Teen Makeup -What age did you start?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use to wear eyeshadow when i was about 14 but then stopped shortly after and then started up again maybe a year ago.

i was in 6th grade, and the first one out of my friends to wear "real make-up" without getting in trouble by my parents.

I think I was 11 or 12. But seriously did it when I was around 14.

Was that s'posed to be 13 or 16, I kno the number "1" is kinda far for it to be a mistake. If it wasn't then GOOD FOR YOU!!!

I grew up with strict rules and I couldn't wear makeup until I moved out..which was when I was 19. I was pretty much whipped when my dad found out I had tinited lipgloss (think lipslicks from covergirl) and never tried to wear anything after that.

I would my friends tinted lipbalm and a bit of powder and some eyeshadow when at school but that got old real fast when i had to rush to the bathroom to clean my face before heading home.

I was quite young, about 11. All I wore was clear or light pink lipgloss and some mascara. Didn't bother with foundation etc until I was 12 I think. I can remember the first time I tried to use mascara, I got my right eye perfect and my left eye was terrible and it smeared all over the bottom of my brow bone...lol. On old photos it just looks like I had no makeup on. Oh and I had to get my Mam to show me how to do eyeliner 'cos I just didn't have a clue. Ah those were the days lol :vogel:

I was about 12 years old and I got into it after being dragged to a lot of Mary Kay parties or whatever they are. I always was used to show how it all works, then I was hooked. My mom was not thrilled that I used make up so I'd buy whatever I could. I used a lot of Wet n Wild and Covergirl. I got acne and probably made it worse with all the stuff I use to wear for foundation - that's when I started doing a lot with my eyes to detract from my red and broken out face. After college is when I started really getting into it all. I'm a huge Bare Escentuals addict but MAC has sucked me in! I love it all.

12-13 I started wearing foundation to cover hyperpigmentation from acne. lol actually about 7-8 because I used to steal my moms lipstick and put them on in school

Wet and wild was my favorite line...the packaging and bright colors available! and covergirl, I used a bright pastel shimmer blue with mascara...reddish lipgloss as well....It was almost clowny! started midway throuh 6th grade.

14. Full application. And I was doing it better than all those school seniors. That's when my fascination with make-up started - I started to study all those books from famous stylists, look for tips how to change my face features...

I used those prestigious brands like Max Factor, L'Oreal... because I was stealing cosmetics from my mom hihi

My dad used to tell me I couldn't wear makeup until I could cook, but when I turned 16 and I was no master chef (my father's side is Puerto Rican, so good food is very important, but rites of passage are as well), he told me I could anyways. I remember since my mom didn't wear it because she is mostly allergic to it, except for MMU (which I buy her from time to time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />), they had a friend take me to a Px counter and give me a tut/makeover and I bought me first eyeshadow, foundation, face powder, lipstick, lipliner, etc. from there. I just started out full face. Bt after that I never really shopped dept. store because I was so shocked by the price of it all and thought my parents would never let me buy stuff like that all the time (since I was the only makeup wearer in the house)! So I would only buy ds stuff. Bascally, my dad would drive me to CVS or Stop and Shop and he'd wait in front or in the car and I'd go on a shopping spree every month for whatever I wanted, and go get him when I was done, and he'd pay for it all. Even if it *was* all ds, I miss that, lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But in hs, my colors and combinations were so *creative* my nickname used to be Airbrush, haha.

Oh, I forgot to add, it also must have been obvious how obsessed I was with makeup, as my parents thereafter would come home and surprise me with all sorts of makeup kits as gifts. You know, those 130 color ones that come in train cases? SO much fun! And I would literally scream wth delight! Even my mom, who used to hate makeup would buy me those, and I used to buy all the Makeup Books from Barnes and Noble, like by Kevyn Aucoin and such, too, so I guess I never grew out of it, just got a chance to look at my pictures and started to apply my makeup a little better, that's all, lol. But for a while, I did look scary (ever had your dad ask what was wrong with your face before???)

In grade 7 there ws this girl my age who wore foundation and lots of it every day with lots of black eyeliner.. I remember being really jealous of her ,, of course the foundation mad her look flawless.

I ran into her like a year ago and I couldn't believe my eyes.. shes wrinkled and haggard looking like omg is this what foundation does to your skin? and shes exactly my age too

I never wore foundation in my lifetime :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

About 12 or 13 I guess. Shiny conker lippy (ergh!!) and rimmel powder and maybe a bit of mascara!

I think I was 12 or 13. I'd borrow my mom's Clinique makeup. Purple eyeshadow was the first purchase I made for myself, don't remember the brand.

i started playing around at 13, but never used it publicly until 15 -- and even then no one noticed. now its pretty obvious i wear make up. im 18

Was it cause she tanned too? I see a lot of ladies that age faster just from a few years of tanning.

no actaully she is pale complexionI went to tanning but i decided to quit after 3 ,5 minute sessions.. I am not gonna wreck my skin lol

Back