Teen Makeup -What age did you start?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13 --

Bonne Bell lip lix (the ones that were tinted) in coffee and chocolate flavours (brownish), mascara (forget the name -- it was a drugstore brand, came in a grey tube, and was supposed to look natural), and occasionally eyeliner

I started with Maybelline 2-way foundation when I was 16. Because my school did not allow students to use make up, I didn't put other make up on my face.

I started to put other make up like lipgloss and blusk on when I was 20.

Just two years ago. Seems like I start to make up late than all of you.

I remember in 7th grade. I was seeing the 8th grade girls looking nice.

So I saw somewhere the whole brown liner and white lipstick. Anyone remember this? Haha. I was one of few who wore it - and then I would get compliments - then everyone else started wearing soon there after.

Looking back - I'm like, wtf... got me thinking because I found a whole bunch of white-cheap lipstick in my stash.

Well anyways, I started applying the whole works after I graduate HS about 3 years ago. In HS, I just wore eyeliner w/ no mascara - pityful.

i started wearing MU when i was about 13-14 but would mainly just be lipgloss and mascara

I wore one eyeshadow and lipgloss when i was 11. I didnt get into blending highlighting and how to apply liner right until i was 16. So it hasnt been very long.

i started sophomore year of my highschool.haha my mom introduced me to makeup.hahha

I started in gr6 and 7, and was already wearing a full face by 8 and 9. For the longest time i was in love with covergirl. Now i am still in grade 11 and i still most use drugstore products(revlon) but i am begining to buy more expensive stuff, i have tried things from mac,shu uemura, borjious, nars, cargo, even merle norman....

Chapstick Cherry one, was probably the first thing I ever tried on my lips, or maybe it was Vaseline? Anyhow, a girl in school got me into Avon's bubblegum flavor lip gloss. Its the Dew one.

At 13 I was allowed to wear lip gloss and mascara only! When I was 16 pretty much anything was okay as long as I didn't go out looking like a "working girl" :tongue: :policeman:

9th grade - I'd sneak a maybelline mascara, the plain one in the ivory colored tube with a gold top, the one that didn't do anything but darken my lashes. Got it in waterproof so even after I washed my face because my mom made me, I'd still have on my mascara.

I also collected a bunch of totally wrong for me colors - usually WnW, CG, Maybelline. Shades of aqua, purple, hot pink, all those plasticky 80s colors that really didn't work my red hair and peachy skin. WHat did I know? Plus I was allergic to everything. Still am, except certain mineral shadows.

For my daughter, since she had skin issues like I did, I tried really hard to help her out - she began using foundation that I helped her pick when she was about 13. Mineral stuff, so I felt ok about her skin. She still uses that brand, 6 years later. She's really good at her makeup, too - skilled with blending and color combos and liner and all that.

I started wearing around 13, covergirl concealer and max factor 2000 calorie black mascara with whatever cheap black eyeliner I could find. It was a very harsh look...I'd cake the eyeliner on around the whole eye. Not something I'd want to relive, lol.

I started on my 15th birthday. Then I was pretty much good and didn't buy a ton of makeup until I started working. hehe.

12, I think? Concealer, mascara, and lip gloss if I remember correctly. I'm sure the concealer was pretty high end- lancome, I wanna say, but everything else was drugstore. My mom went with me and bought a high end concealer because I'm dark skinned, so everything the drugstore made at that time made me look CRAZY ashy. (This was...about 12 years ago? Ish.)

When I was in junior high, probably around 12 or 13 my mom took me to Merle Norman (where my mom got her make-up waaaayyy back then). That's when I started wearing make-up. I started out with only powder and a light rose lipstick.

It wasn't until my sophomore year of high school that I started my period of loyalty to Clinique. My mom took me there for a prom make-over. From then on I was a complete Clinique junkie. Anytime I was near a Clinique counter I had to buy something. The college I went to even had a Clinique counter in the bookstore! I would student charge my make-up and when my parents asked about the charges I'd just say I needed new books and supplies. That is until my sister let it slip, probably on purpose, that the counter was in the bookstore.

I've been out of my Clinique phase now and have moved on to bigger a better things. MAC and anything on Sephora! I still love trying new brands.

WELL many of my friends wore eyeshadow and lipstick when they were like 12 because most had older sisters.

My mom gave in to me begging her to let me buy makeup and I wore lipgloss (clear of course... that BonneBell lava thing that tasted yummy) and the sheerest beige shadow. *lol

I actually started wearing liner and stuff in grade 10... so I was like 15 or so. I then moved on to mascara and blush, foundation, etc when I was in grade 12 (so 17) I think. *lol Sad, I know.

In highschool I used some makeup, but it was mostly because my younger cousins were doing it. I didn't do anything to my eyes, but i was really into lips. I would mix different browns and golds (I had this french makeup kit). I didn't really start using makeup until college, i just started experimenting with my eyes and cheeks this year, and I'm a senior.

Students are not allow to wear Make up in korea. So I started wearing mu when i went to college.. i was like 19, started wearing cheap make up. Then i developed my Love and interest about mu when i was 21.. then i moved to FL, where no one wears make up.. so I stopped.. thats the time when i got my sun damages.

Now i wear mu everyday.. and LOVE IT

Back