Tarte Holiday 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tarte's "Carried Away" holiday set last year was my first dive into makeup obsession... I have to say, I'm more impressed with this year's "Tarte of Giving" set.  I love that the case is an actual travel beauty case with a hanger and the eyeshadows shades are perfect for professional settings!  

The only thing I still use from last year's set is the blush brush and the finishing powder.  Last year's lip glosses made my lips peel and the blush is definitely not good for my skin tone.  The eyeshadows was too colorful.  

I may have to get this set because I like the eyeshadow shades, the eye creams, the blush, and cheek tint.  Does anyone know if the formula for the maracuja lip glosses have changed so they're more hydrating and doesn't make your skin peel?!

I'm interested in the blush set and possibly the 3 piece set. I'm a sucker for the holiday sets.

Just an FYI, there is a three blush set with a brush in a kit at tartecosmetics.com that is more like the blush set from last year. Perhaps Sephora and Ulta will carry this set as well. I will definitely be purchasing this one as this was more what I had in mind when it comes to a blush offering for the holidays. Happy shopping everyone!

Quote: Originally Posted by ultajunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just an FYI, there is a three blush set with a brush in a kit at tartecosmetics.com that is more like the blush set from last year. Perhaps Sephora and Ulta will carry this set as well. I will definitely be purchasing this one as this was more what I had in mind when it comes to a blush offering for the holidays. Happy shopping everyone!
Good eye!  Here is what Tarte's website is offering:

NOOOOO! Just when I thought I've escaped the Tarte and Urban Decay holiday sets this year LOL. Well I guess I'll have some new pretties to play with very soon...
wub.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by coralpeonies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  NOOOOO! Just when I thought I've escaped the Tarte and Urban Decay holiday sets this year LOL. Well I guess I'll have some new pretties to play with very soon...
wub.gif

Seriously... and Too Faced hasn't even shown theirs yet!

Quote: Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seriously... and Too Faced hasn't even shown theirs yet!
I'm also looking out for Bite's lipstick set. I have an obvious problem XD.

But really I'm loving that lipsurgence set. 4 tints and 4 mattes, all new colors! Cute minis are great for me since I've never finished a full sized lip product with the exception of lip balms.

Quote: Originally Posted by coralpeonies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm also looking out for Bite's lipstick set. I have an obvious problem XD.

But really I'm loving that lipsurgence set. 4 tints and 4 mattes, all new colors! Cute minis are great for me since I've never finished a full sized lip product with the exception of lip balms.

I may spring for the bite set, too!  I'm liking their products.

Quote: Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by ultajunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why can't I find these?  Gah.  WANT!

I want the blushes, but they're even smaller than last years set? Last year, each blush was 0.10 oz & this year, it's 0.05 oz. If they were bigger, I probably would get it, but I don't know.. it's pretty steep since it's around the same price as lasts years & there was four + double the size compared to this year! The lipsurgences though, I want because I have been wanting them to have a set for mattes & since half of them are matte, I don't mind at all! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If the LipSurgence set hits Sephora, I'll get it. If not, I won't. I'm working my purchases to make sure the largest number possible hit Sephora so I can hit Rouge. Based on the Urban Decay holiday sets, I'll probably manage it since I know those won't be the only things I get between now and the end if the year. I still want an all-chunky Smouldereyes set!

Quote: Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I want the blushes, but they're even smaller than last years set? Last year, each blush was 0.10 oz & this year, it's 0.05 oz. If they were bigger, I probably would get it, but I don't know.. it's pretty steep since it's around the same price as lasts years & there was four + double the size compared to this year! The lipsurgences though, I want because I have been wanting them to have a set for mattes & since half of them are matte, I don't mind at all! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Size of compacts would never deter me... Unless they start putting out foil samples of blush or something ridiculously stupid.  It would have been cool of them to lower the price though.

I have never hit pan on a blush before.  And I'm getting pretty close after 3 years of working on my Lancome palette.  But seriously, if they reduced the size of the blush compact, they're only doing me a favor since I have so many blushes, so it's likely I'll throw it out before I ever finish it.  

I'm loving the blush and the brush sets. I already have 2 of Tarte's bamboo brushes and love them both. I'll definitely be looking in to these treats!

i am so excited about the lipsurgance set this year! Last year's set had several lip lusters, which I'm not as crazy about.  I was crossing my fingers for more matte this year.  Also, for some reason I feel less guilty because they are (a little more than) half sizes!

I actually already broke down and purchased the blush palette!  Last year I actually held off because they were individual blushes, I was more likely to lose them! (ONE of my friends even wears makeup, and we have a tradition of giving nail related gifts to each other.)  It'll be here on Friday and then I can post pics!

Back