Superbox Discussion - Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@had706 It's a shame, Shara Shara has some truly great products in regards to skincare, but I never see that stuff in these boxes. I wish they'd put some of their skincare lines in the boxes instead of their makeup. And I know it can be acquired cheap, their cute little snail cream tubes are always on sale for under $3.

@@flushblush I, personally, don't care for dolls or cartoon/cutesy gals on my skincare products (or makeup). I never even cared for dolls as a child, really. But I surely don't expect everyone to feel the same way. However, what bothers me about this box is that is the cute factor for basically all of the products, there's no variety at all. And the actual quality of the products is rather questionable.
That is too bad as I have a bad taste in my mouth for shara shara with what I've gotten in Memebox. I'll have to check into it elsewhere.

And I do agree that's what cute to me (creepy dolls ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) is not everyone's cup of tea so they need to mix it up in the cute boxes! If they want to make a creepy doll Memebox I would totally buy that though!

I just don't think it is cute - I think it is creepy - lol

Cute is what the first cute wishlist box was (for me at least). There is a reason why there are horror movies that feature cute dolls and don't get me started on Cabbage Patch dolls...hahaha

I am glad that some members do like it, but it is not for me....I would rather have animal or food kawaii...
OMG I love cabbage patch dolls. I think I still have Coletta Lula somewhere ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i can see if you don't like dolls that you would hate this box. I do like animal and food kawaii too!

I actually kinda like the creepy cuteness of mcwl3. I may be the only one lol! But I'm not too happy with what it look like is quality of products this time. I'm tired of the shara shara products lately. I'll reserve my full judgment until I see it in person.
LOL Creepy Cuteness..I am kinda scare to try the products from that box.

That is too bad as I have a bad taste in my mouth for shara shara with what I've gotten in Memebox. I'll have to check into it elsewhere.

And I do agree that's what cute to me (creepy dolls ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) is not everyone's cup of tea so they need to mix it up in the cute boxes! If they want to make a creepy doll Memebox I would totally buy that though!
I know! I would feel the same way about the brand if going by just what I've seen in Memeboxes. It makes NO sense to me. If Memebox buys those items at discounted prices, then they could easily get the cute snail creams or similar products for the same price or less as a lot of the "higher end" Shara Shara makeup products. And if Shara Shara is sending them that stuff, why on earth aren't they sending some good stuff? Once again, it wouldn't cost them anymore to do so. 

If you shop on RoseRoseShop, they have lots of little $2-$3 small tubes of different creams from their line, they're the perfect purse size.

I'm really hoping that Memebox starts to include some of their skincare lines though, they do seem to include the brand a lot lately. 

@@cfisher To me it seems like a very cohesive box, but you are right - a little variety would probably have made it more palatable to more people. Also, I saw you mention on the other thread about how the Shara Shara products were on deep clearance at RoseRoseShop recently. I saw that, and if it's the particular sale I'm thinking of, it was because they were very close to their expiration dates. I hope that is not the case with these.

@@biancardi Woman, you would run in terror at the sight of my home office, lol - vintage cutesy girls errywhere!

@@had706 I'm 32 - no shame! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, at least now we know that Memebox is capable of choosing a theme and sticking to it. 

@@flushblush The two products I was referring to were the lip scrub, which was selling for under $2, and the Tony Moly patches were selling for around $1 (and under $8 for a set of 10). That was several months ago though, long before I even joined Memebox. I know what you mean about expiration dates, because RoseRoseShop always marks those as such, but these were just in the regular shops, so I think they were discontinued. I haven't seen the cheek patches anywhere else lately either. I could be wrong though and they could have just been trying to get rid of products that didnt' sell much. I just found it amusing because they were the two recognizable brands in the box, and they were such cheap products. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@@flushblush I think the cream is "cute" because it fits the theme of girly images

1383727925665m0.jpg
I can't see the image. I was referring to the Youngwoosa Oh! It´s Lovely and Soft Cream, not the Shara Shara Sun Cream - I did not make that clear.

@@biancardi - I found your link in the main thread and I can see it now, thank you! I'm disappointed Memebox's price markup, but I think the label on this product is hilarious - it reminds me of the little girl in Katamari Damacy.

I would soooooo buy a Creepy Doll Memebox, but guys I think this is it, ha!

@@cfisher maybe once shara shara sees they are sending out crap to a large audience they will give them better stuff! I just did a big haul from rose rose shop so I'll definitely add some little shara shara creams to my list for my next order from them!

Sorry for this, but that MCWL#3 is a big disappointment for me. They can do just so much more with these boxes and Hope girl repeat + shara shara  again (new cheekroom kinda) -.-

@@cfisher maybe once shara shara sees they are sending out crap to a large audience they will give them better stuff! I just did a big haul from rose rose shop so I'll definitely add some little shara shara creams to my list for my next order from them!
I did forget to mention...The snail creams lately have had an expiration date of about 6-8 months (plenty of time, and I go through them like crazy, but I know most of us are drowning in products!) Thanks @@flushblush, you just reminded me about that! 

I'm REALLY hoping they do. Shara Shara isn't exactly widely known outside of Korea and it's hard to find much of their stuff online, so if they're trying to get into the US market, they really should step it up. 

If they don't switch over to their other products, I fear they're going to end up with Hope Girl's reputation. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I can't see the image. I was referring to the Youngwoosa Oh! It´s Lovely and Soft Cream, not the Shara Shara Sun Cream - I did not make that clear.

@@biancardi - I found your link in the main thread and I can see it now, thank you! I'm disappointed Memebox's price markup, but I think the label on this product is hilarious - it reminds me of the little girl in Katamari Damacy.

I would soooooo buy a Creepy Doll Memebox, but guys I think this is it, ha!
it is funny, when I saw the label on that cream - I thought of Little Orphan Annie...a comic strip that I loathed because of the creepy eyes!! hahaha

I totally agree as I think all the cutesy Korean stuff is childlike - even cute Wishlist 1 was (mini cupcakes!) but that's why I bought it as I like that's stuff! And I fully admit as a 36 year old woman to being immature ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I am grown up when it comes to my son and money but other than that I haven't really grown up

@@had706 You're not the only one! I actually really like dolls and illustrations of cute & pretty girls, so this box is right up my alley as far as packaging goes. I'm disappointed about the Hope Girl repeat, though. I think it's a really nice gloss, actually, but there's no way I can use two. I'd also like a better look at the cream - is it cute because there's a dog (cat?) on it?

For those who are saying it's too young - it's a Cute Wishlist. Were you not expecting childlike packaging? (Sorry if that sounds overly blunt, but I'm genuinely a little baffled.)
I actually like it too, I'm glad I got it.  The quality I think could be higher but the packaging satisfies me and I will probably manage to get use out of most of it.

As to your second point, I am baffled too. I'm not meaning to be rude either and I don't mind the people who are saying it's creepy etc, but to say it's too childlike sort of blows my mind- what did people expect? Do you honestly think kawaii is adult?

I actually like it too, I'm glad I got it.  The quality I think could be higher but the packaging satisfies me and I will probably manage to get use out of most of it.

As to your second point, I am baffled too. I'm not meaning to be rude either and I don't mind the people who are saying it's creepy etc, but to say it's too childlike sort of blows my mind- what did people expect? Do you honestly think kawaii is adult?
I just think it is creepy.  I know what kawaii is.

now, these are princesses and are "doll like" and if they were included I would have squeeeeeddddd with delight!  these are the tonymoly fruit princesses lip balms.

%24_57.JPG

now, these are princesses and are "doll like" and if they were included I would have squeeeeeddddd with delight!  these are the tonymoly fruit princesses lip balms.

%24_57.JPG
can i get the scowling one on the end

Yeah I don't mean to imply people don't know what kawaii is- I assume people DO which is why I'm surprised by the complaints that this is too childlike.  TO me this is no more childlike than kawaii is- just different. As I said, complaints that it's creepy are a different thing, if people feel that way I understand.

I do like the items you posted and would have been happy to get those too.

@@tulosai I think the one product that really bothers me and just seems too childlike is the barbie upper body product. I think it could be because all I can think of when I see it is the cheap shampoo bottles that came with upper barbie bodies.

I think there's lots of cute doll like items in Korean cosmetics/skincare. For example some of the Etude House products, and what @@biancardi just posted. And the Shara Shara lip thing isn't bad. I just think even if they had to do this whole doll thing, it could have been a lot....Well, cuter. And less cheap looking.

@@tulosai I think the one product that really bothers me and just seems too childlike is the barbie upper body product. I think it could be because all I can think of when I see it is the cheap shampoo bottles that came with upper barbie bodies.
This makes perfect sense to me, and I now totally understand the "too childlike" POV. Thanks for the analogy.

Back