Teen Vogue + Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MKCurio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was kinda bummed with the LipSurgence in Lucky.. but I ended up using it under my new MAC Force of Love lipglass and it just makes the pink pop while keeping my lips moist it's amazing. 

Yes. It looks like I threw up some Pepto. I have the matte FIERY color too (a vivid red) and it doesn't do that.

Since we're all discussing our tarte colors, I thought I'd just jump in with my own input.

I got Joy, which I was SO disappointed about at first. The tube and even product looks really orange, and I'm not a crazy one when it comes to lip make-up. (Or most make-up, really, but that's beside the point!) However, after trying it on, I'm so in love. Seriously, if you got Joy and haven't tried it because of the color, I would definitely recommend you do so. It gave my lips a really nice coraly/peachy-pink color that was natural enough to go with my style but popped just enough to feel different, too. Try it!
heart.gif

Dont ever move i swear. The post office has no idea where my box is. I know where it is. It is sitting in the post office itself. I talked with birchbox. They feel really bad, but there is nothing they can do. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just received my teen vogue box today. It shipped on the 11th and I received it on the 19th, and the waiting game was too difficult. But I am a happy camper now because I got box #3 and I absolutely love it! I got the tarte lipsurgence in Joy, haven't tried it yet, but I am really excited to try it after reading all the raving reviews here. I got Essie in Set in Stones. It's really pretty but I am not a nail polish person so I will be posting on the trading thread soon. 

Did anyone get the annick goutal petite cherie that dosnt want it? If so PM me, I really love this scent and would love to set up a trade for it.

I got it in Joy - a non-matte color, and even putting balm underneath doesn't seem to help. Maybe I should just do a scrub before? Ack, too much work. xD

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I personally don't have this problem even though my Tarte is the matte one...is yours the matte one also, Lucky? If so, have you tried a layer of lip balm underneath and/or a touch of gloss on top?

Originally Posted by winkiepup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got it in Joy - a non-matte color, and even putting balm underneath doesn't seem to help. Maybe I should just do a scrub before? Ack, too much work. xD

I have fairly dry lips and matte always looks terrible on me for that reason, but I didn't have that problem with joy at all... try exfoliating with your toothbrush or something :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 2in1!

I do a honey-sugar lip scrub a couple times a week. I keep a squeeze bottle of honey by the sink and I use the long skinny sugar tubes like they have at Olive Garden and Red Lobster. Pace a drop of honey in your palm, pour out enough sugar to cover it, mix and apply - super easy and quick!

Originally Posted by ahkae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the Tarte in Amused and would like to trade for Joy or Peaceful is anyone would like to. 

I wanted to get amused, but I got Joy instead :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I would love to trade, if you don't mind that I've tried it once to swatch the color!

Originally Posted by ahkae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the Tarte in Amused and would like to trade for Joy or Peaceful is anyone would like to. 

I wanted to get Amused but I got Joy instead :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I would love to trade, if you don't mind that I used it once to swatch the color!

I got mine in matte Lucky. Does anyone have any red/gold/orange/coral tone Tartes they would be willing to trade?

I am looking for the same thing! I am thinking about taking it to Sephora or something if no one writes back to my post. I went to Ulta today and they dont even have it for sale there. 

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine in matte Lucky. Does anyone have any red/gold/orange/coral tone Tartes they would be willing to trade?

Update.  The post office lost my March Birchbox.  No box for me for this month.  Birchbox is so great.  Since it is so late in the month, they could not replace my box but gave me 200 points.  Which for me is really nice.  I do not blame birchbox at all.  My local post office has no idea either where my box is at all.  So i missed out on one month of box.  I didnt get the TV box, just got box 10 so it is okay.  I will be going shopping on the site today.  

They're giving away 100 Teen Vogue Birchboxes. Enter to win by 4/2.

http://blog.birchbox.com/post/19958238725/3-ways-to-win-100-teen-vogue-birchboxes

In March, many of our subscribers opted in to receive a special Teen Vogue Birchbox, filled with items picked by the magazine’s beauty editor, Eva Chen. Our members were psyched to try party-ready products like Peter Thomas Roth Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel and Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment. Now we’re giving you a chance to snag one of these blockbuster boxes. For our Birchbox + Teen Vogue Giveaway, we’ve got 100 boxes up for grabs and you have three ways to enter to win: 1. Facebook
Tell us which of these celebrity looks is your special occasion go-to look for the chance to win! Enter here: http://birch.ly/H3DO18 

2. Twitter
Follow @Birchbox and @TeenVogue on Twitter and tweet us your special occasion go-to look with hashtag #TeenVogueBirchbox for a chance to win. Enter here: http://bit.ly/GAM3wr

3. Pinterest
Choose one of the Teen Vogue-approved products from this Pinterest board and pin it to a board you create. To enter to win make sure you are following @Birchbox and @TeenVogue on Pinterest and tag #Birchbox and #TeenVogue in your board’s description. Then put the URL of your board in the comments of this pin (http://birch.ly/H5XTms) to enter! 

Don’t forget: you can enter on all three channels for three chances to win! Giveaway ends April 2nd!

Sweet! I'd enter but my three daughters got Teen Vogue boxes... and I traded with them for stuff out their boxes that I wanted with stuff in my collection that they wanted. lol

Did anyone else win the Teen Vogue giveaway? I received an e-mail a few days ago telling me I won! I am so excited! I was so disappointed that I didn't get one for March.

Originally Posted by Auntboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do a honey-sugar lip scrub a couple times a week. I keep a squeeze bottle of honey by the sink and I use the long skinny sugar tubes like they have at Olive Garden and Red Lobster. Pace a drop of honey in your palm, pour out enough sugar to cover it, mix and apply - super easy and quick!
This sounds great! (and easy!) Thanks for the tip!!

Back