Teen Vogue + Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Auntboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got Lucky (the matte pink) and I have decided I really don't care for it. I have tried it on twice and even with using gloss on top to mellow it a bit it is just too make-up-y for me - I prefer a more natural look. I am new to the whole trading thing - if I were to chop off the top of the crayon would it be acceptable to swap even though it has been used? It would leave about 3/4 of the product which is under the lip of the tube and completely untouched. If not, I can just give it to my niece, so that's okay.

I may purchase it in Peaceful from BB though, since I like the concept just not the color.
If you dip the tip in alcohol, it should sanitize the area that you used. However, if you feel more comfortable chopping that tip off, I'm sure someone would still love to try the product. 

Just thought I would put in my box contents / colors in case some of you are trying to make correlations and predict what colors they will get :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

TV2

tarte lipsurgence in amused

shisedo blotting papers

essie in set in stones

annick goutal petite cherie

twistband (i keep wanting to call twist tie) in dark red

Did you contact them or did BB? I emailed BB and they gave me 100 points too (last time they gave me 50 points for a messed up sample, so I'm pretty happy). Debating whether or not to sub for another month so I can get enough BB points to round up to the next $10 lol

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tarte has emailed me a shipping label to send back the liner to them for an exchange.

I have the Tarte in Amused and would like to trade for Joy or Peaceful is anyone would like to. 

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you contact them or did BB? I emailed BB and they gave me 100 points too (last time they gave me 50 points for a messed up sample, so I'm pretty happy). Debating whether or not to sub for another month so I can get enough BB points to round up to the next $10 lol

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tarte has emailed me a shipping label to send back the liner to them for an exchange.

I contacted them.

Yep. I'm doing a swap with SillyLilly for the Tarte in Lucky and she used it once to try it out so I'm just gonna sterilize it when it gets here.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think you can sterilize lip stuff by dipping it in rubbing alcohol. At least, that's what I've seen others do. So that way you don't have to cut off anything. Just a thought! 

I still haven't tried on my Lucky yet. I wanted one of the more coral colors like Joy, but I think I'm just going to have to try this one and see if it works on me or no. 

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I work in a medical lab so I tend to be a bit obsessive about surface cleanliness.

My box is fantastic. I'm super happy that I decided to opt for the Teen Vogue box! So far I'm extremely pleased with these past couple months of birchbox!

Originally Posted by ahkae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the Tarte in Amused and would like to trade for Joy or Peaceful is anyone would like to. 

I just sent you a PM.  I received Joy and would totally be down for a swap!

Even though my tarte is broken I am loving it the more I use it! I wore Amused yesterday night when I went out and I got so many compliments from my friends! And I turned some heads ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was kinda bummed with the LipSurgence in Lucky.. but I ended up using it under my new MAC Force of Love lipglass and it just makes the pink pop while keeping my lips moist it's amazing. 

Does anyone else have this issue? My lips are not that chapped but when I put on the Tarte, some of the color pools around the center of my lips and it becomes dry and flaky...

Originally Posted by winkiepup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone else have this issue? My lips are not that chapped but when I put on the Tarte, some of the color pools around the center of my lips and it becomes dry and flaky...

Nope, that's definitely unusual compared to my experience. These are always nice and moisturizing for me and last for a long time. 

I haven't had that problem with the Tarte, but I had that problem with my CoverGirl Lipstain. The only time it didn't do it was if my lips were super exfoliated and not chapped at all.

I personally don't have this problem even though my Tarte is the matte one...is yours the matte one also, Lucky? If so, have you tried a layer of lip balm underneath and/or a touch of gloss on top?

I got my first BB the same day as my BA and myglam, there was no question of which to open first, I ripped open my BB and was so IMPRESSED :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I signed up for the TV box though a link and am really happy that it was my first BB, I'm excited to see what they have in store for next month (granted it probably won't be as awesome for me as the teen vogue box but I"m really just happy to be a sub since I've been on the waitlist for a long time)

I have lucky and I now exactly what you are talking about, but I put pur-lisse on top of it and it goes away. 

The Lucky is a Matte and I experienced some dry looking areas which is why I put lip gloss over it due to the color and the matte look I don't think I will ever wear it alone it looks too much like I licked and rubbed one of those candy coated chocolate eggs you get on Easter all over my lips.  

the amazing this for me was it kept my lips nice a soft after it wore off with the lipglass on top.  It also gave the lipglass a more creamy texture.

Originally Posted by MKCurio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Lucky is a Matte and I experienced some dry looking areas which is why I put lip gloss over it due to the color and the matte look I don't think I will ever wear it alone it looks too much like I licked and rubbed one of those candy coated chocolate eggs you get on Easter all over my lips.  

the amazing this for me was it kept my lips nice a soft after it wore off with the lipglass on top.  It also gave the lipglass a more creamy texture.

lmao, it definitely has a chalky look to it! 

Back