Terms that Irritate You

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hate it when people call Aussies, Ossy. I know it LOOKS like it's said that way. But we're oz-e's. LOL Wow. I completely did not know that. I've always heard it pronounced like "ossy" not "ozzee" -- I mean, I've heard of "Oz" which is pronounced with a Z. Even when it's with an "Australian accent" it was with an "s" i think. learned something new today!
I tend to get annoyed with stuff I hear so often that I start picking it up without realizing it.

Things recently:

"Yeah, no..." used as a transition (Is it yes, or is it no? It can't be both, and half the time it isn't either one!)

(Instead of saying "yeah, so the other day he was saying this." it's "yeah, no, so the other day he was saying this.")

"like" or "um" -- overused and in places it should not be used!

Maybe we should do a youtube video showing how we say Aussie, clear it all up LOL...

Originally Posted by retroxxkittie /img/forum/go_quote.gif ahh!!!!!! all of its true!!!!! dude,you are so from nor-cal,you say "hella".in so-cal "hella" is totally not used because of all the beverly hills barbies....i say hella because im sorta kinda from nor-cal....i think its kinda stupid,people have the right to say whatever word they want,even from what ever region in cali they are from.....god...all the stupidness. Oh wow thats a real word lol... I only ever sawit used on South Park by Cartman LOLI love that word...

Back