Tempting Fall Goodies

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm finally getting more into Philosophy Body Washes...purchased the Pumpkin Pie one last week and was playing on the Sephora Website earlier today and seems these products aren't out for the season yet, but they have the product pages on there...Salted Caramel Gloss and Body Wash and a Fudge Cake Body Wash!! Yum! I will break the no buy when they are available, I should be well into October by then so it should be okay. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like it too! I wish I could pull it off without looking like an idiot...I rarely wear much color on my lips but I sooo wish I could pull off dramatic lips!
Your lips look beautifully pigmented in your avatar! But I feel the same with the deep, vampy shades. I want to find a sultry shade of red I can rock lol.

I'm finally getting more into Philosophy Body Washes...purchased the Pumpkin Pie one last week and was playing on the Sephora Website earlier today and seems these products aren't out for the season yet, but they have the product pages on there...Salted Caramel Gloss and Body Wash and a Fudge Cake Body Wash!! Yum! I will break the no buy when they are available, I should be well into October by then so it should be okay. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
@Dots...They'd had holiday scents on sale in August to probably make way for new stuff coming up soon! I usually stick to vanilla cake, cinnamon buns or creme brulee, but dip into some seasonal washes. Yummy smells are hard to resist!

@Dots...They'd had holiday scents on sale in August to probably make way for new stuff coming up soon! I usually stick to vanilla cake, cinnamon buns or creme brulee, but dip into some seasonal washes. Yummy smells are hard to resist!
I used to have the Cinnamon Buns, still smells good but I'm getting super excited for these ones. I remember one year, Sephora had an amazing 500 point reward and it had like 4 of the holiday body washes plus the matching lip glosses, it would be nice if they brought something like that back. I put the pink layer cake one in my online basket yesterday before I came to my no buy senses and logged out. I'm trying to be good about what I eat now, so I figure, if I can't eat it, I can smell like it.

Make cake pops! Lol, just don't eat them all lol. I indulge and do homemade baked goods, I'm less likely to go nuts and buy a bunch of junk food. I actually eat more and somewhat healthier and have lost 15 lbs over the last 9 months to a year. I think my lack of regular nourishment was the culprit and my body was operating on starvation mode all the time.

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used to have the Cinnamon Buns, still smells good but I'm getting super excited for these ones. I remember one year, Sephora had an amazing 500 point reward and it had like 4 of the holiday body washes plus the matching lip glosses, it would be nice if they brought something like that back. I put the pink layer cake one in my online basket yesterday before I came to my no buy senses and logged out. I'm trying to be good about what I eat now, so I figure, if I can't eat it, I can smell like it.
Make yourself some baked apples. Grab some super sweet apples, peel them, slice them, put them on a greased baking sheet (I use a small around of real butter), sprinkle on some cinnamon and bake them til soft. You feel like you are having apple pie without all the junk. The natural sugars in the apples will caramelize with the butter an made a beautiful sauce. Plus it makes your house smell amazing!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make cake pops! Lol, just don't eat them all lol. I indulge and do homemade baked goods, I'm less likely to go nuts and buy a bunch of junk food. I actually eat more and somewhat healthier and have lost 15 lbs over the last 9 months to a year. I think my lack of regular nourishment was the culprit and my body was operating on starvation mode all the time.
We usually do cake balls (stickless cake pops) but I have to give them away so I don't eat them haha. I love holiday baking smells!!!

Make yourself some baked apples. Grab some super sweet apples, peel them, slice them, put them on a greased baking sheet (I use a small around of real butter), sprinkle on some cinnamon and bake them til soft. You feel like you are having apple pie without all the junk. The natural sugars in the apples will caramelize with the butter an made a beautiful sauce. Plus it makes your house smell amazing! We usually do cake balls (stickless cake pops) but I have to give them away so I don't eat them haha. I love holiday baking smells!!!
Bakes apples sound like a good idea. That's my thing with the eating, I love to eat but I don't eat much and when I do, it tends not to be the best stuff, so yeah... I did go and grab some breakfast thig morning and then had some time to pass before I met a friend for coffee and it was so tempting to just turn right into the shopping plaza with MAC and candle shopping, etc. But I just kept my focus and passed the plaza. I used to use MAC a lot more years ago and then just kinda started using other stuff but I'm liking the new stuff they are coming out with so I may do some shopping there in a month. I almost hope I'm working a lot a month from now and too tired to shop...does that even happen?

Bakes apples sound like a good idea. That's my thing with the eating, I love to eat but I don't eat much and when I do, it tends not to be the best stuff, so yeah...

I did go and grab some breakfast thig morning and then had some time to pass before I met a friend for coffee and it was so tempting to just turn right into the shopping plaza with MAC and candle shopping, etc. But I just kept my focus and passed the plaza. I used to use MAC a lot more years ago and then just kinda started using other stuff but I'm liking the new stuff they are coming out with so I may do some shopping there in a month. I almost hope I'm working a lot a month from now and too tired to shop...does that even happen?
I get that. Sometimes it's easier to stay busy than have time to (over)spend.

I get that. Sometimes it's easier to stay busy than have time to (over)spend.
I've been throwing around the idea of applying for a part time job for the weekends during the holidays at Sephora or some place like that, that could be fun.

I've been throwing around the idea of applying for a part time job for the weekends during the holidays at Sephora or some place like that, that could be fun.
You mean work at the source of all temptation?! I am not sure if that is completely brilliant or totally insane. Let's see... earn more money... and want to spend more money on what is right in front of you... the ultimate beauty queen's paradox!
w00t.gif

You mean work at the source of all temptation?! I am not sure if that is completely brilliant or totally insane. Let's see... earn more money... and want to spend more money on what is right in front of you... the ultimate beauty queen's paradox! :w00t:
Lol!! I haven't decided yet if it's the smartest choice...I figure, if I'm going to do something part time, it may as well be around shimmer and happy things. Maybe being around it all the time will make the novelty wear off...? Lol, doubtful. Besides, even if I purchase a few things, I hope to work enough hours to more than make up for it...I'm meeting my friend that works at Sephora in a bit to get her input, she's been trying to get me to apply there for a long time, so let's see...interviews stress me out, if I even get to that point.

Well extra money is always good, you probably would get a nice discount and you could fill us all in on the new goodies too! Not to mention it might just make you happy being around stuff you like.

I'm still thinking about it, I dunno. On another note, I roamed around Nordstrom's today looking at some of the new products and didn't purchase a thing. Plus, I finally met lots of super sweet sales associates which I haven't run into at some of these stores in a long time. They were all just very sweet and excited and pleasant to talk with and they even sent me home with a decent sized sample of the La Mer soft cream and the serum. Also, the Balenciaga perfume and the new Prada Candy samples, it was a nice and unexpected treat.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I may have pre-ordered all three nail and lipsticks sets from Chanel's Fashion's Night Out ...
Plans have changed.

When I went to pick up my pre-order they hadn't gotten everything in. They sold me the one item they had, a lipstick in Provocation. I contacted them by email today to find out what was going on, because they were supposed to ship me the rest of my pre-order when it came in (the release day was the 6th). Well, they believe their shipment was lost and are now waiting for Chanel to ship them a new batch of products.

I asked them to cancel my pre-order, as I can order the whole shebang on the Chanel site now (minus the one lipstick that I bought, and is now sold out online). I decided to only get the lipsticks. This has turned out to be a good thing, since I am not a huge fan of Chanel polishes and pre-ordered them in the whole limited edition pre-order frenzy that is typical of me lol. So now it is all 3 lipsticks, which is what I truly want anyway. Now to wait for the 2 colors I don't have to ship. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like it too! I wish I could pull it off without looking like an idiot...I rarely wear much color on my lips but I sooo wish I could pull off dramatic lips!
Your lips look beautifully pigmented in your avatar! But I feel the same with the deep, vampy shades. I want to find a sultry shade of red I can rock lol.

Ah, thanks. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My lips are naturally fairly pigmented pink, so I can generally pull off pink and berry shades without feeling too out of my comfort zone, but I have just not mastered the dramatic reds and purples!

I can't wait till Red Apple Lipstick's Fall Lipstick Collection comes out! I'd like to get my hands on the colors New York And Rebel. They look amazing! I also can't wait to make my pumpkin loaf bread :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it's so yummy! I hope these links work! If not check out their Facebook pictures under the folder Lipstick-Fall Collection Naming Contest.

Edit: Removed FB links and posted the pics.

I just found this thread. Fall always makes me start wishing for BBW Vanilla Bean Noel lotion! Yummy

Back