Summerswap 2014 Reveal Thread (Post your beauties here)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ladies, prepare yourself for a super-size dose of awesome!  My swap buddy was @@bonita22, and I'm telling you, she must be a secret agent ninja spy because her gift was absolutely, positively perfect!  I just wanted to give you some time to brace yourselves while I figure out the inner workings of how to post a photo inside a spoiler!

Without further ado! Part 1!

Here is the first look into the box:

IMG_11621.JPG

Inside was a beautiful and sparkly laptop case, along with some goodies for the fur babies!

IMG_11631.JPG

And a Happy Birthday pug card with a sweet note inside!

IMG_11651.JPG

The laptop case was stuffed full of goodies!

IMG_11711.JPG 

Bonita22 sent some of her favorite candies.  These will actually be perfect for my training, because I eat sweets before I work out for some fast burning carbs!

IMG_11721.JPG

Here's everything else that was inside the pouch.  Everything was wrapped neatly and VERY securely :)

IMG_11731.JPG

Part 2!

First were these beautiful Alice in Wonderland tags.  I absolutely love all things Alice, and I especially love these particular illustrations.

IMG_11741.JPG

Next up, masks!  Freeman is one of my favorite brands, so these will go to good use - I use a mask twice a week!

IMG_11751.JPG

This next gift really put a smile on my face.  I've been on a no buy for the past few months, and Bonita22 remembered that I really wanted this speckled Julep polish!  And it's even prettier than I thought it would be :)

IMG_11761.JPG

Next up, my very first Rainbow Honey!!! These are so so beautiful.  I've been resisting buying any in case my swap buddy picked up one, and now I have three!  And an AMAZING smelling hand lotion.  Seriously, this mix of vanilla and almond is one of my favorites scents ever.  I took a deep inhale and was instantly relaxed!

IMG_11771.JPG

Next up, lip products!  Bonita22 sent me her favorite lipstick, a beautiful pink shade that I can't wait to try.  I've really been into trying out lipsticks, and this looks like a perfect color!  Plus, a Julep lip gloss in an absolutely goregeous shade.  I love Julep lip glosses, so this is a double win for me!

IMG_11781.JPG

Can you believe there's more?  I couldn't!  Part 3!

Next some great eye products!  Two Ulta liners in gorgeous shades that I have been dying to try and a Julep kajal liner, which I love!  I have several of these already and am super pleased to have another backup!  Plus, Anastasia Lash Genious clear top coat.  Can you belive that I JUST finished one up yesterday and wanted to get another?  I'm telling you, ninja spy!

IMG_11791.JPG

At this point, I began to get seriously suspicious that Bonita22 might actually be camping outside my vanity area.  Just this morning, this VERY morning, I was thinking that I needed to get more twist ties, and here they are!  Plus a Kiehl's exfoliator that I cannot wait to try on exfoliation Sunday!

IMG_11801.JPG

What's a summer swap without a little e.l.f.?  Bonita22 sent me a great contouring brush and a stunning lip color.

IMG_11811.JPG

Everything that I have unwrapped so far has been so amazingly, absolutely perfect for me, and I would have been happy with any one of them.  And then this happened:

IMG_11821.JPG

I have been in love with this set since I first saw it in the Sephora thread, and I can't believe I have one of my very own.  I'm pretty sure that this is all just a wonderful dream!

Here's the whole shebang!

IMG_11831.JPG

I am beyond thrilled with my gift, and this whole experience has exceeded my wildest dreams.  I was a lurker for months on MUT and finally joined last December after watching all of the happiness on the Secret Santa thread.  I knew that this was such a wonderful community and wanted to become an active part of it.  I'm so glad that I have and have had the chance to get to know all of you wonderful ladies.  @@bonita22, I cannot thank you enough for all of the thought and care you put into each gift, and it will bring me such happiness every time I use something that you picked out for me!

Here's the whole shebang!

I am beyond thrilled with my gift, and this whole experience has exceeded my wildest dreams.  I was a lurker for months on MUT and finally joined last December after watching all of the happiness on the Secret Santa thread.  I knew that this was such a wonderful community and wanted to become an active part of it.  I'm so glad that I have and have had the chance to get to know all of you wonderful ladies.  @@bonita22, I cannot thank you enough for all of the thought and care you put into each gift, and it will bring me such happiness every time I use something that you picked out for me!
Lots of pretties! Your person did great! So happy for you ladies who have gotten your pretties! So far, everyone has done great.

Trekkersangel spoiled me rotten!!! I had no idea she was my person! I even contacted her for roadie help, and in our multiple conversations there, I remained clueless. 

Okay...let's give this a try.

Here's the first view of my box. And it's sort of hard to tell, but all 17 (yes, 17!!!) of my gifts have heart or houndstooth ribbon on them, which are my two favorite things!

IMG_6765.JPG

I just had to show off the beautiful embossing on the envelope.

IMG_6766.JPG

Audrey received a Hello Kitty AND My Little Pony toy. She is currently obsessed with Hello Kitty, but her older cousin is all about My Little Ponies, which is now rapidly equaling Audrey loving My Little Ponies.

IMG_6772.JPG

My husband also received a gift. But I'm behaving and not opening it. It appears to be candy-bar shaped though.

Each gift was numbered and went with a note.

IMG_6773.JPG

I decided to postpone Audrey's nap, so I could open all my goodies. I start organizing the presents in the appropriate order, when I look over and see this:

IMG_6776.JPG

Audrey opened every single note. At this point, I decided it was her nap time. 

Presents to follow!!!
Another amazing reveal!

And another great reveal!

For you ladies that received candy today, how is it holding up in this summer shipping?  I am thinking of sending some, but not sure if it will be a gooey mess.
Where I live it is unbelievably hot and humid, but my candy came through just fine.  By the time I opened my box, everything was firm.  My buddy put the candy in a plastic bag to keep everything safe, but even the bag is fine.

Wonderful reveals today! So much awesomeness!!!

So much awesome so far, ladies! These reveals have got me in a tizzy... I'm wrapping up my gifts right now, and half of me is enjoying the process of making them all pretty and funny and perfect, while the other half is obsessing over whether they're just right or whether it's good enough or whether I should leave this out or put that in or ACK! I just need to tape this box shut and be done with it!

And another great reveal!

For you ladies that received candy today, how is it holding up in this summer shipping?  I am thinking of sending some, but not sure if it will be a gooey mess.
All 3 of my chocolate bars (factoring in Dh's), were in perfect condition. If you're thinking about mailing chocolate, this is the perfect KC weather for the risk.

San Diego is hot as can be. We are at 66• at 1:00 am but the humidity is 93%! We will be at 88 degrees for the rest of the week! Just rain or go away humidity!!!!!!! All the coconut oil being liquid form at trader joes is not normal around here! I can't have chocolate in my purse because it loses form by the time it's destination is reached most days. To be more specific Godiva was fine in my purse over the weekend but Sees was not. Sorry swap buddy no See's for you it did not make it from the air conditioned mall(outdoor in the chocolates defense) to my air conditioned car and room!

Latest posts

Back