Teen Makeup -What age did you start?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL...this post brings back memories, I was probably about 12 or 13 and like almost everyone else I would sneak and put it on and take it off on the way home from school. I think the first brand I used was Wet and Wild.

Ever since I can remember. Like 11-12.

I remember going in my moms makeup cabinets, but she only had nasty red color lipsticks and blushes and then she had this white powder that you use on your body but I used to put it on my face when I wanted to fake sick becuase it would make me really pale.

I started sneaking and wearing it at 10 but I officially came out and wore it at 14.

i didn't start wearing makeup like out in public until i was 14...in 8th grade. at that time, i used Jane, CoverGirl, Wet n' Wild, and anything else that was cheap! I didn't start buying more expensive makeup honestly until i was at least 20, when i started buying MAC. i started out using lipliner...brown and brown lipstick...and then i started using eyeshadow, usually also just brown or like a beige. then in about 10th grade i started using eyeliner and mascara, because before i had never tried using them. i also started plucking my eyebrows in 10th grade...i never knew i had bushy eyebrows til i saw how thin my friend Jazmin's were! i used powder too that year...now i go for the "less is more" look so i usually play up one part of my face...if i'm using a bold eyeshadow and mascara i use a nude or natural gloss, and if i'm using a bright lip color i try to tone down my eye makeup...

my, how i've changed! i must have looked like a clown before. so glad those days are over.

I started out with a little eyeliner in 7th grade and eventually began using foundation in 8th. I don't even remember what brands I used, but I remember my mum being reluctant with the whole foundation thing at first. Honestly, I wish I had started at a later age.

I started at about age 12. I'd sneak my mothers bright red Avon lipstick and try it on. After that it was her mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow, nail polish. I guess I drove her crazy at times, but she eventually realized my love for makeup.

I guess I didn't really start until I was 16. I didn't really care, and I still don't, but sadly it makes a difference in how you are treated

I didn't start wearing make up until about 9th grade and it was mostly foundation to hide acne. I used to hate wearing makeup. Glad that has changed!! :icon_chee

I started wearing makeup when I was 14. Eyeshadow, mascara, lipgloss. My mom didn't want me wearing makeup, so I bought some with my allowance, took it to school one day and left it in my locker. I would apply it in the school washroom, wash it off before I came home.

mmm, i'm practically born with lipbalm (i used to put some on my barbies so they could have a soft skin :vogel: ).

the first makeup i've put on was mascara when i was about 14. i then bought a nice neutral pink from Bourjois when i was 15. i used to hate makeup, and wanted to go all "natural" and die with not a hint of makeup on my face(apart from mascara, lol). my red acne scars and my love for colors told me i could use some. :rotfl:

I think I was 13, when I bought my first piece of make-up: a lime green eyeshadow because I liked the colour. I wore it everyday. Then for a long, looong time I only wore tinted lipbalm, and sometimes blush or eyeliner. Only since a year or something I use more make up every day (powder, blush, lipstick/lipgloss, mascara) but still not much.

I'm Mexican and we're not supposed to wear much makeup before 15, but I did wear a little bit of concealer to cover my zits and some clear lip gloss in middle school.

I didn't start wearing a full face until I was a little over 15.

I was talking with my Mom about makeup like a week ago & she told me how horrible I used to look when I first started wearing makeup :laughing: :laughing:

I was in 7th grade.. so around 13. Every morning my friends & I would crowd around the mirrors in the bathroom.. I had this tri-color creamy eyeshadow thing in blue (ughhh!), white, & pink - it was like the envy of all my friends!

(And it was from that store called "Icing" - a division of Claire's or something..)

I also used a Covergirl powder compact that was prob at least 5 shades darker than my my natural skin tone. :laughing:

My parents have always been totally cool with me wearing makeup, I wore eyeshadow eye liner and mascara daily in 7th grade- by 8th grade I was wearing more makeup than anyone and I was taking an interest in it, I had Kevin Aucoin books and now I'm into stagemakeup trying to go proffesional soon.

I was 12. I used to wear blue eyeshadow or green, which looked great with my eyes, sometimes concealer. At that time i would only wear 1 shade on my eyes, nearly all the way up to my eyebrows. Now I don't think I leave the house without at least 4 shades on my eyes. I love color!

Back