Teen Vogue + Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes a few ppl have gotten Peaceful, it's the nude right? And Zadidoll, I laughed my a** off watching you try to open that thing! I'm sorry!!

Birchbox's site has four colors listed for sale. Amused, Joy, Peaceful, and Lucky. Those are also the only ones I've seen being given out in our boxes this month. If you go to Tarte's website they have several different collections of the LipSurgence. These colors all come from the original collection except Lucky which is in the matte collection.

They gave me a 100 BB points for my broken tarte. I have to keep it in the fridge or the tip will fall off. boo. And its not just the tip that is broke, it is over half of it. wah.

but hey I'll take the 100 points, the product is still useable. But I would never suggest putting this in your purse, that twist bottom is a mess of a design. 

I got Box 2 ---- LOVE!  My Tarte was the Joy color, and looks amazing with my fair skin & dark hair.  The perfume smells really nice, my Essie was Set In Stones (which I was thrilled about), and of course the blotting papers are great to have.  I'd say this is definitely my favorite box to date.  

I got my box today and I love it!

I got the Essie in "Set in Stone" and it looks great. I was hoping for the pink or silver so I'm happy. I applied it over canyon coral by Essie and it looks amazing. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (excuse my crappy application, I'm a novice!)

I also could not get my Tarte open... but I don't think I'm going to email Birchbox about it. I've had something wrong with my box each month and I feel like they are going to start thinking I'm shady emailing them with problems each month. My first month had a broken perfume vial, my second month had a Orofluido sample that leaked, and now I can't open the darn Tarte. I'm not good opening caps and my husband is overseas until the end of the month so I can't get him to open it. Plus, after seeing Zadidoll's video, I'm scared I'm going to totally ruin it by trying to pop it open! o_o

However, the Essie polish is enough to make me happy! I also got a hair tie in baby blue, a perfume called Annick Goutal Petite Cherie, and PETER THOMAS ROTH Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel. I almost wish I got the blotting sheets by Shisheido, but the Peter Roth product looks promising too!

So today I went to trade colors on my Tarte lip product at Ulta. They did it easy as pie...until I got home and realized she had put the old one in my bag! Guess thats a sign that Im supposed to keep this color!
rolleyes.gif

Wonder why they only gave you 100 but gave Zadi 240.

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They gave me a 100 BB points for my broken tarte. I have to keep it in the fridge or the tip will fall off. boo. And its not just the tip that is broke, it is over half of it. wah.

but hey I'll take the 100 points, the product is still useable. But I would never suggest putting this in your purse, that twist bottom is a mess of a design. 

LOL! that was pretty much me, I got the same exact box as your daughter. when I pulled the bottom, the product snapped off:

on the bright side, at least I finally got the cap off!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love that shade of pastel/mint green :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the twistband was a nice addition. I like it better than a regular hair elastic bc it doesn't crease my hair, but it sure looks awkward on my wrist. I don't think 'sophisticated' or 'looks as good on our wrists as they do in our ponytail' should be their selling points :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by geniabeme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got mine today!

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A hundred is also what they gave me.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL! that was pretty much me, I got the same exact box as your daughter. when I pulled the bottom, the product snapped off:

on the bright side, at least I finally got the cap off!

Ummm.....let's just say that the LipSurgence doesn't....photograph well....when broken....

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, no, no... They gave my daughter 100 pts not 240. I asked if they would credit her 240 pts which would be equivalent to the price of the Tarte but Paulina offered only 100 instead.

I believe Zadidoll did get 100 points, right? She was expecting they would give the worth of the product in points but I don't believe that actually happened...

WOOPS! Zadidoll beat me to it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by TeeWhy4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want my box 
scream3.gif
 It has been in NY, then to NJ, then to MA, then back to NJ and I live in Arkansas! TV BB, please show up and turn this crappy week around!

Mine is having issues too! It went from NJ to MA to MD to NC. Yeah... I am in UTAH! It looks like it was passed off to a post office and the tracking hasn't been updated since Sat. Grrrr I am so frustrated! I sent an email but I am sure with all the Tarte and TV issues that their email is backed up. Ugh 

I wonder if the problem is the matte finish of the tarte container for the color Lucky? Has anybody had any issues with getting the cap off for the non-matte colors? 

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder if the problem is the matte finish of the tarte container for the color Lucky? Has anybody had any issues with getting the cap off for the non-matte colors? 

I haven't had any issues. But I do have 2 tarte matte liptints, and they are a bit more difficult with the cap.

I just got confirmation from Birchbox that I had opted in on both my accounts but they did not have enough and gave priority to older subscribers.  Since my main account has only been open since Dec I want to buy that but I feel that there are people on this board who were newer and got boxes?  I opted in the moment I got the e-mails.

I was debating keeping my 2nd account but this made my decision to cancel it.  I won't cancel my main account since I am still happy overall with their products and service but this did rub me the wrong way.
LOL! I've been a subscriber for 17 months. I opted-in for the Teen Vogue and didn't get it, so the priority to older subscribers doesn't fly with me.

Originally Posted by TXSlainte /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL! I've been a subscriber for 17 months. I opted-in for the Teen Vogue and didn't get it, so the priority to older subscribers doesn't fly with me.

What it seems like to me is the worry of "repeat samples" actually made older subscribers LESS likely to get a tv box. I got it on a brand new account so there was no way for there to be a repeat (on that account, since it'd never gotten a box before). Not that I think that is right, but they did say it was their line of reasoning in someone's email reply. 

Latest posts

Back