Terms that Irritate You

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by retroxxkittie /img/forum/go_quote.gif ah yes ,when people think my stretched lobes are "gauges" i really don't mind because my ears are only stretched to a 00,but the kiddos with giant ones get their earlobes called "gauged" and they really wanna punch someone after they hear it....hahah i've seen it happen before.
silly.gif

i guess its not terms that bother me,its just when people call me stupid things because they don't know me at all! like because my septum is pierced,some people call me "a really pissed off bull" and i think that is unfair,only a pissed off bull is a pissed off bull,not a human!!!! and then people think that because i have healed scars on my wrist means that im emo, its like "dude,sorry,1 1/2 years ago i had a problem,and i couldn't get a piercing!!!!!!!! so shut up!!!!!!!!!! im not emo!!!!!!!" and then,there is also how my mom says im wasting my life on spending time with my boyfriend and listening to metal.
hmm.gif
im not changing for her,im just gonna keep doing what i do best. Which is laying around the house with my boyfriend and listening to some hardcore bands,and going to some shows every once in a while.

and then theres also the one about my broken ankle,people always ask how it happened even when they know how i broke it.STUPID PEOPLE!

This is pretty random but nice coontails.

Originally Posted by MakeupByMonet /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hate when people say the word " Cheesy" or "thats so cheesy" What-The -F*ck- Does That mean??? so stupid and annoying !!!!! ..You don't know what "thats so cheesy" means? o_o;

Caca & Cheesy , no offense to the wonderful peeps thta use that term

Originally Posted by Rotting Beauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is pretty random but nice coontails.

You don't know what "thats so cheesy" means? o_o;

NO i dont & Im sure even if i did I would still think it was the most stupid saying lol

hey guys i actaully think they LL USE THESE WORD COZ THEY DON'T KNOW HOW ELSE TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES not to mention all the rubbish they hear on tv....

I hope they learn to address girls with respect... and that is all boys coz thats not exclusively for our bf's

My bad, Ma, Shorty, Boo

And anything with -izzle or -acka in it. I dont' mind slang, but dammit, can you use words that I can actually understand? Cracka-lackin' makes me cringe.

lol. Here in Oz, we don't have cracka-lackin. No idea what that means (not sure if I want to either LOL)

We do use a lot of 'ies' on the end of things in australia though, pyjamas become 'jarmies' biscuits become 'bickies' and OMG Tradesmen have weird names too:

carpenters - chippies

electricians - sparkies

brick layers - brickies...

And no name for plumbers. It makes no sense! LOL!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have one. I really really dislike the word 'boo' as a term of endearment toward a girlfriend or boyfriend. Likewise 'shorty'.
Whenever I use them, I feel like a complete tool. I think it's partially because they're quite American. Maybe Americans can get away with saying them, but with my accent I sound like a retard, LOL.

SOOO!!

what words annoy you!!

Oh, I agree, I hate "boo" too. And it annoys me that Tony's cousin calls his mother (Tony's aunt) "Shorty." I told her on Thursday that I can't believe she answers to that! She said it's all he's ever called her so if she didn't answer she would never talk to her son. Whatever.
The one I hate the WORST is when someone says "ideal" when they mean "idea." I was an officer in a church singles group (where I met my DH, BTW) and the president ALWAYS was talking about "a great ideal" she had. It got to the point where I wanted to grab her shoulders and shout "it's IDEAH! I-D-E-A! You sound like an ignorant hick!" But I held my tongue (she could have beaten me up, LOL!)

Oh, thought of another one. Anyone that uses the "n" word. I don't care what race you are, or whether it ends in 'er' or 'a', I hate that word. No one should ever use that word.

Originally Posted by Fataliya /img/forum/go_quote.gif Cracka-lackin' makes me cringe.

haha,my mom says crackalackin all the time,and im kinda whispering to myself "yeah,mum,you used to be crack-a-licking" hahaha,not exactly funny that when i was 3 i almost taken away from her because she was a crack head,but i laugh because she still looks like amy whinehouse.

she would say:
10.gif

ugghh i agree with all of those.

one that pisses me off is "whatever". like after someone says something and the person they're talking to will say that. it bothers me sooooo much when people say that to me. it's like they just brushed off what i just said.

another one is "no offense". like if you think saying something to someone might get them offended, it probably will, and you shouldn't say it. period.

Originally Posted by MaddyBoo718 /img/forum/go_quote.gif ugghh i agree with all of those.
one that pisses me off is "whatever". like after someone says something and the person they're talking to will say that. it bothers me sooooo much when people say that to me. it's like they just brushed off what i just said.

another one is "no offense". like if you think saying something to someone might get them offended, it probably will, and you shouldn't say it. period.

Haha, I agree!
Kinda like people that start out the convo by saying "I'm not trying to be rude but...."

Uh, yeah, you are, otherwise you wouldn't say it, lol.

When someone says I'm gonna crunch some numbers, hate, hate this expression. I don't know why but it really gets up my nose.

lol I call everyone boo. :/ Oddly enough, NOT my bf, but I call coworkers and friends that haha. I guess it seems odd coming from me, so people seem to enjoy it.

I hate when guys (well, it's almost always a guy) say "that's what she said" after a sentence. Shut up already!

See the meaning here if you are unfamiliar: Urban Dictionary: that's what she said

mizfit that would drive me crazy 'thats what she said'.. i guess there would be times i'd have a giggle at that but i'd get sick of it reallllllly quick.

I hate the word "chillax" uuuuugh!!! Who came up w/that crap? Either say chill or relax, they mean they saaame thing. Saying them together doesn't help extend your expressing of how much you feel that person needs to calm down. It sounds like a joke, not like your being serious. The word's just dumb, combining it makes you sound dumber, not smarter LoL.

Oh yes! And how can I forget "finna"? either say "going to" or "gonna"...I've been told "finna" derived from the phrase "fixin' to" (ex. "I'm fixin' to go to town today..." now said "I'm finna go to town today"), which is okay but something about finna, it's hella ghetto. I feel people use it to try to be "hip" or "up to date" w/their slang, when it's used it sounds so forced. It like REALLY bugs me.

Never say chillax or finna in front of me, I'll give you crap for it LoL.

Originally Posted by MorrisonsMaenad /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hate the word "chillax" uuuuugh!!! Who came up w/that crap? Either say chill or relax, they mean they saaame thing. Saying them together doesn't help extend your expressing of how much you feel that person needs to calm down. It sounds like a joke, not like your being serious. The word's just dumb, combining it makes you sound dumber, not smarter LoL.
Oh yes! And how can I forget "finna"? either say "going to" or "gonna"...I've been told "finna" derived from the phrase "fixin' to" (ex. "I'm fixin' to go to town today..." now said "I'm finna go to town today"), which is okay but something about finna, it's hella ghetto. I feel people use it to try to be "hip" or "up to date" w/their slang, when it's used it sounds so forced. It like REALLY bugs me.

Never say chillax or finna in front of me, I'll give you crap for it LoL.

ahh!!!!!! all of its true!!!!! dude,you are so from nor-cal,you say "hella".in so-cal "hella" is totally not used because of all the beverly hills barbies....i say hella because im sorta kinda from nor-cal....i think its kinda stupid,people have the right to say whatever word they want,even from what ever region in cali they are from.....god...all the stupidness.

Originally Posted by retroxxkittie /img/forum/go_quote.gif ahh!!!!!! all of its true!!!!! dude,you are so from nor-cal,you say "hella".in so-cal "hella" is totally not used because of all the beverly hills barbies....i say hella because im sorta kinda from nor-cal....i think its kinda stupid,people have the right to say whatever word they want,even from what ever region in cali they are from.....god...all the stupidness. Haha yes San Francisco and pround. And I love "hella" haha. I don't care, I'm so SoCal at heart, but I can't shy away from hella I'm so used to saying that word. I'd rather say "hella" than "a grip" or "all kinds of..." as in "That girl has HELLA booty" instead of "that girl has a grip/ all kinds of booty"...hella sounds better to me LoL. No offense to those who use a grip/all kinds of just a personal preference.

Originally Posted by MorrisonsMaenad /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hate the word "chillax" uuuuugh!!! Who came up w/that crap? Either say chill or relax, they mean they saaame thing. LOL I heard one of the moms @ my son's gym class say this recently and I was like what the heck? I thought it was total cornball.
the shortened form of probably annoys me: when people use "prolly"

Originally Posted by SimplyElegant /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't like when girls refer to their boyfriends as their man. It just bugs me. Also when every second or third word is a swear word. It just sounds really awful. I hate that!!!!especially when on reality tv shows all thos girls are like "Im going to fite for my man" or "Ima get a date w. my man tonite!!" ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! They aren't even really dating them!!!!!

Latest posts

Back