Tempting Fall Goodies

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also looking forward to new nail colors. Especially the purples and blues this fall. I have this deficit of purples that needs to be corrected by a new set of purchases methinks :)

I absolutely love it when fall comes around so I can stock up on gorgeous wine coloured lipsticks and rust eyeshadows! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also love it how nailpolishes get a bit darker for the season! It looks great on us super fair girls :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I can't wait until my local makeup store switches over for fall!

I am on a low buy but I went in and decided to purchase a toner I was out of and got the Philosophy Pumpkin Pie Body Wash while there...smells yummy!! I love Fall, but I gotta say, the attitude of many of the cosmetic focused stores lately (out here anyway) really ruins the experience for me. One doesn't need to be overly friendly, but please don't be outwardly rude. Funny, my friend noticed the same thing when we walked out and I didn't even mention my thoughts to her until then. I was so put off that I just left and went to buy my toner. Is this just me or do other people notice this, too?

The ladies at Sephora inside JC Penney here in Council Bluffs treat me like I'm stupid. Granted, I made my first makeup purchase ever in March 2012, so I am inexperienced with makeup, but I am not stupid. I went to buy a couple polishes in the Amazing Spiderman Collection by OPI at Ulta and the lady had no idea what I was talking about, and she gave up when we found the China Glaze dupe. And she insisted I buy it, for $8 when Sally Beauty has China Glaze for $4!

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The ladies at Sephora inside JC Penney here in Council Bluffs treat me like I'm stupid. Granted, I made my first makeup purchase ever in March 2012, so I am inexperienced with makeup, but I am not stupid. I went to buy a couple polishes in the Amazing Spiderman Collection by OPI at Ulta and the lady had no idea what I was talking about, and she gave up when we found the China Glaze dupe. And she insisted I buy it, for $8 when Sally Beauty has China Glaze for $4!
I don't do well with "insisting" people. I would have just left. I don't like people that treat me poorly at any store. Remember it's your money. Spend it places in stores that treat you well. It really does send a message when everyone does this.

I agree wholeheartedly with Dalylah. I like help on occasion, but am not swayed by pushy salespeople at all. I've left items and returned later, so as not to deal with salespeople. Or totally unhelpful one's. I was at Champs a few months back to buy some comfy athletic shoes for work and fell in love with some Nike cross trainers that had super cushy memory foam insoles and the salesman told me they weren't appropriate. They're made for running, he said; my response was I'm running around all night(hospital) and the memory foam sold me. So I left, purchased the same shoes several shops down and returned to tell him and his store manager how great they were and how glad I was to purchase them at a better price in a store with more helpful staff. Lol, a little snarky but oh well.. months later and my feet feel good after my regular schedule of 12 hr night shifts in my " inappropriate" shoes!!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree wholeheartedly with Dalylah. I like help on occasion, but am not swayed by pushy salespeople at all. I've left items and returned later, so as not to deal with salespeople. Or totally unhelpful one's. I was at Champs a few months back to buy some comfy athletic shoes for work and fell in love with some Nike cross trainers that had super cushy memory foam insoles and the salesman told me they weren't appropriate. They're made for running, he said; my response was I'm running around all night(hospital) and the memory foam sold me. So I left, purchased the same shoes several shops down and returned to tell him and his store manager how great they were and how glad I was to purchase them at a better price in a store with more helpful staff. Lol, a little snarky but oh well.. months later and my feet feel good after my regular schedule of 12 hr night shifts in my " inappropriate" shoes!!
Good salespeople understand that all people have different preferences, styles, as well as past experiences which all potentially alter what we are looking for. It really doesn't matter why someone wants what they want, sell it to them already...and do it with a big smile so you can have repeat business.

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I found some amazing smelling candles while on a trip...I didn't purchase them since they were too heavy to bring back but I will order them at some point. Here are the ones that smelled especially nice (keeping in mind this is just my opinion):

Niven Morgan: "Blue" Candle

Kobo Candles: White Birch Rosemary

West Third Bank (Loved almost every single one from this brand, but here are the ones I noted down as my faves):

-Belgium Linen

-Campo Il Fioro

-Marche De Tebac

-Voyage De Tebac

-Vanilla De Santos

-Fleur un Fleur

They were just so different than all the fruit based candles in other stores (which are also really nice) but these all had a really soft and elegant quality about them.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I found some amazing smelling candles while on a trip...I didn't purchase them since they were too heavy to bring back but I will order them at some point. Here are the ones that smelled especially nice (keeping in mind this is just my opinion): Niven Morgan: "Blue" Candle Kobo Candles: White Birch Rosemary West Third Bank (Loved almost every single one from this brand, but here are the ones I noted down as my faves): -Belgium Linen -Campo Il Fioro -Marche De Tebac -Voyage De Tebac -Vanilla De Santos -Fleur un Fleur They were just so different than all the fruit based candles in other stores (which are also really nice) but these all had a really soft and elegant quality about them.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ooh thanks for posting! Definitely want to check some of these out!

That white birch rosemary candle sounds interesting and the west third bank brand. Thanks for sharing, I might look into these a and see about some online orders lol.

That white birch rosemary candle sounds interesting and the west third bank brand. Thanks for sharing, I might look into these a and see about some online orders lol.
I was walking around the candle store smelling all of these and my bf was with me and didn't want to smell any more candles but when we got to the West Third, even he liked them and said they smelled great. They have all the candle notes on the site, I will have to see if they offer any discounts cus they are quite pricey.

UGH, I haaate that. I also work in healthcare, and in my opinion, insole is EVERYTHING. (Also, if you happen to know the name of the model of shoes you got, I'd love to know...I'm wanting some new shoes, lol).

On the subject of fall goodies, just bought some yummy candles from BBW and I'm planning to go and get some pretty purple, blue, and grey polishes. yay!

On the subject of fall goodies, just bought some yummy candles from BBW and I'm planning to go and get some pretty purple, blue, and grey polishes. yay!
Have you seen Butter London's, "No More Waitey Katie"...it is blue, grey, purple, AND sparkles!! It is stunning, like no other color that I have ever seen.

@yousoldtheworld.. I believe they are called Nike In Season trainers/TR. I got a simple black pair and you'll see them if you Google image results. Super comfy and breathable, thanks to the clothlike material used. I also had a pair of Shox, but they fell apart after a year, so these were the first pair of Nike's I've purchased in the last three years. I'm debating purchasing a pair of Dansko's or whatever they're called because I've always heard such good things, but they're definitely pricey. I'll stick with my cross trainers for now lol.

@yousoldtheworld.. I believe they are called Nike In Season trainers/TR. I got a simple black pair and you'll see them if you Google image results. Super comfy and breathable, thanks to the clothlike material used. I also had a pair of Shox, but they fell apart after a year, so these were the first pair of Nike's I've purchased in the last three years. I'm debating purchasing a pair of Dansko's or whatever they're called because I've always heard such good things, but they're definitely pricey. I'll stick with my cross trainers for now lol.

I have some Danskos, but I don't like them...they're too heavy and clunky! I prefer lightweight flexible shoes to them. I do like Dawgs and Alegrias. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm liking the trend of light eye makeup and very deep berry or deep purple lips. I think I'm gonna go for that this season.

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm liking the trend of light eye makeup and very deep berry or deep purple lips. I think I'm gonna go for that this season.
Heh, that's a look I do in almost every season--lightly purpled eyes with a deep berry red on the lips :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like it too! I wish I could pull it off without looking like an idiot...I rarely wear much color on my lips but I sooo wish I could pull off dramatic lips!

Back