Teen Vogue + Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i think this is ridiculous since some people who didnt op in or out still got one!

Originally Posted by cjeanette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got confirmation from Birchbox that I had opted in on both my accounts but they did not have enough and gave priority to older subscribers.  Since my main account has only been open since Dec I want to buy that but I feel that there are people on this board who were newer and got boxes?  I opted in the moment I got the e-mails.

I was debating keeping my 2nd account but this made my decision to cancel it.  I won't cancel my main account since I am still happy overall with their products and service but this did rub me the wrong way.

I'm the same way.  I only like it when i put lip gloss on top of it.  I hate the mint scent..wish i could trade but i already tried it on once :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Auntboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am a little disappointed with the matte pink Tarte - I thinki would have preferred the sheer now that I have tried it. It is just a little heavier of a look than I normally go for, although adding a touch of gloss on top helps. By it does seem to be nicely moisturizing and the mint is nice and light and refreshing.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The account I got my teen vogue box on was brand new. I wonder if they gave preference to people who used the special link/waiting list. Seems weird though. They've also put the nail in the coffin on me keeping a second account with some things they've done lately.

I did use the special link/waiting list.  

I came home to mine and my .01 Julep Maven Boho Chic box. Yay!

I got box 3 with the Amused (hot pink) tarte and the set in stone (silver) essie. I'm pleasantly surprised with how sheer the pink is and I'll definitely put it into rotation. I will probably use the essie as a sheer sparkly wash over other polishes. I just stuck a little over the essie Absolutely Shore (pale green) on my toes and it looks cute and textural. My hair tie is aqua color, so that was also nice!

I feel like this TV Birchbox will keep me subscribing for a while. I love that I'm likely to use all the products, esp the PTR when summer hits.

What a good day in general, and right before spring break! Happy vibes to all.

Yeah, I got mine mostly out of the cap and kind of smooshed back together so I can use it.  Looks kind of stupid, but at least I can try the product. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, mine was damaged as well (all smashed up in the cap) and they just emailed me back - they can't replace the product because they don't have any more, but they gave me 100 points to make up for it.  I hope they can fix it for you somehow despite your cancelled account...
hopefully they do that for me too, but no reply yet. I was able to put the tarte in the fridge and it helped to 're-glue' some of the broken pieces together. So id be okay with 100 BB points.

mine is still not here and im in ny!!!!!!!!!! 
devilish.gif

I received both of my Teen Vogue boxes!

But both of the lip surges were defective :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I see from the replies on here that I will not get it replaced.

This was my second month with bb, and I opted for the tv box and got it. 2 friends of mine signed up about a week before bb sent the opt-in emails out, they both opted in, one got a tv box and one got a regular box. I have no idea what they did, but they kind of dropped the ball on his one for a lot of people :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received both of my Teen Vogue boxes!

But both of the lip surges were defective :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I see from the replies on here that I will not get it replaced.
How were yours defective? My daughter got her box and passed it to me so I could do my video on it and I couldn't get the stupid top off at ALL. Eventually I got the bottom off to get to the lip tint. I've emailed Paulina and hopefully she can replace it or give my daughter at least 240 in BB pts (which would equal $20 dollars plus 40 pts).

I'm having the same problem--I spent a good like 15 minutes trying to maneuver the cap off but it's on there for good. what do you mean you got the bottom off? does it snap out of the tube?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How were yours defective? My daughter got her box and passed it to me so I could do my video on it and I couldn't get the stupid top off at ALL. Eventually I got the bottom off to get to the lip tint. I've emailed Paulina and hopefully she can replace it or give my daughter at least 240 in BB pts (which would equal $20 dollars plus 40 pts).

Finally got my box, woo! I received box 4; light blue hairtie, Essie in as gold as it gets, and Tarte in Lucky. I'm loving all the colors, though Lucky definitely benefits from some gloss.

My Tarte was broken off at the base and smooshed at the tip too, what a bummer! It was pretty easy to pop it back into place though, we'll see how it holds up. I'm bummed I can't swap it out at ULTA now but it's still usable so I'd be ok with 100 points. At this point I'm just happy that I actually GOT the TV box I ordered ...

I got box 4 on Friday and I love everything in it! I got the Keratase, Tarte LipSergence in Amused, Essie Silver-Set in Stones, an orange hair tie and Twirl perfume.

I Love Love LOVE the Tarte! I thought the shade would be too dark for me, but it is so perfectly sheer and smells awesome! (And it passed the kiss test with the boyfriend- no transfer
wink.gif
) I am not usually one to wear any lipstick or lip gloss and I only occasionally wear balm, but this has definitely sold me! :)

I was definitely happy to get the silver polish, as I just bought a Pure Ice pink sparkly polish a few days ago.

I haven't really tried the perfume or hair oil yet, so we shall see about those...

The hair tie works nicely, it's always good to have one around, but I feel like they are really cheap/ super easy to make on my own if I can get my hands on elastic ribbon.

Still undecided if i'll end up using the modcloth promo code...

I feel so terribly for all of those who got box mix-ups (signed up for TV but didn't get one or opted-out and did get one). I feel like a lot of this could have been solved by having current customers be able to just purchase an extra box for the month. That whole thing just seems like a big screw up for birchbox....

By the way, I just clicked on the Essie polishes on Birchbox to see what other colors were available and what not, and it looks like they are not selling them on Birchbox. we can still review them, I just thought it was interesting they weren't actually selling any on BB.

Note: This product is available directly through essie.com.

I got #4 with Lucky tarte and pink essie. Teal hair tie, which is one of my favorite colors..

If you seesaw the lid it comes off pretty easy.

I got box 4 today, and I like it overall.  But I'd really prefer the essie polish in any of the other colors than the one I got, "a cut above," or "set in stone."  I guess (at my age) I prefer my glitter to be smaller and subtle.  
icon_wink.gif

Some of you mentioned swapping products from the BB box at Ulta or Sephora - how does one go about that?!    You just walk in and say you got this polish elsewhere and would like to swap it for another color?  No receipt? And they do that just like that?  
11dh.gif

Just curious, how do you always get Paulina to reply to your emails? I usually get Crystal (which isn't a problem, as she's been wonderful so far, and this is my first BB).

Originally Posted by NaturalGeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got box 4 today, and I like it overall.  But I'd really prefer the essie polish in any of the other colors than the one I got, "a cut above," or "set in stone."  I guess (at my age) I prefer my glitter to be smaller and subtle.  
icon_wink.gif

Some of you mentioned swapping products from the BB box at Ulta or Sephora - how does one go about that?!    You just walk in and say you got this polish elsewhere and would like to swap it for another color?  No receipt? And they do that just like that?  
11dh.gif
Yay for box 4! I was hoping for essie's shine of the times, but I'm ok with what I got (as gold as it gets).

The idea is to say hey, I received this as a gift but would prefer a different color (basically true), since it's unopened can I swap it out? I haven't done it but others here have.

One of them was completely broken.

The whole top was and it wouldn't come up.

The other one the tip of it was smashed, which was odd.

It works fine it goes up and down but its smashed.

I am not sure if I can sharpen these Tarte lip balms.

I emailed them but not sure if they will replace and who knows how many points they will give me.

Also, my perfume was broken into pieces. 

Still waiting for my Teen Vogue box to show up. =( 

My Myglam bag is already waiting at the PO and it was sent days later! Ah well. Such is the mail system. 

I'm super stoked for this box though. I really want the coral color Tarte and the gold color nail polish. If I get both of those I will be 100% happy. 

Latest posts

Back