Super rave for egminerals cover me foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dream Sonia and GinaLinda, Cover Me lasts perfectly all day on me too with no touchups. I do have very oily skin so sometimes on wet days I will wear their Oily skin primer which definitely does the job beautifully. Most days however I am without primer or finishing powder. I simply apply the foundation in a light layer and blend it quite well. I don't buff this in as I did with Bare Minerals but rather literally blend it on. It blends on rather rapidly and is quite soft and natural in finish. I also go again with another layer for evenings out or special events and I do say that this 2 layer look matches my heaviest MAC foundation tit for tat without the "MACNE" effect that MAC is known for giving one's skin in the industry.

I use the monistat primer and once it has settled in, then i apply CoverMe with a foundation brush. When I add a touch of Youthful Glow on top, I actually spray my flat top brush with the Thayer's Rose Toner (from another recommendation on another thread) and buff. Sometimes I use the High Definition Finishing Powder (also EGM) on top and if I feel I need to I spray with Mac Fix+ for more staying power then I do that too. (It seems like I use a lot to make my MMU last).....

I was just looking at the Glow/Illuminizers thread and realized maybe that's what I need for the glow I am not getting with Cover Me (compared to Monave which is what I am used to)....Hope this helps....

for anybody who has tried this, do you experience oxidation? (the foundation turns a bit darker during the day?)

It doesn't turn darker on me during the day but no foundations have. Others (Meow) turn whiter on me during the day but I can't say that any turn darker.

I like your steps DreamSonia.

I never had a foundation go darker but some get weird looking over the day = coming apart or lighter. I love both foundations from EGM that I have. YGlow is what I'm wearing now but I also love CMe. Excellent!

I love this too. Such good cover, smooth and natural. Coverme is best mineral foundation yet to try. Also love Youthglows. Lighter coverage but nice slight glow and can make more coverage with 2 swipes. Both blend so easy and don't look at all powder or fade off with day. Love these foundtions. Also good is Rice natural light by EGM. Liquid is good too for acne skin but light covers like liquids. I put Rice natural over liquid and it looks so beautiful.

I ordered a lot of eye shadows, blushes glow and foundation during the sale and love them! Cover Me is HG for me.

Originally Posted by sarahk /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi Dream Sonia and GinaLinda, Cover Me lasts perfectly all day on me too with no touchups. I do have very oily skin so sometimes on wet days I will wear their Oily skin primer which definitely does the job beautifully. Most days however I am without primer or finishing powder. I simply apply the foundation in a light layer and blend it quite well. I don't buff this in as I did with Bare Minerals but rather literally blend it on. It blends on rather rapidly and is quite soft and natural in finish. I also go again with another layer for evenings out or special events and I do say that this 2 layer look matches my heaviest MAC foundation tit for tat without the "MACNE" effect that MAC is known for giving one's skin in the industry. Hi Sarah

Can you do a tutorial of how you apply egminerals ,you said that you blend instead of buff. How much do you use ? Also I read in another post that you use a foundation brush. I never see anyone using a foundation brush. Can you please do a tutorial?

Hello GINALINDA35, I do use a foundation brush and my method of application is

1. In one application the amount that I use is generally under 1 ml (I know this is more than most use)

2. I then press the foundation brush in the powder coating each side.

3. I then gently press and stroke the brush on the outer sections of face working inward.

4. This process is repeated generally 4 times.

5. I complete with overall blending using the same brush or a light brushing with my adored Kabuki from EDM or Lumiere - Flat edged kabuki. I will gather a final light dusting of mineral foundation with one of these brushes and dust and blend lightly the entire face.

I absolutely love your blog Peri and funny thing you just updated it because a friend of mine commented on your fab collection that hadn't been updated but was still amazing.

I really love EGM Cover Me but have fallen equally in love now with Youthful Glow. I can get similar coverage with a lighter and dewy look with 2 layers - ok 3 of Youthful Glow. I'm heavy handed with the kabuki but fortunately neither foundation is chalky.

^ Thanks ice_cookies! Thank you! The good thing about MMU collections is that they generally don't expire unless exposed to water or humidity, so I will really treasure my stash for years to come.
smile.gif
Don't mind my signature, that was a year ago, so yes, I have not updated it.
biggrin.gif

i just ordered the foundation samples and am so psyched to try it. i just had to because you ladies are giving it such great reviews. btw, i sometimes use the youthful glow formulation and it's awesome.

I really like the Cover Me foundation. My skin is oily too and this foundation provides great coverage and doesn't melt off my skin. I also love their finishing powders. My favorite is "Second Look" it provides a bit of sheen so the makeup doesn't look so matte or pastey.

I was so impressed with Cover Me color selections -- they are just gorgeous. I also love how silky it feels going on. My problem is that after a few hours, it starts to look splotchy and weird. I must not be applying it properly. I have been applying it (sometimes with primer, sometimes without -- to see if it made a big difference) with a kabuki brush (Bare Minerals), just buffing it on. It's so wonderful when I start out!! I would love to know if I could maintain my "look" all day because it's a great product.

Back