Teen Vogue + Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine today! I got box #3 - Tarte in Joy, Essie in Set in Stones, PTR, Petite Cherie, and a black hair tie. First Birchbox and I'm pretty pleased with the packaging...and well, everything.

For those of you who have Joy - do you like the color? I'm debating whether or not it's right for me (the orange is a little bright!), but I don't want to use it if I end up giving it to my mom or sister.

mine hasnt updated since march 7, It says its in NJ...I emailed them to ask why it hadnt come one monday and they said it was nothing, and that it will be coming soon. I saw most people got theres on the 10th (monday). now its the 14, so I emailed them today and they said they looked into it and looks like its been lost along the way. I knew it had to be something. 

Originally Posted by cjeanette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What does your tracking info say?  How do you know it's lost?

LOL it took me the loongest time to figure out what you meant. such dirty minds you have! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote:

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ummm.....let's just say that the LipSurgence doesn't....photograph well....when broken...

Mine is in NJ right now, and has a scheduled delivery date of tomorrow, but I highly doubt it will be here then. I hope it gets here before I go on vacation on the 22nd!!! 

From what it looks like i'm getting box #3....I really hope I don't get the Tarte in Amused....any colour but that one!!

I got the tarte in joy and it's really bright in the tube, but it's a nice coral color when you put it on. I think it looks nice on.

Originally Posted by winkiepup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got mine today! I got box #3 - Tarte in Joy, Essie in Set in Stones, PTR, Petite Cherie, and a black hair tie. First Birchbox and I'm pretty pleased with the packaging...and well, everything.

For those of you who have Joy - do you like the color? I'm debating whether or not it's right for me (the orange is a little bright!), but I don't want to use it if I end up giving it to my mom or sister.

No, no, no... They gave my daughter 100 pts not 240. I asked if they would credit her 240 pts which would be equivalent to the price of the Tarte but Paulina offered only 100 instead.
Ooh ok. Sorry about that. I read something wrong. My apologies.

I'm starting to get concerned. My tracking # doesn't appear to be working for the shipment from my primary account. Since last Friday, this is what has appeared when I click the link in my email.

Help
Tracking information for this piece is unavailable at this time. Tracking may take 24-48 hours after your mail piece has shipped. Please check back at a later time for additional information. 

If tracking is unavailable after 3 days, please contact your shipper.

I suppose that I need to email them, but I figured I would give it until tomorrow night to update. Friday will be the fifth business day (7th calendar day)

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm starting to get concerned. My tracking # doesn't appear to be working for the shipment from my primary account. Since last Friday, this is what has appeared when I click the link in my email.

Help
Tracking information for this piece is unavailable at this time. Tracking may take 24-48 hours after your mail piece has shipped. Please check back at a later time for additional information. 

If tracking is unavailable after 3 days, please contact your shipper.

I suppose that I need to email them, but I figured I would give it until tomorrow night to update. Friday will be the fifth business day (7th calendar day)
It's probably lost. That happened to mines for February's bag. They ship it really fast though.

I got the regular March birchbox instead of the Teen Vogue one but now I want a tarte lipstain!  Did you all get shades that you like?  Can't decide!

Originally Posted by BFaire06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the regular March birchbox instead of the Teen Vogue one but now I want a tarte lipstain!  Did you all get shades that you like?  Can't decide!

I got it in the color amused i think.. its the hot pink one. 

Definitely not something I would have picked out for myself but I kinda like it. 

Still no BB... It's been stuck in TN for 3 days! I have had the worst luck with shipments this month, so this hardly surprises me... as goes my luck! I just want my pretties! BB will get an email TOMORROW if I don't have that box tonight. Merp.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, no, no... They gave my daughter 100 pts not 240. I asked if they would credit her 240 pts which would be equivalent to the price of the Tarte but Paulina offered only 100 instead.
Ooh ok. Sorry about that. I read something wrong. My apologies.

Apology not accepted because you don't owe me one. ;D You did nothing wrong so there's absolutely no need for it. Thank you for the apology though since it was thoughtful to even say it. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I finally got my box, I wrote a blog post about it. 

I love it, was worth the wait! and my tarte came in good condition!! woooo hoooo!!!

Tarte has emailed me a shipping label to send back the liner to them for an exchange.

Not yet I think she said on the phone they were mailing out yesterday, but the email said as soon as possible or something to that effect, what does your email say? 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone received their notification for the "apology" tv box yet?

I finally got my box today! Got the Tarte in Lucky, Essie in Set In Stones, Keratese, Twirl and a Grey Twistband! 

Kinda bummed the fresh sugar isn't full size, its half size. I know I'm whiny, but I wanted the tarte and its full size and worth more than the fresh sugar to start with :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got Lucky (the matte pink) and I have decided I really don't care for it. I have tried it on twice and even with using gloss on top to mellow it a bit it is just too make-up-y for me - I prefer a more natural look. I am new to the whole trading thing - if I were to chop off the top of the crayon would it be acceptable to swap even though it has been used? It would leave about 3/4 of the product which is under the lip of the tube and completely untouched. If not, I can just give it to my niece, so that's okay. I may purchase it in Peaceful from BB though, since I like the concept just not the color.

Originally Posted by Auntboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got Lucky (the matte pink) and I have decided I really don't care for it. I have tried it on twice and even with using gloss on top to mellow it a bit it is just too make-up-y for me - I prefer a more natural look. I am new to the whole trading thing - if I were to chop off the top of the crayon would it be acceptable to swap even though it has been used? It would leave about 3/4 of the product which is under the lip of the tube and completely untouched. If not, I can just give it to my niece, so that's okay.

I may purchase it in Peaceful from BB though, since I like the concept just not the color.

I think you can sterilize lip stuff by dipping it in rubbing alcohol. At least, that's what I've seen others do. So that way you don't have to cut off anything. Just a thought! 

I still haven't tried on my Lucky yet. I wanted one of the more coral colors like Joy, but I think I'm just going to have to try this one and see if it works on me or no. 

Back