if not I'll do them again.

.photo-16.JPGphoto-15.JPGphoto-14.JPGphoto 1-2.JPGphoto 1-2.JPG
photo-17.JPG

Latest posts

Back