Teen Vogue + Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ummm.....let's just say that the LipSurgence doesn't....photograph well....when broken....

rofl2.gif

I agree, I did a double take like what the ??

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL! that was pretty much me, I got the same exact box as your daughter. when I pulled the bottom, the product snapped off:

on the bright side, at least I finally got the cap off!
Ummm.....let's just say that the LipSurgence doesn't....photograph well....when broken....

Did anyone else get this? 

Quote: Hi there!  
It has come to our attention that you received an incorrect box type this month. We are writing to extend our sincere apologies. While we hope you are enjoying your amazing March Birchbox, you should have received the Teen Vogue Birchbox, as you requested by signing up through www.birchbox.com/teenvogue.

To make it up to you we are sending you a Teen Vogue box free of charge. We are so sorry we did not deliver a Teen Vogue box the first time around.

You will receive an email with your new tracking information shortly!

Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] or call us at 877.487.7272 if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
Team Birchbox

I'm super excited! I already got one tv box and a regular one, but apparently I was supposed to get it on both accounts. 

I got that e-mail also!  I am very excited.  They also gave me 100 points for sending a duplicate sample.  They had given me an apology about the TV box in the e-mail with the points that I was happy with so the second e-mail with the free box was over and above!

I'm super excited! I already got one tv box and a regular one, but apparently I was supposed to get it on both accounts. 
Apparently that is onLy for those who subscribed through the Teen Vogue link, not for those who opted-in upon being invited to get the box through an email.

This is kind of bull! They wouldn't extend the offer the other way around. When I contacted them how many times to ensure that I would not get a TV box and I still did...I'll go grumble else where.

What it seems like to me is the worry of "repeat samples" actually made older subscribers LESS likely to get a tv box. I got it on a brand new account so there was no way for there to be a repeat (on that account, since it'd never gotten a box before). Not that I think that is right, but they did say it was their line of reasoning in someone's email reply. 
I think they're telling older subscribers they were concerned about a repeat sample, but telling newer subscribers priority went to older subscribers. I strongly believe the priority is with the new subscribers, as evidenced in the fact that those who signed up via Teen Vogue link are definitely getting a box now, not those who opted in. I was told I *may* get one if there are any leftovers. I'm not holding my breath.

Originally Posted by TXSlainte /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Apparently that is onLy for those who subscribed through the Teen Vogue link, not for those who opted-in upon being invited to get the box through an email.

It shouldn't be because I got a tv box on the link I signed up through, but not on my regular account that I've had for a few months, and thats the email address this came to. 

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is kind of bull! They wouldn't extend the offer the other way around. When I contacted them how many times to ensure that I would not get a TV box and I still did...I'll go grumble else where.

Send them another email, they may fix that now... 

Originally Posted by TXSlainte /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think they're telling older subscribers they were concerned about a repeat sample, but telling newer subscribers priority went to older subscribers.

I strongly believe the priority is with the new subscribers, as evidenced in the fact that those who signed up via Teen Vogue link are definitely getting a box now, not those who opted in. I was told I *may* get one if there are any leftovers. I'm not holding my breath.

I didn't sign up via the tv link for this email address though. 

Also posted this on the March BB thread:

I never did hear back on my issue with the Trate and broken perfume so I decided to call and they are sending me a new box!! Shipping today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I did make sure to tell them this was my first box and asked if they could do anything about it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love BB! She couldnt confirm that I would get the same color Tarte but said I 'should be'.

also got it in writing:

Hi,

Thank you so much for being in touch and I'm so sorry about your damaged March Birchbox! We definitely want to make sure that your shipment arrives in great condition each and every month so I am getting a replacement box out to you as soon as possible! You should receive a new email confirmation as soon as your box has been shipped!

If you have any questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to give us a call toll free at 877-487-7272.

xo,

My eldest daughter did. She had an account with Birchbox but we cancelled in December because she's allowed only 1 subscription at a time. She only went back via the TV sign up birchbox.com/teenvogue and so we were surprised she when she was sent box 10 (which has not arrived yet and was last in New Jersey on the 12th).

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Hi there!  
It has come to our attention that you received an incorrect box type this month. We are writing to extend our sincere apologies. While we hope you are enjoying your amazing March Birchbox, you should have received the Teen Vogue Birchbox, as you requested by signing up through www.birchbox.com/teenvogue.

To make it up to you we are sending you a Teen Vogue box free of charge. We are so sorry we did not deliver a Teen Vogue box the first time around.

You will receive an email with your new tracking information shortly!

Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] or call us at 877.487.7272 if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
Team Birchbox

My Birchbox is still in NJ and I live in Washington, boo! I wish it didn't take so long to get to the west coast!! I'm suppossed to get Box #1 which has the Fresh Sugar Rose lip balm. I'm pretty happy to be getting that after seeing all the issues with the Tarte!

I am SO pissed!!! they said my package got lost in the way!!! ARGGGHHHH I am not very happy AT ALL!!!!!!!!
scream3.gif
 they said they are sending me another march box, but why did i have to harrass them with emails for them to do anything???? and I HOPE i am getting the SAME box i was originally gonna get because if not im cancelling!!!!<end rant

I went to ULTA today to swap my 'A Cut Above' for another color; they were willing at first to swap but then they said that their Essie polishes had a different UPC (or something) code and therefore the polishes were not from Ulta.  She told me to try Walgreens.

And lo and behold, not only did Walgreens let me swap for "Shine Of The Times" (so much more me
luv.gif
patches.gif
) without any problems but the girl there also dug out a coupon for $2 OFF from her drawer.  So I got me some Grow Stronger for 6 bucks.  

Yay for Walgreens.  I'm a happy camper.  
icon_cheesygrin.gif

yess.gif

Originally Posted by randerso /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay for box 4! I was hoping for essie's shine of the times, but I'm ok with what I got (as gold as it gets).

The idea is to say hey, I received this as a gift but would prefer a different color (basically true), since it's unopened can I swap it out? I haven't done it but others here have.

I am SO pissed!!! they said my package got lost in the way!!! ARGGGHHHH I am not very happy AT ALL!!!!!!!!
scream3.gif
 they said they are sending me another march box, but why did i have to harrass them with emails for them to do anything???? and I HOPE i am getting the SAME box i was originally gonna get because if not im cancelling!!!!<end rant
That's annoying sure, but they're sending you a new box. They aren't the postal service, they can't control whether or not your package makes it to you once it leaves their warehouse. I don't see why you're so upset.

I hear some people get points when something goes wrong, they didnt even offer me that, and I had to email them 3 times for them to even acknowledge that something had gone wrong with my package. Either way its a service I pay for, so I have a right to be upset. I have been dying to get my package, and had gotten really excited about it. And now I might not get it.

Originally Posted by kdrzrbck /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's annoying sure, but they're sending you a new box. They aren't the postal service, they can't control whether or not your package makes it to you once it leaves their warehouse. I don't see why you're so upset.

If they send me a second TV box because of the broken tarte, I will be HAPPY. And I will keep my birchbox sub forever.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also posted this on the March BB thread:

I never did hear back on my issue with the Trate and broken perfume so I decided to call and they are sending me a new box!! Shipping today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I did make sure to tell them this was my first box and asked if they could do anything about it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love BB! She couldnt confirm that I would get the same color Tarte but said I 'should be'.

also got it in writing:

Hi,

Thank you so much for being in touch and I'm so sorry about your damaged March Birchbox! We definitely want to make sure that your shipment arrives in great condition each and every month so I am getting a replacement box out to you as soon as possible! You should receive a new email confirmation as soon as your box has been shipped!

If you have any questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to give us a call toll free at 877-487-7272.

xo,

Originally Posted by Diana Mangual /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hear some people get points when something goes wrong, they didnt even offer me that, and I had to email them 3 times for them to even acknowledge that something had gone wrong with my package. Either way its a service I pay for, so I have a right to be upset. I have been dying to get my package, and had gotten really excited about it. And now I might not get it.

What does your tracking info say?  How do you know it's lost?

Latest posts

Back