Test Tube by New Beauty - 3rd quarter - July, August, September

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone else get just the regular its a 10 and not the one with keratin? I use the regular its a 10 but was looking fwd to trying the one with keratin but I got the regual one in my tube.
I also got the regular. I was one of the first people to get the box in the mail, so it's not like they ran out. And you're right, the pic shows the one with keratin.

It's not really an issue for me though because I've never tried this product before in any configuration, and am glad to get a chance to sample it. 

I'm pretty sure that that's the orientation of New Beauty magazine. Since the magazine came first...

I remember seeing it before I ever heard of the Test Tube, and it was the same.

Originally Posted by Shutterbug68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is anyone else bothered by the amount that the NewBeauty magazine talks about plastic surgery? I'm all for extensive beauty routines and even some drastic measures, but they talk about it so much it's almost like they're promoting it. And then they include a huge directory for plastic surgery doctors? Gives me a bad feeling. 
icon_neutral.gif
The QVC version of the magazine doesn't have all the plastic surgery ads but the one in the New Beauty box AND the version sold at Barnes and Noble does contain those ads.

I have a genuine curiosity about plastic surgery before and afters, though I'm not sure I'd ever have PS myself, so I actually like that part. LOL.

Did anyone notice that the spa look cards just say special offer now instead of gift card?  Guess they figured out that was kind of false advertising.

I got a Test Tube this quarter anyway, because I guess I cancelled after it shipped but they let me keep it. That was possibly the best thing they ever could have done because I learned a valuable lesson here, do NOT judge products before you use them. This Test Tube has been incredibly valuable to me! I'm seeing results from a week or so of Lash Food (it seems to work well for some, not so well for others, like all lash conditioners) and that Olay sample? WINNER! It feels like a makeup primer going on, fabulous stuff. I got a gorgeous color of Mally, I'm using and loving the Lumene cream every night and that leave-in conditioner smells great and has left my hair like silk. I haven't used any of the other stuff yet but seriously, this box exceeded my expectations. I will be resubscribing. 

I tried the hydroxatone today, and it irritates my skin, so those are up for trade.  It did make my wrinkles diminish, but left a weird coating and as soon as I put moisturizer on the effects went away.  So I really don't get how you are supposed to use it.

I got a Test Tube this quarter anyway, because I guess I cancelled after it shipped but they let me keep it. That was possibly the best thing they ever could have done because I learned a valuable lesson here, do NOT judge products before you use them. This Test Tube has been incredibly valuable to me! I'm seeing results from a week or so of Lash Food (it seems to work well for some, not so well for others, like all lash conditioners) and that Olay sample? WINNER! It feels like a makeup primer going on, fabulous stuff. I got a gorgeous color of Mally, I'm using and loving the Lumene cream every night and that leave-in conditioner smells great and has left my hair like silk. I haven't used any of the other stuff yet but seriously, this box exceeded my expectations. I will be resubscribing. 
I love lash food, I will be so sad if I don't getting as an extra, my box will be here next week. Kinda funny, the first time I used it I thought it wasn't working but turns out the bottoms of my lashes were just getting a bit darker/thicker and it made the tips of my very light lashes less noticable. There was a very noticable difference one I curled my lashes and put mascara on, it really works! Oh, and I only applied at night.

I started using the Lash Food last night.  I took a "before" picture so I can see if there is really any difference. 

I've got a lash growth product from Peter Thomas Roth that I have used intermittently.  My problem is I forget to use them every night.

I had a lash food sample a few months ago, and used it every day for like a month, and nothing seemed to change. I still kept using it, 'cause I figured, what could it hurt. Then around 6 weeks in, whoa, holy lashes!

I'm not too happy with the magazine. Most of the weight of the box is from the heavy magazine. Besides that? The before and after pictures are absolutely ridiculous and most of the products are very expensive. I'm wondering what other people think of the magazine. It went straight into my recycling bin after I looked through it.

I agree with you and posted elsewhere already how I didn't like the magazine. If you really look at the before and after pictures you see that the before always has a person, in one actual case with a frown, with bad lighting, no or little makeup and the after pictures always have good makeup and far better lighting. It's one thing to show nice surgery results but the silly before shots negate the after pictures.

Yeah, I don't like it either, but I think it's one of the "products" so I guess we have to deal. It's available without the tube at the newsstand, I believe.

Originally Posted by Claudia Marcus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not too happy with the magazine. Most of the weight of the box is from the heavy magazine. Besides that? The before and after pictures are absolutely ridiculous and most of the products are very expensive. I'm wondering what other people think of the magazine. It went straight into my recycling bin after I looked through it.

I don't mine the magazine, I have learned some new things from it like why certain ingredients in products work the way that they do. It's not something I would buy on its own but as its included, I always read it.

If I had a choice I would take cheaper shipping over having the magazine included. Or it would be nice if it included a code to just view it on the iPad without a subscription.

Originally Posted by Shutterbug68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is anyone else bothered by the amount that the NewBeauty magazine talks about plastic surgery? I'm all for extensive beauty routines and even some drastic measures, but they talk about it so much it's almost like they're promoting it. And then they include a huge directory for plastic surgery doctors? Gives me a bad feeling. 
icon_neutral.gif
I cannot stand the magazine. It feels like one giant ad for products only celebrities can afford and cosmetic surgery. I flip through it for a couple minutes, and immediately throw it out every time. It sucks because I get two a quarter, between this sub and QVC. I wish there was an option to have the product subscription without the magazine.

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I had a choice I would take cheaper shipping over having the magazine included. Or it would be nice if it included a code to just view it on the iPad without a subscription.
I think the QVC version has sent out an iPad code in the past.

Has anyone used the Mally Liquid lipstick yet?  Is it sticky, like a gloss, or does it have a less shiny texture?  If it's essentially a gloss I know I'm not interested in it and will trade, but I'd rather not push up the color unless I think I might definitely want to keep it...  Thanks!

Back