Terms that Irritate You

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hate when people say "irregardless." That makes no sense! Also, yesterday my friend's girlfriend called him honey boo baby pie...altogether...and she was serious. I was so disgusted, lol. Honey boo baby pie.....ew vomit!!!! LOL My husband also says irregardless and it annoys me to no end. Then we bicker about whether its correct or not.

Oxford University have done studies into the top ten annoying phrases:

1. At the end of the day

2 . Fairly unique

3. I personally

4. At this moment in time

5. With all due respect

6. Absolutely

7. It's a nightmare

8. Shouldn't of

9. 24/7

10. It's not rocket science

i too hate it when people are over familiar with you like babe, baby, sweetie.There is a girl at work that calls everyone chick or doll its horrible, but the worst phrase of all is when someone says I lost my cat/dog etc last year, you didnt lose them if you did somebody else or yourself would find them at some point aarrrggghhhhh!

I HATE the word hubby. Alot. Both in real life and online. Just use the word husband for god sakes. It sounds like a word a little kid would say, not an adult.

I hate being called "honey". It makes me think of "honey bucket", the buckets that contained crap and wah water on sailing ships that was tossed overboard. If you want to dis your man, call him honey bucket!

Originally Posted by bluengold2007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif uhmmmm k bugs me, think Office Space Sounds like someone's got a case of the Mondays! lol!

Let's see..."irregardless" bothers me. So does "my bad" and "da bomb". I'm not a fan of "boo" either.

Originally Posted by bluengold2007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Johnnie are you in the South, we ge that a lot here, people are starting to call me mamm that irritates me only because I dont want to be old. But it could be wrose they could be saying uhm *itch excuse me, instead of uhm mamm excuse me. I totally hate "boo" and shorty and blah blah so lame! But just curious what has this world come to when we Hate the word Mamm? Thats like saying "I Hate to be treated with Respect" lol anyways!!!!

I hate when people say the word " Cheesy" or "thats so cheesy" What-The -F*ck- Does That mean??? so stupid and annoying !!!!!

Originally Posted by nibjet /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have stretched earlobes, and I hate when people call them "gauges."
Also any time people speak in text. You should never voice the letters "LOL", just laugh if it's funny!

ah yes ,when people think my stretched lobes are "gauges" i really don't mind because my ears are only stretched to a 00,but the kiddos with giant ones get their earlobes called "gauged" and they really wanna punch someone after they hear it....hahah i've seen it happen before.
silly.gif

i guess its not terms that bother me,its just when people call me stupid things because they don't know me at all! like because my septum is pierced,some people call me "a really pissed off bull" and i think that is unfair,only a pissed off bull is a pissed off bull,not a human!!!! and then people think that because i have healed scars on my wrist means that im emo, its like "dude,sorry,1 1/2 years ago i had a problem,and i couldn't get a piercing!!!!!!!! so shut up!!!!!!!!!! im not emo!!!!!!!" and then,there is also how my mom says im wasting my life on spending time with my boyfriend and listening to metal.
hmm.gif
im not changing for her,im just gonna keep doing what i do best. Which is laying around the house with my boyfriend and listening to some hardcore bands,and going to some shows every once in a while.

and then theres also the one about my broken ankle,people always ask how it happened even when they know how i broke it.STUPID PEOPLE!

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oxford University have done studies into the top ten annoying phrases:1. At the end of the day

2 . Fairly unique

3. I personally

4. At this moment in time

5. With all due respect

6. Absolutely

7. It's a nightmare

8. Shouldn't of

9. 24/7

10. It's not rocket science

Those are good ones, an overabundance of these expressions ticks me off. I don't mind honey, babe, sweetie depending on who uses them, if it's a total stranger, especially from the other gender, it pisses me off, who are you to be so familiar with me ?
I also hate the word gay in a sentence. Use an I instead of a Y and you get a translation of happy in french, but i'm never sure people use it that way, and the other is insulting.

haha, the office is classic for annoying terms turned 'cool' - case of the mondays, shaundra I love that!

I also like to use 'negative nancy' and such. Haha, makes me smile. Not like I'm using them seriously, that could get annoying!

Originally Posted by topdogg /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awe man I hate hate HATE when people say preggers...don't know what it is about that word, just make me nauseous when I hear it. Also 'we're pregnant' last time I checked it was the womans feet up in the stirrups having a baby not a mans...lol. Those phrases just annoy me to no end!! I also loathe "we're pregnant". There is no we in carrying and delivering a baby. It seems to diminish what a woman is going through to have a baby.

Originally Posted by charlie90802 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hate being called "honey". It makes me think of "honey bucket", the buckets that contained crap and wah water on sailing ships that was tossed overboard. If you want to dis your man, call him honey bucket! LOL.. my wife calls me honey all the time. I never thought anything of it.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not a fan of "boo" either. Halloween must drive you crazy, Shaundra!!
biggrin.gif

My husband also uses "Phenomenal" all the time... ughhhh

I hate that one.

I also cannot stand when people say "axe" instead of "ask"

I also hate 50% of the absolute horrifying valley slang and accent that comes out of my mouth... I hate listening to me recorded. It reminds me of how totally suburban I actually am.

I hate apostrophes put in the wrong place, and when people use 'their' instead of 'they're' or those type of things. It's really simple, I don't understand why people have so many issues

Yes! This one drives me nuts.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also cannot stand when people say "axe" instead of "ask"

I remember there was a woman on big brother this year who kep referring to one of the other housemates as "possimistic" umm I am pretty sure that is not a word, it's optimistic you silly girl!

lol Rosie! I found it amusing because the housemate using that word was meant to be the "smart" one. What am I saying... she was on big brother.. hahaha

Latest posts

Back