"Super" Awesome Looks Series!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a request for Mystique, and I obliged. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Since she is our first villain of the series, I decided to do it and do it big.

Mystique is a villain in the X-Men comics. Also known as Raven Darkholme, she founded the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. This girl has worked for the US and German governments, as well as the Freedom Fighters.

ABILITIES:

"Mystique is a mutant metamorph. She can psionically shift the atoms and molecules of her body and of whatever clothing she is wearing so as to change her and its appearance. As a result she can cause herself to look and sound like an exact duplicate of any human, humanoid, or semi-humanoid being of either sex, wearing virtually any kind of clothing. Her control is so exact that she can precisely duplicate another person's retina pattern in her own eyes, finger, palm and skin-pore patterns on her own hands and skin, and vocal cords to match voices to the point of corresponding voiceprints." -www.superherodb.com

mystique.jpg
PRODUCTS USED:
FACE: Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation in Ivory, MAC Blue Pigment
LIPS: MAC Viva Glam I, MAC Russian Red Lipglass
EYES: Darla HD Paint in Yellow, MAC Paint Pot in Pharaoh, Kleancolor Tattoo Liquid Liner in Black

I used foundation and pigment mixed together all over my face, then used more pigment as blush. Since Mystique has completely yellow eyes, no pupils or anything else, I made my eyelid completely solid bright yellow. The liner is meant to represent her shape changing abilities, so it's wispy and free! I used a little bit of black shadow to rough up the liner on the lid a little bit to give the eye more edge.

@Diva  I'm working on Rogue right now!  Have had 4 failed looks.  Those 4 colors look weird together lol.  It's hard t make it looks good.

I was just in a mood to go crazy haha. I think Im going to do another character look today, one not so crazy haha.

Ok, after 7 attempts at this look, I finally got the "Job well done" head nod from my bf.  FYI the red is actually darker than it looks, flash just blew it out.  Also lashes look a little wonky because I threw them on in like 5 secs lol....I was tired after that many failed attempts!!      

Rogue
 ​
Hailing from Caldecott, Mississippi (a fictional county), Rogue is the X-Men's self-described southern belle. A runaway, she was adopted by Mystique of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and grew up as a villain. After Rogue permanently absorbed Ms. Marvel's psyche and Kree powers, she reformed and turned to the X-Men, fearing for her sanity.  Source  As you most of you know, her superpower is the ability to absorb other mutants powers.  In the cartoon she was really strong and could also fly.  Her adoptive mother was Mystique.​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Eyes:
Base - homemade primer
Middle Lid - TKB True Yellow
Outer Lid/Lower Lashline - TKB True Green Crease - Red matte shadow mixed with TKB Soft Mauve Water Line - Physician's Formula green gel liner
Brow - TKB Titanium Dioxide
Lashes - Maybelline Lash Stiletto Blackest Black fake no name half lashes

Face:
Amazing Concealer Golden Tan
Elf Complexion Perfection
Physician's Formula Happy Booster Natural
Elf bronzer Matte Bronze
Lips - MAC nude color

Eyebrows -  Sally Hansen Professional Brow Kit

Pretty! I'm wearing that when I get my palette.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, after 7 attempts at this look, I finally got the "Job well done" head nod from my bf.  FYI the red is actually darker than it looks, flash just blew it out.  Also lashes look a little wonky because I threw them on in like 5 secs lol....I was tired after that many failed attempts!!      
Rogue
 ​
Hailing from Caldecott, Mississippi (a fictional county), Rogue is the X-Men's self-described southern belle. A runaway, she was adopted by Mystique of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and grew up as a villain. After Rogue permanently absorbed Ms. Marvel's psyche and Kree powers, she reformed and turned to the X-Men, fearing for her sanity.  Source  As you most of you know, her superpower is the ability to absorb other mutants powers.  In the cartoon she was really strong and could also fly.  Her adoptive mother was Mystique.​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Eyes:
Base - homemade primer
Middle Lid - TKB True Yellow
Outer Lid/Lower Lashline - TKB True Green Crease - Red matte shadow mixed with TKB Soft Mauve Water Line - Physician's Formula green gel liner
Brow - TKB Titanium Dioxide
Lashes - Maybelline Lash Stiletto Blackest Black fake no name half lashes

Face:
Amazing Concealer Golden Tan
Elf Complexion Perfection
Physician's Formula Happy Booster Natural
Elf bronzer Matte Bronze
Lips - MAC nude color

Eyebrows -  Sally Hansen Professional Brow Kit

Back