Terms that Irritate You

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate hate hate hate hate "baby" hell, I hate 90% of the words used as terms of endearment to women that men dont know.

I have always found it disgusting for a man to talk that personal to a woman that he never met.

Racial slurs such as n***** are the worst! I live in Louisiana now and when Barack Obama won on November 4, someone showed me a text message with that racial slur. I told him I was offended and that I expected more from him. Also I made it known if I see anything like that again I am going to take a trip to Human Resources.

Oh wow, I am so sorry to hear that Angela.
hug.gif

I do not like it when people say "that is so retarded" or "that is so gay" that never has set well with me.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Whatever ...
biggrin.gif
hahahaha... Very funny, Aude!!

I also hate Grand Parents being called Papaw and Memaw.... or some derivation... or deviation... lol

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif aww man pee-paw is my word!! Sorry... Baby!!!
biggrin.gif

I am not one thats normally bothers easily.. but using the phrase homo.. or sometimes just mo. usually bothers me.

i'm not sure this is said everywhere, but i know it's rampant in south florida.i HATE the slang "bro."

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol ozee, I'm a total 'skip' - haven't heard that word in AAAGES
sometimes I'll use my super aussie accent as a joke, I find it enjoyable - I mean, I was born here, I'm an Aussie! It's my perogative to sound like a bogan if I want!

I hate it when people call Aussies, Ossy. I know it LOOKS like it's said that way. But we're oz-e's. LOL

Oh you total bogan :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hehehe

yeah Oz-ee...hence my nickname lol

Im born here too just different blood line (1st generation aussie! woot!) so i still can pull off the bogan lol.. But my dh is total import and he loves the words like cook and cuppa... my aunty married a bogan and he uses those terms so husband learnt from him hehehe...

hahah, Ozee, that is TOO CUTE! lol, Maybe I can find a Significant Other that will accept me for all my bogan ways!

Originally Posted by Bexy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I do not like it when people say "that is so retarded" or "that is so gay" that never has set well with me. Completely Agree!!! I could actually kill my husband because he is the WORST at that. And it just rolls off his tongue without his brain even getting a chance to stop him... his cousin, who happens to be my favorite person ever, is gay... and he'll say it a hundred times, even after I slap him upside the head everytime he does it.I hate Aiight or Aw-ite... I don't know what's hard about that L in Alright.

and on a personal note- I have come to hate the word "manifest" because my in-laws watched "The Secret" too many times and use that word in the wrong context all the time!

Originally Posted by Bexy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I do not like it when people say "that is so retarded" or "that is so gay" that never has set well with me. I'm guilty of this but it annoys me as well when people use the word retarded a lot.Especially my sister being mentally-retarded, it kinda sucks when I read someone calling another person a retard. Like, I don't mind so much "that is so retarded/gay" but refering to someone as that is meh. No me gusta. Just like when white folks jokingly start saying "nigga/nicca/nucka" to one another (like in terms of saying bro or dude) but you KNOW they won't say to me or if I'm around.

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm confused (can happen easily)
I understand the Aussie stereotypes that are perpetuated (mate, barbie, gday) , too much Crocodile Dundee and Outback Restaurants here i suppose. Is that even an Australian menu because the decor is just generic with a few boomerangs thrown up. I wonder what an Aussie might say if they walked into an Outback? or for that matter the car?

I don't get the thing about ghetto. why would a woman with 4 kids be ghetto?

I hate when people use a term to mean entirely something different. Like money, a basketball may make a shot and the announcer says "that shot is money! "

another one fixin' as in "I'm fixin' to go get me a steak."

and since when did Ass go from being a part of the body, or a donkey to a derogatory expression for a person. "He's such an ass."

THis one i like "Can you dig it?" . yes i can (secretly wish i was around for the 60s)

lol those outback restaraunts are so un-Australian it's not funny! We don't have meals like that AT all! It's all a portrayal of what someone thought our food might be like, or just given regular meals funny sounding vaguely aussie namesl.
The phrases, mate, barbie and g'day are all words that are often used by a lot of Australians, but not in a cheesy way, the way that a lot of movies like Crocodile Dundee portray. I am incredibly embarassed by those style of movies. They make out that Australians are uneducated, poorly spoken and uncultured, nothing could be furthur from the truth, yes, like any country, we do have some dimwits, but obviously we're not all like that.

And onto a particular phrase I can't stand "who all was there?" That is a really badly put together sentence. "who was there?" would suffice!

when people say to me, "can i lend a..." instead of "can i borrow a" it really PISSES ME OFF. you don't lend the item if you're not the one providing it. I lend you the item, you borrow it from me. it's GRAMMATICALLY WRONG.

sorry. it really gets on my nerves.

I hate when people say "irregardless." That makes no sense! Also, yesterday my friend's girlfriend called him honey boo baby pie...altogether...and she was serious. I was so disgusted, lol.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sorry... Baby!!!
biggrin.gif
LMAO you guys are too funny
rofl.gif

Back