Test Tube by New Beauty - 3rd quarter - July, August, September

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last month was awesome.  This month, I don't get the sense that I have some sort of inside scoop on the beauty pulse.  

After I previewd it, I felt like I just went to CVS or Walmart - spent $25 for some inexpensive basics that I wouldn't be too upset about if I lost while traveling, stoped off at the beauty kiosk at the mall & got one tiny sample from the 'enthusiastic boardering on aggressive' sales staff, got a nice lipshine for full price and received a travel-size hair sample that's not really suitable from the drawing at my stylist's place... which I'll gift or trade.

Where's the perfume, glamour, pamper and excitment?  I'm not feeling the love in this one :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...  Okay maybe I'm just grouchy and need to go to bed early... yeah I canceled too.

I'm curious to see if the QVC might have a different offering. 

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

not super excited about this one. quite a letdown after the spring TT, in my opinion.  my account shows it's not shipping until 8/18 though. wonder if those with "tenure" get theirs before the rest of us who haven't been subs as long?
My account showed it wasn't shipping until 8/5, which was exactly 3 months after my first order, so the computer may just automatically make it 3 mo later for new people.  However, I was billed yesterday, so I'm thinking all current subscribers were billed yesterday and TT's will be shipped at the same time.   Just guessing though.  If I hadn't cancelled and was billed yesterday, and it wasn't shipped until 8/5, I would not have been happy.

I may sign up again in the future, I was just feeling "subbed" out and cancelled ( I also cancelled SS and my tanning yesterday - must be a mood).  I guess I did it at the right time because I won't feel bad about missing this.

I caved and peeked at the samples.  There are actually a few items I'm interested in trying, so I'll keep an open mind. 

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm curious to see if the QVC might have a different offering. 

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

It does, according to the ad in NEW BEAUTY. I posted the items in another thread, and it definitely looks more to my taste than the NB one does.

Question about the spalook gift card - are there restrictions on it?   Like do you have to spend so much in order to use it?  This will be my first time receiving Test Tube.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Question about the spalook gift card - are there restrictions on it?   Like do you have to spend so much in order to use it?  This will be my first time receiving Test Tube.
Yep, it's a coupon, not really a gift card.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes. $20 off $100, $50 off $200. These are promo codes not gift cards and must be entered on their site as promo codes and cannot be used with other specials.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes. $20 off $100, $50 off $200. These are promo codes not gift cards and must be entered on their site as promo codes and cannot be used with other specials.

Thanks!  Not as good as I was hoping, but better than nothing, I guess.

I'm okay with this box. My ETA is 6/30.  It looks like a good box for us "mature" gals (except for the Olay Pro X clear complexion stuff). I can see why the young'uns aren't too jazzed, though.

My account says an August ship date, but I just got my ship notice today from UPS Quantum View.  A bit confusing.

I get the QVC one, too. These and BB are my faves.

Hi all.  I have an EDD of 7/3.  This is my second non QVC TT, but I may have gotten the earlier shipment due to the fact they sent my first box to the wrong state and then it took almost a month - with no response from the company before I got it.  I've had the Q version for longer, and some months am not wowed but sometimes what I would not think I want I actually like.  It's a crap shoot, I usually don't skip any months.   

I just got an email from Test Tube and they said they were mailing the Q3 shortly so I assumed they meant July but now I'm not sure.

I just got my Test Tube today and whoa, that was fast! There were more products in my box than were pictured, so those ladies who were disappointed by the contents can still hold out hope. I don't know if we're all getting the same extras, or if everyone even IS getting extras, but here is what I got:

First, I got everything in the box zadi posted.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

First look at what's inside the 3rd quarter box.

Lumene Time Freeze Firming Night Cream
Neutrogena® Rapid Wrinkle Repair™ Serum
It's a 10® Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin
Neutrogena® Brightening Eye Perfector
Mally® High Shine Liquid Lipstick
Hydroxatone® InstantEffect™
Olay® Pro-X Clear Complexion Renewing Lotion

And the extras I got were:

Ahava Essential Day Moisturizer .51 fl oz

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer .25 oz

Lashfood Eyelash Conditioner .05 oz

Jane Iredale Tantasia (no size listed, but I'd guess around .25 oz)

I have to say, they were a very nice surprise, and made the box much more worthwhile.

By the way, my Mally liquid lipstick came in the color Orchid, which is a very pretty dusty pink/mauve-y color. I swatched it on my hand, and the color is very, very opaque. It says in the booklet, that there are 2 other potential colors to receive, no names listed, but one is a summery pink, and one is a deeper plum. This is a full-size item that retails for $20, and this alone is making me feel better about the cost of the box.

My Neutrogena Brightening Perfector came in Buff, which I haven't tried yet, but looks like my color. These also are being sent in 3 other colors.
I hope everyone is surprised and likes their boxes!

Originally Posted by samplegal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my Test Tube today and whoa, that was fast! There were more products in my box than were pictured, so those ladies who were disappointed by the contents can still hold out hope. I don't know if we're all getting the same extras, or if everyone even IS getting extras, but here is what I got:

First, I got everything in the box zadi posted.

And the extras I got were:

Ahava Essential Day Moisturizer .51 fl oz

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer .25 oz

Lashfood Eyelash Conditioner .05 oz

Jane Iredale Tantasia (no size listed, but I'd guess around .25 oz)

I have to say, they were a very nice surprise, and made the box much more worthwhile.

By the way, my Mally liquid lipstick came in the color Orchid, which is a very pretty dusty pink/mauve-y color. I swatched it on my hand, and the color is very, very opaque. It says in the booklet, that there are 2 other potential colors to receive, no names listed, but one is a summery pink, and one is a deeper plum. This is a full-size item that retails for $20, and this alone is making me feel better about the cost of the box.

My Neutrogena Brightening Perfector came in Buff, which I haven't tried yet, but looks like my color. These also are being sent in 3 other colors.
I hope everyone is surprised and likes their boxes!
Knowing that Test Tube will have more products than in the ad is a huge relief for me.Did they send you a shipping notice?

Yes they did. A couple of days ago. In my account it says that I was supposed to get it in early July, but it showed up earlier.

My package ETA has been changed from 6/30 to Tues 7/3. However, it's already at my local UPS depot, so I expect it Monday. 
biggrin.gif

Looks great. Excited to get. To me, this sub is so worth it. I'd rather get this really good stuff quarterly for the same $ as BA or BB really than their lame boxes every month. This is my fave sub. I will use almost everything in there. I think last month's was even better with the full moroccanoil etc, but this is good.

I just canceled my sub before I saw this month, and I'm pretty glad I did. Not much about this one says "summer" to me. I like the Mally and of the extra products, I'd be interested in the lash food, but that isn't worth it to me. I'm sure it's a decent value for the money, if these are the right products for you.

I loved last quarter's tube, and maybe I'll pick it up again in fall or try the QVC one. 

Back