The French Valentines GlossyBox ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Fleur De Soleil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hy JC317 ! 

I can recommend you lots of thing because in France every places have "regional specialities". For example, in the north (near Belgium), we eat lots of a Maroilles Cheese.

I personally put the cheese on slices of bread in the oven. Toast the bread and cheese melts. I eat it with a salad and fries. You can drink Belgian beer with. It is delicious: p Otherwise, the cassoulet of Castelnaudary is very good. The veal stew, the stew, beef Bourguignon, steak frites, mussels and chips, pot au feu, aligot (specialty of the Auvergne), the "Quiche Lorraine" ... In France, there are so many dishes! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Juste try some meets :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I love Belgian beer, pommes frites, cheese of all kinds, French onion soup, and  macaroons. I will look for these foods so I can try them I love to try new foods. Thanks so much for all the help.

Hello Everyone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've just received my glossybox of march : "Glossy in the City", and I would like to share with you its content !   I hope you'll enjoy the video ! It's a HD video ! 
heart.gif

Coucou SunFlowerCake ! Merci pour ton long post en français cela m'a fait très plaisir ! Tu t'exprimes très bien ! Simplement quelques petites erreurs mais tout français te comprendrait ! Les quelques fautes que tu fais sont surtout les accents ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

St Louis est je crois une ville très jolie, il me semble qu'elle est jumelée avec Montpellier (j'ai failli partir là-bas étudier). Pour ce qui est de l'ÃŽle d'Orelon je connaissais mais uniquement de nom !! Ceci dit Google vient de m'apprendre que c'est là-bas que se trouve Ford Boyard x (si tu ne connais pas, il s'agit d'un jeu télévisé). 

Merci beaucoup de d'être abonnée à ma chaîne :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ! Es hat mich sehr gefreut !

Bis Bald
Coucou Fleur De Soleil!

I will write in English today because I feel I would have to look up to many words but please feel free to reply in French!

Fort Boyard is right off the coast of the Ile d'Oleron. I remember we would watch the show as kids each summer we were on the Island. It was neat driving by there when we crossed the bridge to get to the Island. Does this show still air? I had the the opportunity to visit the island with my husband as well and we both just love how friendly everyone was and of course the beaches and the food! I love the croissants in France. I have not been to any othe rcountry wher ethey taste the same! And the baguette of course. Where you can stop at a little cafe and eat a good fresh Sandwich made with fresh bread. I will watch your March box now!

A bientot!

I think overall I liked your box. It had an interesting variety. I have seen some spoilers on the March US Glossybox board as well for this month's box, however I have not received mine yet. What product did you lie best and did you think it worked with the theme?

Hello BeautyMadness !

Yes, these nail polish looks really fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I look forward to try them ! Maybe the one that you like could be better on a darker nail polish ? I will try it soon ! (Tomorrow ?)

I think i'm gonna make another video of nail art with these. I will share with you the result :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hello SunFlowerCake

Je trouve très drôle que tu aies vu Ford Boyard ! C'est une antiquité ahah mais qui passe toujours à la télé.

C'est vraiment agréable d'habiter en France pour la gastronomie !! Les baguettes, les pains de campagne, les bons petits plats... Je suis d'accord avec toi, les croissants sont vraiment très bons :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

About products : "What product did you lie best" I don't really understand but I think you mean :"What product did you love the most ?"

So I'm going to answer to that question :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really appreciate nail polish(es?) I'm curious about the result. And also the spray for hair, I've got quite long hair but I do not particularly cap. I still have the same hairstyles. So I want to try other things! This spray will be necessary!

It's too bad you have some spoilers ! It spoils much fun! Personally I'm always eager to know! The secret plays an important role in this type of concept for me. It's half of my pleasure !

Please tell me your products when you'll receive them ! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hello Everyone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've just received my glossybox of march : "Glossy in the City", and I would like to share with you its content !   I hope you'll enjoy the video ! It's a HD video ! 
heart.gif

Great box!  I loved the nail polish and the travel book. I am still waiting on my German glossybox for this month it should be here next week. 

Hello BeautyMadness !

Yes, these nail polish looks really fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I look forward to try them ! Maybe the one that you like could be better on a darker nail polish ? I will try it soon ! (Tomorrow ?)

I think i'm gonna make another video of nail art with these. I will share with you the result :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hello SunFlowerCake

Je trouve très drôle que tu aies vu Ford Boyard ! C'est une antiquité ahah mais qui passe toujours à la télé.

C'est vraiment agréable d'habiter en France pour la gastronomie !! Les baguettes, les pains de campagne, les bons petits plats... Je suis d'accord avec toi, les croissants sont vraiment très bons :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

About products : "What product did you lie best" I don't really understand but I think you mean :"What product did you love the most ?"

So I'm going to answer to that question :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really appreciate nail polish(es?) I'm curious about the result. And also the spray for hair, I've got quite long hair but I do not particularly cap. I still have the same hairstyles. So I want to try other things! This spray will be necessary!

It's too bad you have some spoilers ! It spoils much fun! Personally I'm always eager to know! The secret plays an important role in this type of concept for me. It's half of my pleasure !

Please tell me your products when you'll receive them ! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I think it would work on any polish as a top coat, it's black and white, both go with everything!! It's SO pretty, you can find swatches of it online :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> if you look up : L'oreal Colour Riche Confetti Top Coat swatch, or just click here ( link to google search results)

The polish swatches really do look neat. I think you can do a lot with it depending on how many coats you use. The only thing I do not like with any kind of glitter (or confetti polish in this case I guess) is taking it off again.
smileno.gif

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great box!  I loved the nail polish and the travel book. I am still waiting on my German glossybox for this month it should be here next week. 
Are you going to post a picture? I would love to see the German products. I am always checking if I know any of them
smile.gif

Hello SunFlowerCake

Salut Fleur de Soleil!

It is true, France has a lot of tasty food to try! I am not a seafood person but I know that you can get great seafood as well. What I love too is going to the little patisseries and pick out some yummy eclaires or croissants aux chocolat. My husband loves the little round pastries with the raisins in them. Mmmmh so good! I remember on the Island you could also get chi-chi at the markets and mascotte aux pomme or aux chocolat at the beach. There were always men running around selling them when they were freshly made. Is this something typical in France or maybe just for that region? I would love to try to make mascottes myself!

Now regarding the products: You got it right! I meant to say what products did you like. I always love nail polishes too. We had a purple OPI polish in the January box that had a sand texture and I would have never bought it myself- came to find out it looks perfect on the toes!
smilehappyyes.gif

I tend to get my box on Thursdays so maybe it will be waiting for me today after work. I will report on how I like the products.

Also: What is your favorite beautybrand to use? Anything that is typical French?

A bientot!

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The polish swatches really do look neat. I think you can do a lot with it depending on how many coats you use. The only thing I do not like with any kind of glitter (or confetti polish in this case I guess) is taking it off again.
smileno.gif
oh the suffering of removing glitter!

Are you going to post a picture? I would love to see the German products. I am always checking if I know any of them
smile.gif
Yes, I will post a pic. It should be here next week!

Hi JC327

I come from a little town by Darmstadt, close to Frankfurt. I liked that Ives Rocher was not very pricey for the products they offered. I loooove their hand lotion! A little goes a long way and it makes your hands so smooth. I also like a lot of their shower gels, the ones that smell more natural. I can honestly not talk about their make up. Their nail polish seems ok. However my mom just sent me some mascara and some mini lipsticks from Ives Rocher and I will let you know how I like it if you are interested!

Take care,

K

I have not tried too many things from Ives Rocher, seems like a good brand. Any product that you can recommend? What part of Germany are you from? I live in Stuttgart. 

Hi JC327

I come from a little town by Darmstadt, close to Frankfurt. I liked that Ives Rocher was not very pricey for the products they offered. I loooove their hand lotion! A little goes a long way and it makes your hands so smooth. I also like a lot of their shower gels, the ones that smell more natural. I can honestly not talk about their make up. Their nail polish seems ok. However my mom just sent me some mascara and some mini lipsticks from Ives Rocher and I will let you know how I like it if you are interested!

Take care,

K
I have not been to Darmstadt, but I have been to Frankfurt many times my sister in law is from Frankfurt. I have not tried too many beauty products here but I would like to try more. Let me know how you like the Ives Rocher makeup products. I want to start experimenting more, that was one of the biggest reasons I got glossybox in the hopes that I can discover more German products.

Hi JC327,

I remember when I came to visit 3 years ago we went to Frankfurt to the Zeil. I used to go with my family twice or so a year to go shopping.

I will try some of the products tomorrow and let you know what I think. Do you have a DM in your area? Or a Rossman? They tend to have products that are more inexpensive such as essence. I bought a little essence eye palette during my visit and it is still holding strong! The colors are very pigmented.

Take care,

K

I have not been to Darmstadt, but I have been to Frankfurt many times my sister in law is from Frankfurt. I have not tried too many beauty products here but I would like to try more. Let me know how you like the Ives Rocher makeup products. I want to start experimenting more, that was one of the biggest reasons I got glossybox in the hopes that I can discover more German products.

Hello SunFlowerCake !

Les patisseries sont de vrais péchés mignons !! Mon père a été pâtissier et pour mon anniversaire m'a fait des religieuses au café et des éclairs au café (de loin mes préférés).

Ce que ton mari adore, ce sont des pains aux raisins ! Personnellement je n'aime pas trop les raisins dans les gateaux mais il est vrai que c'est un classique !

Les vendeurs que tu as vu sur les plages tu les trouves partout en France ! Ils vendent des boissons fraîches, glaces, beignets, bonbons, cafés.. C'est vraiment plaisant ! (Mais assez cher !)

Est ce que là où tu habites il y a des petites merveilles ? Parles moi des bonnes choses que tu aimes manger :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Pour les marques de Boîte Beauté, la glossybox est la 1ère que j'essaie mais dans quelques mois quand mon abonnement sera terminée j'enchaînerais sur la "JolieBox". Qui est une autre boîte à beauté connue et qui est française il me semble.

Il y a également Betrousse et Ma Boîte à Beauté. Je pense que ce sont des Box françaises, mais sans en être sûre. Je pourrais te dire une fois que j'aurais essayer les deux mon avis :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Et toi ? As-tu déjà essayé d'autres box ?

Salut Fleur de Soleil!

It is true, France has a lot of tasty food to try! I am not a seafood person but I know that you can get great seafood as well. What I love too is going to the little patisseries and pick out some yummy eclaires or croissants aux chocolat. My husband loves the little round pastries with the raisins in them. Mmmmh so good! I remember on the Island you could also get chi-chi at the markets and mascotte aux pomme or aux chocolat at the beach. There were always men running around selling them when they were freshly made. Is this something typical in France or maybe just for that region? I would love to try to make mascottes myself!

Now regarding the products: You got it right! I meant to say what products did you like. I always love nail polishes too. We had a purple OPI polish in the January box that had a sand texture and I would have never bought it myself- came to find out it looks perfect on the toes!
smilehappyyes.gif

I tend to get my box on Thursdays so maybe it will be waiting for me today after work. I will report on how I like the products.

Also: What is your favorite beautybrand to use? Anything that is typical French?

A bientot!

Back