Teen Makeup -What age did you start?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the first time I ever wore it was when I was like 3 because I was in ballet and tap and my mom put it on me.

The first time I put makeup on was a little bit in middle school and for real I think my sophomore year in high school.

I think I was about that age myself (13/14). Ny first makeup was eyeshadow and if I'm not mistaken, I think I 'splurged' and bought a Maybelline quad. Then came the Wet & Wild lipstics for 99cents. Oh wait! I almost forgot the Bonnie Bell Lipglosses.

i remember wearing a powder and blue eyeshadow in middle school...i wore that eyeshadow everyday, what was i thinking!

Few years ago I was wearing only concealer; so I guess it started when I was 15. Sometimes I used transparent nail polish.

But when I was 16 or 17... black and red eyeshadows, red mascara; black, brown, dark blue or pink nails - that must have been scary :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I started quite late - when I was 16 years old. :rotfl: My brows and lashes are fair, so had to use mascara:)

I kinda started around age 9. I remember I had this pink/blue heartshaped Maybelline eyeshadow duo and hot pink lipgloss that smelled great. I actually met my best friend for that reason. Before we actually "met" she yelled at me for making fun of some girls blue hamburger. We made our peace and became friends over sharing makeup in our 4th grade bathroom. Best friends ever since!

My mom had an extensive makeup collection, so I stole hers all the time. I didn't know how to wear it correctly or anything...

Oh, Kookie, you make me laugh. I had a couple of eye shadow pigments from a company I'm not wild about last year (Sheer Miracle, I think), one of them a fairly bright pink, and one of them a light-beigey shimmery bronze. My inner mad chemist took over, mixed some of the two in some lip balm - et voilà - Mary Quant white lipstick.

Actually wore it a couple of times - boy, was that a blast from the past. If anyone wants to do it (why? Halloween? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) then use a fairly strong light pink, a champagne shimmer pigment, and lipbalm or gloss.

Possibly a bad omen for my cosmetics making career - don't worry, I only do them for me, NOT for anybody else.

Or maybe I should try to re-introduce mid-60s Carnaby Street fash. OUCH.

Thanks for the laugh!

I think I started in grade seven, when I would wear eyeliner and use concealer to cover the odd pimple.

I first started doing makeup on a regular basis in seventh grade. It took me a year or so to get really good at it though. I started with one eyeshadow color, a little eyeliner, and lip gloss to foundation, 3 eyeshadow colors, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and lip gloss.

i started when i was 18ish - a year or so ago!

just started off with concealer because of my blemishes x.x thenn the whole makeup thing is catching on now!

Back