Terms that Irritate You

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ugghhh.. I work with a "honey sweetie baby darlin'" girl. I hate it, it makes me feel like i'm five years old again

LOL i dont have any words that i hate, except maybe when people call me 'maam' which is rare, cause here i only got that once. Generally i dont pay attention to that kind of stuff, one less thing to hate in this world, cause people focus too much on things that they hate, not what they like.

Yank. Never once liked it, don't like being referred to as one... just sounds like I'm being made fun of because I'm American. Aussie is short for Australian. Brit for British... yank...? Yankee-doodle?

Chicken. (Sorry, Rosers. LOL.) My cousins abused that word since I was a kid and said it for everything, just drove me insane.

Phat. Gross.

MILF. Sounds desperate.

Ma'am. First and only time someone called me that I wanted to vomit. Made me feel old.

I have a few.

"What Ever?" Drives me crazy??

Being called a "Gurl". Mostly in crossdressing circles.. Hate that term!!

Locally there are some Pittsburgheze phrazes I'm not to fond of..

"Yinzz" kind of like you-all..

"Slippy" meaning slippery, "red-up"... To prepare or make ready and "en-at" meaning and that...

"Yinzz seen Ronnie, Donnie and Lonnie... They were suposed to red-up the walk cause its getting slippy out, en-at?"

biggrin.gif

I'm sad no one likes ma'am. I was always told I have to say "yes ma'am and yes sir, " my mother corrected me if I didnt. One night I called a woman ma'am and she was pissed, she kept bringing it up all night. I dont mind being that, but I am trying to stop doing it.

I agree with most of what's been said here!

I don't like when people say 'Hey' in real life. I sometimes type it but I think it sounds odd in an english accent.

I'm guilty of calling people pet names like honey, sweetheart and darling haha Where I've been brought up people use those words all the time. I think it depends in what context they're used though 'cos it can be patronizing but I call people sweetie a lot without thinking about it. I don't do it with people who are a lot older than me though, that's just weird
tongue.gif

I don't know if this counts, but I really really dislike any racial slur type terms. Those kinds of words really make my skin crawl with revulsion. I also am uncomfortable with certain anatomy terms, if you get my meaning.

big big pet peeve is when a person refers to me as "you people"..

they call in my work and are like "you people charged me" blah blah

i want to scream at them!

I only use the word "hubby" when I am typing on the internet....lol

or when people use the word "they" as in "they stole my car last night"...I always ask : who did?

I am also not keen on the "that shot is money"..it just sounds like "they" are trying too hard to sound cool.

It bugs me when people say the word "heigTH" instead of "height" or "acrossED the street"

Oh i have a long list lol

I hate being called mate.. I always stopped someone mid conversation if they do and if its my husband i punch him lol (even though its halarious because his accent is so heavy)

she'll be right

bob's ya uncle

shelia - lass

I don't mind being called a wog when its used in a good way, but when its put in a negative way not at all.

I don't like hearing people use the terms Aussie, Skip, Pommie, Fob in mean ways.

When people mis pronounce words or over empathise letters in them that don't need to be or drop G's and N's...

Oh oh oh... yeah ful sik maaaaaaaaaaaayte....cannot stand the puton westy/habibi accent... My grandma doesn't have an accent like this where does it come from? (damn ian thorpe lol)

Originally Posted by chantelle8686 /img/forum/go_quote.gif u girls have nailed them lol!!
i also dont like it when ur talking to someone and they call u baby or babe....ffs im neithe of those to u...the only person to call me that is my bf .

another is gday, and Barbie(bbq)....sound like a retard with that.

and the word MILF is gettin used to often these days!! Just cause there is a hot chick dont mean she is a milf!!! u have to be a mumma first wankers!!!

HAHA some guy the other night hitting on me and my friends and talking to me like he knew me, said, "Baby, whats going on. You okay baby? Lets go ladies, baby we should get a cab" ... i was going to go for his neck. Every girl he looked at he said 'baby' to. Unfortunately he said it to me about 10 time in the matter of 3 minutes. I had to get away from him and avoid violence.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif "Yinzz seen Ronnie, Donnie and Lonnie... They were suposed to red-up the walk cause its getting slippy out, en-at?"

Whatever ...
biggrin.gif

Baby is my word. The guys on campus called every female their baby. It was so annoying.

Outside of that, I don't pay that much attention to words...

we have a show here called -home and away- and it seems like every 2nnd word on it is baby or babe.. i dont watch it but when i visit my mother she is addicted to it.. really a bit painful to sit through lol

lol ozee, I'm a total 'skip' - haven't heard that word in AAAGES

sometimes I'll use my super aussie accent as a joke, I find it enjoyable - I mean, I was born here, I'm an Aussie! It's my perogative to sound like a bogan if I want!

I hate it when people call Aussies, Ossy. I know it LOOKS like it's said that way. But we're oz-e's. LOL

I don't like when girls refer to their boyfriends as their man. It just bugs me. Also when every second or third word is a swear word. It just sounds really awful.

I call my really good friends babe. But I dont know why it annoys me when a much older woman calls me darling sweety or hun. And not only that it bothers me 10x more when theyre a server or someone at a store helping me out

Back