Teeth Whitener...BEST, CHEAP....saw on Oprah

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooooh thanks for the info! i am going to Walgreens right now to see if they have it.

okay so i just went out and bought this system. i will take before and after pics also. do you just fill the trays using the little syringe thingy and then let the filled trays sit on your teeth for 20-30 mins everyday for two to three weeks? Thanks!

Originally Posted by godfreygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I found the VERY BEST (and cheapest) teeth whitener at Walgreen's. It costs $9.99 at my Walgreen's (Illinois) and my teeth have NEVER been whiter. I discovered it while watching Oprah when she had a show about the best and cheapest beauty products, secrets and tips. It is "Dr. George's Dental White (Toothpaste Whitening Booster)". It says on the package "Original, Professional Strength Tooth Whitening Gel Used by Dentists Since 1989"
It comes with clear teeth forms you put in hot water and mold them to your upper and bottem teeth. Once you have gotten them whitened with the trays, you can do what I do (and the package says) and just put a bit of the gel on a tooth brush every day, leave it there, and it keeps your teeth white. There is a HUGE bottle of the whitening gel in the kit. I think I've had this for over a year now and the tube is still only about a third used up. I am almost 63 years young and have never had my teeth look whiter.

My dentist even said "your teeth are SO white and luminous", what to you use?

So just ditch the expensive stuff and the strips that don't get ALL of your teeth covered and give this a try. I LOVE it.......I think you will too. Also, you will have MORE money to spend on the REAL important items......like MORE makeup! !
brsh.gif

I'll have to check this out when I go to Walgreen's tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

I bought this today. I will keep everyone updated.

I would love to try it but I can't find it anywhere in Canada. If anyone else has found it here, please let me know. Thanks

I am one of those people with super sensitive teeth. I also bought the Dr. George system. I have used it twice now, and did get some sensitivity, so this is what I am doing to help combat the sensitivity while still continuing to whiten my teeth.

1) Use a toothpastse specifically formulated for sensitive teeth. I use Sensidyne as that was the one recommended to me by my dentist. Use like a normal toothpaste.

2) Prior to actually putting the trays in my mouth, I take a small amount of paste and rub it directly on the sensitive part of my teeth. I can actually feel a little "zing" so I know I have hit the right spot. This seems to help create a barrier between my teeth and the whitening gel so that it doesn't hurt hardly at all.

3) Purchased a product called "Protect" at Walgreen's that is specificaly for sensitive teeth. You paint this stuff on, let it dry and are supposed to have immediate results. This definitely helps. I used it three times and felt some relief; however my teeth are so reactive that I think nothing short of professional services will completely relieve my symptoms.

I used Dr. George again last night and was able to keep the trays in for 25 minutes. This was an enormous success for me. It still isn't very comfortable, but it is light years from being the painful zings that I was getting before I started using these things.

Hope this helps someone else.

Cathy

I'm going to get this stuff!! I always want to use the strips be/c I see what a difference it makes for people but it never gets all of my teeth. So thank you soo much for the tip!!!

thanks for bumping this thread eiraMlisa, I'm definitely looking for this next time at Walgreens!

ugh. i want this. no walgreens here, and online it is out of stock.

why is it more expensive on the website! thats so annoying.

I know, I noticed that the price at the actualy website of this product (not walgreens) are more expensive...

I just bought it at walgreens and it was on sale for $6. 49!!! I didn't try it yet I'm going to do it later. I checked everywhere for this but the only place that had it was walgreens.

I just wanted you all to know that last night I used it and my teeth were fine. I have senitive teeth but it didn't bother me at all. I didn't like the taste though.

Ooh I hope it's on sale at my local Walgreens too!

Thanks for the update eiraMLisa!

thank you for sharing! i'll definitely try it out. so far I've only used Crest whitestrips but I kind of don't like paying $30+ for it.

Back