THE BEST AND WORST OF ELF

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The coverage and finish of the Flawless Finish Foundation is pretty decent. The intense fragrance has become a bit too much for me though and I doubt I will be repurchasing.

I have a few ELF faves!

If you can still find them at target, their holiday collection 30 eyeshadow palette is AMAZING. I have the one that has the green shadows in it, and it's so beautiful.  Super pigmented! I was shocked! 

I also like their baked eyeshadows if used wet or over a base. (I use maybelline color tattoos.)

Their Golden bronzer is beautiful as well!  I love some of their brushes but they fell apart more quickly than other brands. 

I love elf products. I always order their primers in bulk and certain lip glosses. I love giving them as gifts and my friends are always blown away. I spend more money than I would like to admit on makeup!! Ridiculous amounts where my fiancé has actually set me on a $500 a month budget (and that's hard for me to stay under!!) Back to the point: I have bad hormonal acne and tons of dark scarring because of trying out different birth control methods. I have tried bare minerals, Smash Box CC and BB cream, all of Mac foundations, cover sticks under layers of primer under layers of building foundation and I either looked cakey, a little off my color or my scars just showed right through. Exhausted from trying almost everything in sephora and Bloomingdales beauty department, I purchased ELF's maximum coverage concealer in sand as an impulse buy back in December when buying stocking stuffers for friends. I wish I tried it back them! I didn't even remember buying it until last week when I ran out of my concealer. I reluctantly put it on, thinking I would be overly disappointed, until I made it to sephora later in the day. Not only did I use only a dime sized amount (I always mix with my smash box primer) but it went on smooth and didn't show any of my fine lines. Best part? IT ACTUALLY WORKS AND LASTS ALL DAY!!! This container of $3 concealer works better than all mine combined (pricing between $30-$70!!!!!!) A lot of ELF's products are just your normal drug store makeup, but I am forever sold on this concealer!!!! And I've gotten so many more compliments on my skin and use less makeup everyday helps my skin breathe better and it's looking a lot better. Very pleased!!!

I love ELF, although their blushes aren't the best with a good primer you can make almost any eyeshadow look amazing. Their brushes are great for price. I don't like the lipgloss it's really sticky, the blush shampoo was great but I think I might stick to baby shampoo. The liner gel is the best I have in my kit and I always use that in clients as i find it gldes on really smoothly and I like the longer brush from elf as it has the angle on it which makes it so much easier!

@Jaime Kaiser I just bought the concealer today after I read your review on here. Due to genetics I have terrible under-eye area...it looks grayish-purple most of the time like I'm exhausted or something and it's really hard to cover up. I'm hoping this will work... we'll see lol.

Back