Tempting Fall Goodies

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was referring more to specialty beauty stores: Kiehl's just had one, Urban Decay has two, Benefit, Tarte (30%), Ulta has several with exclusions. Those sales are open to everyone.

I'm super tempted to purchase a few of the Lorac Sweet Temptations Box Sets as I think they would be a good gift and seem like a huge value for $36, especially if you add a discount. They are SO cute, they look like a box of chocolates and when you open it up, it looks like individually wrapped candy bars...absolutely adorable. I saw a review with some swatches on YT (I can't remember the name of the channel), but it was enough to make me want to puchase a few. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm super tempted to purchase a few of the Lorac Sweet Temptations Box Sets as I think they would be a good gift and seem like a huge value for $36, especially if you add a discount. They are SO cute, they look like a box of chocolates and when you open it up, it looks like individually wrapped candy bars...absolutely adorable. I saw a review with some swatches on YT (I can't remember the name of the channel), but it was enough to make me want to puchase a few.
smile.gif
I need to go check these out.

Fall colors just make me want to buy them all!

Has anyone tried the Lorac holiday palettes yet? I was thinking about getting the Sephora and Ulta sets but the Sephora set had mixed reviews so I'm not sure.

haven't tried it yet, but I'm definitely getting the Lorac Pro palette--it has pretty much unanimously positive reviews, and I need more wearable mattes.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone tried the Lorac holiday palettes yet? I was thinking about getting the Sephora and Ulta sets but the Sephora set had mixed reviews so I'm not sure.
The Sweet Temptations set looks ADORABLE, but it seems like the shadows are pretty poor quality. Hate how lots of eyeshadow holiday sets are like this--reputable brands, adorable concepts, terrible execution. They're like the makeup equivalent to pre-packaged gift baskets: you give them for show, they're wrapped up beautifully, but the individual products are bleh.

I just cannot get over how adorable this is:

What a pity--could have been perfect if the shadows were up to par with Lorac's other stuff. My Tarte holiday set from last year was a huge disappointment, so I think I'll avoid this one. Would still make a fabulous gift, but the recipient might not use it.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bought more Bath & Body Works, lol...Cashmere Glow lotion and mist, and some CIder Lane candles. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Looove Cider Lane! Burning Autumn Day right now, that one will be next!

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bought more Bath & Body Works, lol...Cashmere Glow lotion and mist, and some CIder Lane candles. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love all of the fall ones so much, I had to resist buying more candles so I could afford to pay my bills, LOL. I love Cider Lane best, followed by Pumpkin Cupcake and Pumpkin Caramel Latte or wahtever that one is called. And Creamy Pumpkin. 

I wish they'd turn some of their candle/home scents into body care! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Fall is amazing, the changing colors, crisp air and the smell of a fireplace(in my dreams for now..) But I echo the others about B&BW Candles, I am obsessed and can't stop burning them! I also love the vampy nail colors, scarves, beanies and boots! And so so much more!

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

haven't tried it yet, but I'm definitely getting the Lorac Pro palette--it has pretty much unanimously positive reviews, and I need more wearable mattes.

The Sweet Temptations set looks ADORABLE, but it seems like the shadows are pretty poor quality. Hate how lots of eyeshadow holiday sets are like this--reputable brands, adorable concepts, terrible execution. They're like the makeup equivalent to pre-packaged gift baskets: you give them for show, they're wrapped up beautifully, but the individual products are bleh.

I just cannot get over how adorable this is:

What a pity--could have been perfect if the shadows were up to par with Lorac's other stuff. My Tarte holiday set from last year was a huge disappointment, so I think I'll avoid this one. Would still make a fabulous gift, but the recipient might not use it.
This is just too cute!

Bought more Bath
I love all of the fall ones so much, I had to resist buying more candles so I could afford to pay my bills, LOL. I love Cider Lane best, followed by Pumpkin Cupcake and Pumpkin Caramel Latte or wahtever that one is called. And Creamy Pumpkin.  I wish they'd turn some of their candle/home scents into body care! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I got the Pumpkin Cupcake mini candle in my Beauty Blogger VoxBox today. It smells wonderful. But the Twisted Peppermint 3-wick candle has been calling my name, so I bought that with the coupon $10 for the 3-wick that was also in my VoxBox. I am stunned by the items in there, but the funnest part of my day was I had an excuse to go out to BBW and get the Candy Cane Bliss Deep Cleaning Antibacterial Hand Soaps. I got 4 for $15. I also made the mistake of smelling the Winter Candy Apple Shower Gel and buying the Fine Fragrance Mist. The FFM smells like cherry Kool-Aid. I will be exchanging it for Pink Chiffon, which has become my Favorite Scent for thia Fall.

And why can't BBW have the Twisted Peppermint Shower Gel right now. I am gonna be stalking my e-mails, the BBW website, their Fb page, etc., to find out when my store will have it. The SA today said not until Thanksgiving. Bummer.

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love using darker nail polishes for fall, especially deep purples. My most favorite fall products, though, aren't even makeup related - I always splurge on tons of the fall-themed candles from B&BW, they're the best!
DItto!!!

I keep trying to order the Philosophy Classic Fudge Cake Shower Gel from Sephora but they keep selling out. I got the e-mail that it was back in stock and went to order it within two hours and it was gone again. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Those Holiday sets from MAC are tempting me! I love the special brush sets and things!

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bought more Bath
Looove Cider Lane! Burning Autumn Day right now, that one will be next! I love all of the fall ones so much, I had to resist buying more candles so I could afford to pay my bills, LOL. I love Cider Lane best, followed by Pumpkin Cupcake and Pumpkin Caramel Latte or wahtever that one is called. And Creamy Pumpkin. 

I wish they'd turn some of their candle/home scents into body care!
biggrin.gif

I got the Pumpkin Cupcake mini candle in my Beauty Blogger VoxBox today. It smells wonderful. But the Twisted Peppermint 3-wick candle has been calling my name, so I bought that with the coupon $10 for the 3-wick that was also in my VoxBox. I am stunned by the items in there, but the funnest part of my day was I had an excuse to go out to BBW and get the Candy Cane Bliss Deep Cleaning Antibacterial Hand Soaps. I got 4 for $15. I also made the mistake of smelling the Winter Candy Apple Shower Gel and buying the Fine Fragrance Mist. The FFM smells like cherry Kool-Aid. I will be exchanging it for Pink Chiffon, which has become my Favorite Scent for thia Fall.

I have never liked Winter Candy Apple, which is weird because I adore apple scents...but yeah, to me it smells like a mix of kool aid and hairspray! I love the Honey Autumn Apple, though. 

I got FFMs in Vanilla Bean Noel, Frosted Snowberry, and Pink Sugarplum yesterday. Loooove. I need to save a bit of money to get Twisted Peppermint when it comes back out, as well as a few VBN triple moisture creams.

I wasn't originally excited about the second round of BBW Holiday Candles which I saw, but now I am. Here I come Peppermint Mocha and Toffee Crunch, etc. YaY!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back