Tempting Fall Goodies

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fall is my favorite season! I like being able to wear dramatic cat eye liner and red/berry toned lips without it seeming "too much". Also love the darker shades of nail polish, especially green, blue, or purple shades!

Non-makeup items: Boots, skinny jeans, and cardigans!

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Will do! I saw the promo pic on The Ultimate Makeup and knew I couldn't choose just one.

Oh, and I ordered the Estee Lauder LE gelee eyeshadow in Pop Pistacio, Pistacio Pop, whatever lol. I bought the Violet Underground palette from EL as well, and it is frickin' gorgeous! I am not around to testing it yet, but I did get pics.
Yer killing me here lady! Those are gorgeous. Good too see I'm not the only fall color junkie hehe

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yer killing me here lady! Those are gorgeous. Good too see I'm not the only fall color junkie hehe
Everything is great in the fall... rich textures in fabric and saturated colors! I saw that grey and oxblood are going to be popular, very vampy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I plan on getting the EL violet underground palette and a lipstick.  I'm kind of waiting for a gwp, before getting it.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Usually with Chanel collections I like an item here and there, but I love all 3 of those sets. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love the holiday makeup sets that are released in the fall, there are some great deals! Love spicy fragrances and darker nail polishes. Fall fashion, don't care for summer clothes as much bc I love layering, scarves, boots, and sweaters. EVERYTHING pumpkin, I just bought my first pumpkin candle of the year over the weekend and I will eat any pumpkin food item; pumpkin bread, bars, drinks, pie, ice cream. Also my fave fall drink is chaider (chai cider).

I know this may not be a "Fall" item but I bought the Sephora Opi by Betsy Johnson in a nice pink color.  It is scented with "Too Too" her signature fragrance.  As my nails dried I sat there and literally sniffed my nails the whole time. LMAO...Bummer the scent doesn't stay but the color is Fabulous and no chips! It's on Sale in Sephora for like $3.

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love Fall colors. Orange and dark green and burgundy. And pumpkins. I can't wait to get my hands on Fall-themed rubber stamps and papers and inks every year between Labor Day and Halloween.
My birthday is the 30th of October, your making me want to start decorating now! lol

I love fall to and can't wait to bust out the deep red lipsticks and stock up on spicy and pumpkin smells.  Also when I am feeling crafty I like to make what I call smelly pumpkins.  Once you cut open and clean out a medium sized pumpkin carve little  shapes into it rub pumpkin pie spice inside, and add a lit tea light.  This will make the house smell like pumpkin pie, so awesome!

Originally Posted by awall18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Once you cut open and clean out a medium sized pumpkin carve little  shapes into it rub pumpkin pie spice inside, and add a lit tea light.  This will make the house smell like pumpkin pie, so awesome!
Great idea about the pumpkin spice!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will not stop raving about the OPI 007 collection omg. Is it Oct. 1 yet?? 
Will Sephora sell this?

I'm waiting for Sephora to pick up the Vice Palette from Urban Decay and the big eyeliner pencil set. Other than that, I'm really only curious about the Mac Marilyn Monroe collection. I'm sure it'll be overpriced and easily dupable but I'm more curious than anything. I love holiday collection sets so I can't wait to see more previews.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've seen pics of the Marilyn collection, and it really doesn't pull me in.
Thats essentially how I feel about it. I'm more curious than anything but the packaging looks cheesy to me and I highly doubt anything will be a sleeper hit that's worth owning. I expected more of a retro feel to the items and they all look cheap. However, I'm also more of the type of person who purchases items based on the quality of the product, not the packaging and the upcharge is based on it's packaging. 

I like the Butter London fall 2012 collection, I may get one or 2 sets when Ulta has the 2 for 1 sale.

I like the Butter London fall 2012 collection, I may get one or 2 sets when Ulta has the 2 for 1 sale.
I was at the mall a few days ago and looking at the DL Glitter polishes to see what they look like in real life (lol!) And they had the Butter London Display right next to it and wow, were some of the colors amazing!! I haven't seen a few of these before so I don't know if it's a part of their fall collection but def plan to get a few during the Ulta Promo. Did you see the ones that were like a due tone and iridescent (not sure if they were duo chromes?)...sooo pretty!! I'm excited!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Will Sephora sell this?
Nope, Ulta will and salons will, and pro stores. Sephora only carries their special line of OPI.

Yesterday is the first day it felt like Fall here to me and I'm already like, "Oh, yeahhh!  I need to make chili!"  I had some tonight.  It's awesome.  I don't really eat chili when it's warm outside.  It might be my favorite Fall food, along with pumpkin pie with whipped cream, but I usually don't buy that until after Halloween.

Back