Tempting Fall Goodies

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got an e-mail earlier today that the fudge cake body wash is back in stock...I will break the no buy this Friday, if possible, otherwise, three more weeks. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just found this thread. Fall always makes me start wishing for BBW Vanilla Bean Noel lotion! Yummy
That stuff is so yummy. Hopefully it'll come out soon because I ran out haha

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just found this thread. Fall always makes me start wishing for BBW Vanilla Bean Noel lotion! Yummy
That stuff is so yummy. Hopefully it'll come out soon because I ran out haha

I think the holiday traditions come out October 8th! I'm ready!

And a different type of fall goodie...but I found white chocolate candy corn M&Ms last night and bought a bag...I am in so much trouble, LOL.

ALL THE HOLIDAY STUFF! I know I've said it a million times, so you're all rolling your eyes and saying, yeah yeah, you're a budget buyer. I stick to drugstore mostly but at this time of the year, all the high end makeup companies come up with palettes, kits, and sets for so cheap that I can afford it. I know it's supposed to be for gifts, but it's my gifts to myself! WOOHOO! I want this right now:  

Edited to remove link and add pic

I can't wait for highs that aren't 99+!

And hot chocolate..

Fall clothing tempts me, but it's rarely cool enough to wear big coats and boots, etc.

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ALL THE HOLIDAY STUFF! I know I've said it a million times, so you're all rolling your eyes and saying, yeah yeah, you're a budget buyer. I stick to drugstore mostly but at this time of the year, all the high end makeup companies come up with palettes, kits, and sets for so cheap that I can afford it. I know it's supposed to be for gifts, but it's my gifts to myself! WOOHOO! I want this right now:  

Edited to remove link and add pic

Hey, you're back! Or maybe you've been back awhile and I am super blind and didn't notice lol

I have been loving the weather in central Ohio lately. Cool and a little breezy.

Fall is my favorite time of year - time for cozier clothes and food and drink. With my makeup, my nails get darker, and I actually try and rock a bolder lip.

I find that I wear more makeup because I'm not sweating profusely like I do in the summertime! I love a simple eye/face with a red or plum dramatic lip.

I can't wait to purchase the Tarte Holiday Blush and Lip Surgence Sets, some of them are already out but am waiting for the Sephora VIB and F&F events, which should be coming up within the next month. YaY!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm excited to purchase the tarte sets too, I'm gonna at least wait until my UDPP is out then I'll have an excuse to place an order lol.

I picked up a few new clothing items and a candle this is called Absolutely Autumn.

I also want the new tarte set from sephora but am holding out as much as possible because I have spent too much money lately.

One of the hottest and royal thing that i am enjoying this fall is "OXBLOOD COLOR" its is the awesomest thing that has happened this fall.. i bought a DIOR nail color in oxblood and looks amazing at night.. you can even perk it up with a little rust glitters.. and it will look just wow!!! .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Deleted per Terms of Service

Sephora posted on their FB that only Sephora employees and their family are able to use the discount for their Friends and Family Sale.. I know lots of you all posted about it, how is it that you are able to use the discounts? Are you all employees or have friends who are? 

In the past they have announced the code via Facebook to their "friends" which means the people that like their page. I know I've also gotten an email with the code from Sephora. Maybe this year they are going to keep it only associated with employees. I think it's better that way because from what I've seen on their page, a lot of the people on there are expecting it like it's a right and not a privilege. Maybe Sephora is planning on pulling a fast one on everyone. 

In the past they have announced the code via Facebook to their "friends" which means the people that like their page. I know I've also gotten an email with the code from Sephora. Maybe this year they are going to keep it only associated with employees. I think it's better that way because from what I've seen on their page, a lot of the people on there are expecting it like it's a right and not a privilege. Maybe Sephora is planning on pulling a fast one on everyone. 
Employees typically receive discounts for shopping in-house at retailers. I don't see why there shouldn't be a F&F sale that wouldn't include regular customers/consumers. To limit a sale to only employees when they've usually included regular consumers doesn't make sense to me and seems like it would be bad for business. It'd be like B&BW or Victoria's Secret semi annual sales and cutting out consumers. You're losing a nice profit margin there.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Employees typically receive discounts for shopping in-house at retailers. I don't see why there shouldn't be a F&F sale that wouldn't include regular customers/consumers. To limit a sale to only employees when they've usually included regular consumers doesn't make sense to me and seems like it would be bad for business. It'd be like B&BW or Victoria's Secret semi annual sales and cutting out consumers. You're losing a nice profit margin there.
True but some companies have special sales like the F&F for the company to show appreciation to the average worker. I worked at Disneyland and during the holiday season Disney would extend to us special discounts and comp tickets as a token of appreciation. Through the year we would receive a 20% discount but during holiday season it was bumped to 50%. Those perks weren't extended to the average guest.

I'm going to assume the regular discount that was offered to VIBs and BIs during the holiday season would still be offered. Sephora has posted very clearly on Facebook that this year the F&F sale was only going to be for employees and their family and friends. However, for all we know they could be going back on their word when the sale comes and extend it to everyone. 

From what I've seen on their wall in the past, people are claiming they have thousands of dollars in their shopping cart and they are waiting until the sale to get things cheaper. Sephora isn't going to be getting a nice profit margin from people shopping the sale. If anything, they would be losing money in the long run. Sure, 20% doesn't sound like that much but it adds up. 

Quote: We appreciate your inquiry about Sephora's Friends and Family discount. The Friends and Family discount is a benefit for Sephora employees to extend to their personal networks. We’re also reserving some amazing offers just for our Facebook Fans and Beauty Insiders, so be on the lookout!
This was taken from the Sephora Facebook page today. It looks like they are going to be having some offers for us so not all is lost.

I love fall!!! I love winter too ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I'm excited to wear my new leg warmers,  I bought them to wear with boots for the fall/winter, I am soooo digging that trend! I will be doing dark nail colors, and probably mostly matte nails. I am also loving the dark berry toned lips. I love layering, I will probably wear a scarf with almost every outfit. 

I love fall!!! I love winter too ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I'm excited to wear my new leg warmers,  I bought them to wear with boots for the fall/winter, I am soooo digging that trend! I will be doing dark nail colors, and probably mostly matte nails. I am also loving the dark berry toned lips. I love layering, I will probably wear a scarf with almost every outfit. 
Yes! Scarves are awesome!! I love scarves. Is it sad that we started the morning just slightly below 70 today and I broke out a pair of sheer, shimmer tights? Nevermind the fact that it got up past 90 mid-day but I was inside, so it doesn't count. Lol.

Doesn't Sephora say every year that the sale is only for friends and family of employees? I remember they said that last year and a lot of people freaked out but they still had the sale just like always. Employees get a year round discount there which I believe is more than 20%. Maybe they just say that so people who are not regular customers don't just buy from the sale or so that those who are regular customers don't stop buying stuff to hold off for the sale. Plus, when is the last time you have seen an FF sale that is only for employees' FF?

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't Sephora say every year that the sale is only for friends and family of employees? I remember they said that last year and a lot of people freaked out but they still had the sale just like always. Employees get a year round discount there which I believe is more than 20%. Maybe they just say that so people who are not regular customers don't just buy from the sale or so that those who are regular customers don't stop buying stuff to hold off for the sale.

Plus, when is the last time you have seen an FF sale that is only for employees' FF?
Lots of stores have a FF sale that's limited to just employees' friends and families (IMHO a true friends and family event). Gap/Banana Republic has a FF sale I believe every time there is a major shift in the inventory (season change) and only people that were given coupons with specific individualized codes by employees can take part in the additional 50% off.

Back