Teen Makeup -What age did you start?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started in sixth grade, haha. That was when I was around eleven or twelve years old, I think. At that time, I only used white eyeshadow, pink lipgloss, and occasionally... red eyeshadow. *cringe* And some powder, sometimes.

But since then, I let up on it and just wore chapstick. I'm fifteen going on sixteen this year, and I'm planning on learning how to apply make up properly before this next school year begins. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I started using makeup when I was about 12, I brought the whole Cover Girl line. Then it evolved and I started to like all kinds of brands, like Maybelline, Jane, Revlon, L'Oreal, a lot more and more....

When I was young, I used to play in the makeup that I would get from my grandmother, as well as play in my mother's makeup. I would also save my Halloween makeup and paint myself up.

I didn't start wearing makeup publicly until 8th grade, and that was just lipcolor. I didn't start wearing a full face until the end of my freshman year of high school though.

I started in 6th grade when I was almost 12..

I used mascara, foundation (a bit later) and something on lips. The Mascara was Maybelline XXL Volume + Length Intense and Foundation from Mary Kay.

At my age now (13) I use Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting under my make-up. Diorshow, alot of diff foundation (Mary Kay, Lumene, Max Factor, Face(swedish brand) and Nivea (not at same time of course) , blush, eyeshadow sometimes, powder (face), loose powder ( lumene),concealer from L'Oreal and something on my lips, lipstick or lipgloss from L'Oreal

my first time (using makeup!!) was at the age of 15. my mother let me wear only black eye pencil and nothing more. we also had those cheap lipgloss, but it doesn't count!

I started around 14 or 15 but i only used concealer to cover some of my dark spot. then officially using make up when i'm 18 lol

I think I was 13 when I first started putting on makeup. My dad got me this heart-shaped makeup kit that was full of e/s, l/s, blushes and all kinds of makeup. I couldn't use them yet because I was in a Catholic school (not in the US) and we weren't allowed to wear makeup. I remember this girl in my class who got yelled at because the teacher noticed she was wearing mascara...I didn't want to get embarrassed like that in front of everyone so I just didn't wear makeup.

Then I turned 14 and I started wearing really dark red lipstick (don't ask why)...Then I moved on to e/s from my heart-shaped makeup kit...got obsessed with that so I forgot about the red l/s thing, and then the rest is history. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

15 or 16 I think. I was starting to have some obvious blemishes on my usually clear skin, and I took my mom's Clinque loose power and powder some on with a brush.

Over here, makeup's not allowed in secondary school (students are usually aged 13-16), unless if you wear it without being detected. From loose powder, I started to build up to other stuff like mascara, foundation, blusher, eyeshadow, but never in school, only outside school. By the time I left secondary school and had a temporary job(while waiting to go to other institutions to further study), I was into pretty heavy makeup, heavy blusher, eyeshadow. But since then, I've mellowed considerably. I don't even use eyeshadow anymore and no more heavy blusher :laughing:

I started using:

Lip Gloss - 11/12

Mascara - 13

Powder - 13

Concealer - 14

Foundation - 15

Eyeshadow - 15

Eyeliner - 15

I was 13-14 years old when I started wearing makeup. I started out with:Covergirl,FlameGlo,Maybelline,Bonnie Bell;etc. Just to name a few.

{ I bought it at Tg&y, Wal-mart,. Crazy as it seems I got my boyfriend to buy it for me. }

I wore all of it, foundation,eye shadow; etc. You name it. I didn't want my Mom to know I was wearing it; so I would either wait til I got on the bus,-or

wait til I arrived at school and apply it in the bathroom. And then I would take it off before I got home. Of course, I got busted when my older sister told my Mom, or the day my Mom found makeup on one of my shirts.

When I was 17 I started using Foundation, eyeliner, and I used BLACK eyeliner to fill in my brows. Yeah I know now looking back on it I'm like What was I thinking!!!.When I turned 21 my boyfriend took me to MACY'S and let me get whatever I wanted, but at the time I've never shoped there at all and never knew about highend makeup CARZY. Now I only buy highend makeup thanks to my BF. ; )

I didnt use makeup on my own until i was 16 and that is because my mother would not let me except for school pictures which then she put the makeup on.

Back