Test Tube by New Beauty - 3rd quarter - July, August, September

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the QVC version has sent out an iPad code in the past.
Really? Any idea where it was located at?

It was in my last box I think and it was on a postcard type card. I might have mine put away some place but the code is a series of #s to input into the magazine app once you download it from the Apple Store.

Originally Posted by clchild /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone used the Mally Liquid lipstick yet?  Is it sticky, like a gloss, or does it have a less shiny texture?  If it's essentially a gloss I know I'm not interested in it and will trade, but I'd rather not push up the color unless I think I might definitely want to keep it...  Thanks!
I've used it a few times and I'd say it's a gloss. 

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a genuine curiosity about plastic surgery before and afters, though I'm not sure I'd ever have PS myself, so I actually like that part. LOL.
I can't stop myself from looking either!  I thought that I'd do PS maybe, if I needed it, in the future or maybe not, no big feelings either way.  Then I had a semi-emergency surgery, done laparoscopically and thought, "No way!  I'm never having elective surgery!  I don't want to go through the pain again, ever, if I can help it".

It's one of the things that keeps me from handing off my magazine to just anyone here, though, funnily enough.  And magazines are like gold here, they're not sold on the island and are very hard to find secondhand.  I'm not sure how Belizean women would feel about pics of topless women in their mags, wouldn't want their sons to accidentally peek.  Although breasts here are no big deal, breast feeding is very public and for the baby, no shame, no worries, just easy, like it should be (IMHO).  Bikinis, however, are seen as a little risque and more for the visitors/tourists, I wear mine sometimes and sometimes if someone is a little more buttoned up I cover up more, just to make them comfortable.  I want to respect their culture.  I suppose I could give my magazines to a fellow expat.  I just don't want Belizean women to think that all American women are like that, able to afford the craziest of everything and anything and flaunting all they've got.  I have seen some gorgeous young Belizean girls flaunting their (amazing) stuff, so it's an age thing too.  Isn't it always?  I like learning about beauty cultures of the world.

I was just at a two day yoga workshop. One of the other attendees had obviously had some serious work on her face. She looked just a friend's mom who has had serious work. All I could think about was whether she still recognized her own darn face!

I have the New Beauty Magazine Code from the Makeover Issue, it's the one with Kate Beckinsale on the cover.  The download code is for iPad if anyone didn't get one or is curious and wants to read it for free, you can contact me.  I didn't use it, so it should be good. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you for your all comments!
redface.gif

We are always trying to make the TestTube as good as it can be, and your comments will help us make it the best beauty sampling program available.

In this tube we focused on giving subscribers as many products as possible, with as much value as possible, and with more full-size products than we've ever had before.

Thanks again and please do not hesitate to contact us through the board if you have any questions or comments.

I have to say I'm happy about the iPad code that came in my box a quarter or two ago. When I travel I tend to pull out my iPad to read my magazine subscriptions instead of a heavy paper magazine which I've had to throw away at times because it doesn't fit my carry on and the person at the gate is being mean and won't let me carry it on as a "third" carry one (this was the case when I was coming home from CPNA and had to scramble to get ALL my literature into my carry ons and ended up throwing things away that I needed.

Is there a way in future boxes to opt out of getting a physical magazine if we already have a digital subscription?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to say I'm happy about the iPad code that came in my box a quarter or two ago. When I travel I tend to pull out my iPad to read my magazine subscriptions instead of a heavy paper magazine which I've had to throw away at times because it doesn't fit my carry on and the person at the gate is being mean and won't let me carry it on as a "third" carry one (this was the case when I was coming home from CPNA and had to scramble to get ALL my literature into my carry ons and ended up throwing things away that I needed.

Is there a way in future boxes to opt out of getting a physical magazine if we already have a digital subscription?
Hello zadidoll,

It's definitely something we've talked about doing, as we've seen a number of people who have said they'd like this option. We're currently working on a new TestTube website that will allow us to do this, but at this time we don't have the ability on the current platform.

Hello zadidoll, It's definitely something we've talked about doing, as we've seen a number of people who have said they'd like this option. We're currently working on a new TestTube website that will allow us to do this, but at this time we don't have the ability on the current platform.
Very nice to hear this! I love having the subscription on my iPad and am thrilled that you included the code in the box. I always feel wasteful having the actual magazine from this tube plus the qvc tube.

I am wondering if any of you girls have had trouble with your Neutrogena concealer? It worked well the first time I used it with dispensing the product and only a little extra (that always seems to happen with the pen twist tubes) but the next time I went to use it, it didn't dispense any product until I clicked it several time and then it gushed out. Once that was finished, the same thing happened again! Do I have a faulty tube?? I have never had this happen with any other product in this type of packaging. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I do like the concealer though, I use my normal concealer under my eyes and then a bit of this to brighten it up. It seems to have good staying power, I am surprised how well it works. Also, my LashFood was almost empty! By the third night there seems to be nothing in there. I got this in a tube forever ago and it lasted quite awhile, I loooove this product and am so disappointed. Honestly that was part of why I got this tube :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, my LashFood was almost empty! By the third night there seems to be nothing in there. I got this in a tube forever ago and it lasted quite awhile, I loooove this product and am so disappointed. Honestly that was part of why I got this tube
biggrin.gif
Ahhh, I'm so glad someone else experienced this! My LashFood was definitely almost empty when I opened it. I turned the tube upside down because I thought maybe I was missing something, but no, it was definitely empty 
icon_sad.gif

I won the Test Tube contest here on MUT so essentially mine was free and I didn't feel it was appropriate to contact anyone about it, but I'm glad I don't have to be left wondering about it.

Any standouts from the New Beauty Test Tube for anyone?  Mine is the Neutrogena under eye concealer.  It's one of the few under eye concealers I've tried that does not settle into fine lines and I like that it has SPF.  It's not a heavy duty concealer, but it does enough to make a difference for my eyes.

Hi Everyone! I am new in the forum. You all are extremely knowledgable about so many products, clubs and subs!  Quick question: I bought the new beauty magazine for poolside reading this summer on vacation-saw the test tube, and so it will begin!  Does anyone know when the 4th quarter bag is due to debut? I'd hate to buy the 3rd quarter one and get stuck with another magazine.  Thank you!

Hi Everyone! I am new in the forum. You all are extremely knowledgable about so many products, clubs and subs!  Quick question: I bought the new beauty magazine for poolside reading this summer on vacation-saw the test tube, and so it will begin!  Does anyone know when the 4th quarter bag is due to debut? I'd hate to buy the 3rd quarter one and get stuck with another magazine.  Thank you!
It should be in the next couple weeks, early Oct.

It looks like I've been charged.  The estimated shipping date is 10/3.  I haven't seen any info on this one.  I meant to take a look at the NB magazine when I was at Target but it totally slipped my mind.

Back