The French Valentines GlossyBox ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi JC327,

I remember when I came to visit 3 years ago we went to Frankfurt to the Zeil. I used to go with my family twice or so a year to go shopping.

I will try some of the products tomorrow and let you know what I think. Do you have a DM in your area? Or a Rossman? They tend to have products that are more inexpensive such as essence. I bought a little essence eye palette during my visit and it is still holding strong! The colors are very pigmented.

Take care,

K
Hallo Liebe K,

I have a DM near me and I love it. I also have Mueller. They have a big display of essence products in DM I have tried a few things and I have

found them to be of good quality. They have a new collection that I think I will be trying out soon. I would love to hear how your products work out for you.

I will keep you informed of any new discoveries I make.

Tschüss!

Jay

Originally Posted by Fleur De Soleil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

JC327, möchte ich auch auf Ihre glossybox sehen!
 Bonjour Fleur De Soleil,

Ma boîte devrait être ici cette semaine. Je vais vous dire ce que je reçois.

A bientôt!

Jay

Hi Jay,

I tried the mascara (sorry I am missing its name right now) and it was not bad. The lipsticks are nice, creamy but won't stay super long (onece you eat and drink). I usually like their nail polish at Ives Rocher, they tend to stay and you can get the mini versions to try. Another thing I like from Ives Rocher: they have this rewards thing, kind of like a Starbucks. You get stamps for our purchase and then free stuff when your card is full. They also constantly sent coupons for stuff in the mail as well as birthday product coupons. The free stuff is not always great but sometimes they do have neat things.

I used to love DM and the products they carry. let us know how you like the new collection!

Take care,

K

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hallo Liebe K,

I have a DM near me and I love it. I also have Mueller. They have a big display of essence products in DM I have tried a few things and I have

found them to be of good quality. They have a new collection that I think I will be trying out soon. I would love to hear how your products work out for you.

I will keep you informed of any new discoveries I make.

Tschüss!

Jay

Salut Fleur De Soleil!

That looks delicious! You are lucky that your father likes to make the pastries. My husband likes to bake cakes, which I enjoy
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately where I live there are not so many cafes where you sit outside as in France. You find little bakeries but you have to find which ones are really good. What is popular here is cupcakes. They seem to have cupcake shops everywhere in the city!

I am only subscribed to Glossybox right now. I think this is enough for me for now to find out about new products. I enjoy learning about new products and brands!

I am still waiting on this month's box but I will tell you what I got when it arrived!

Take care,

K

Hello SunFlowerCake !

Les patisseries sont de vrais péchés mignons !! Mon père a été pâtissier et pour mon anniversaire m'a fait des religieuses au café et des éclairs au café (de loin mes préférés).

Ce que ton mari adore, ce sont des pains aux raisins ! Personnellement je n'aime pas trop les raisins dans les gateaux mais il est vrai que c'est un classique !

Les vendeurs que tu as vu sur les plages tu les trouves partout en France ! Ils vendent des boissons fraîches, glaces, beignets, bonbons, cafés.. C'est vraiment plaisant ! (Mais assez cher !)

Est ce que là où tu habites il y a des petites merveilles ? Parles moi des bonnes choses que tu aimes manger :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Pour les marques de Boîte Beauté, la glossybox est la 1ère que j'essaie mais dans quelques mois quand mon abonnement sera terminée j'enchaînerais sur la "JolieBox". Qui est une autre boîte à beauté connue et qui est française il me semble.

Il y a également Betrousse et Ma Boîte à Beauté. Je pense que ce sont des Box françaises, mais sans en être sûre. Je pourrais te dire une fois que j'aurais essayer les deux mon avis :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Et toi ? As-tu déjà essayé d'autres box ?

Hi Jay,

I tried the mascara (sorry I am missing its name right now) and it was not bad. The lipsticks are nice, creamy but won't stay super long (onece you eat and drink). I usually like their nail polish at Ives Rocher, they tend to stay and you can get the mini versions to try. Another thing I like from Ives Rocher: they have this rewards thing, kind of like a Starbucks. You get stamps for our purchase and then free stuff when your card is full. They also constantly sent coupons for stuff in the mail as well as birthday product coupons. The free stuff is not always great but sometimes they do have neat things.

I used to love DM and the products they carry. let us know how you like the new collection!

Take care,

K
Hallo K:

Thank you for all the info!  I will try to go to an Ives Rocher store and check out what they have. I will post here if I get any thing new.

Tschüss!

Jay

Hy Everyone !

I've got a question for you !

I want to translate this sentence from french to english :

"Le gâteau que j'aurais aimé si j'avais été française"

I think about : "the cake I would have liked if I had been French"

Is this sentence correct ? Can you help me with this ?

Thanks !!

Hy Everyone !

I've got a question for you !

I want to translate this sentence from french to english :

"Le gâteau que j'aurais aimé si j'avais été française"

I think about : "the cake I would have liked if I had been French"

Is this sentence correct ? Can you help me with this ?

Thanks !!
Hi,

Maybe you can say: " The cake that I would have liked if I were French"

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi,

Maybe you can say: " The cake that I would have liked if I were French"

Hope this helps.
That or "I would have liked the cake if I was French." maybe?

That or "I would have liked the cake if I was French." maybe?
Yes, that works too.

Hello everyone. So  my March US Glossybox arrived today. Always a fun thing to come home to after work! After last month's fail box I am pleasantly surprised. The theme was spring fling.

I got a Prestiche Soap in eucalyptus (not a very pleasant scent.) and a $40 certificate for Prestiche - you might have heard reviews about it. The cheapest product on the side is the soap for $16.99. Shipping is $12.00. The soap is smaller than my hand and I have tiny hands!

I also got the Model Co. Lip& Cheek due stain in a nice pink color. Everyone got this and it is full size.

An elite eyeliner - this product is supposed to be from paris and go on very smooth - I want to try it tomorrow!

The Kho Gen Do emollient cream - the full size is $123 and this is a nice size sample, not a foil pack.

The last item is a Sebastien Hairspray. I can always use some hairspray for when I put my hair up so that will work.

This has not been the most exciting box but besides the soap they are all products I will use which is great!!

Take care everyone! A bientot - bis bald!

K

Hello everyone. So  my March US Glossybox arrived today. Always a fun thing to come home to after work! After last month's fail box I am pleasantly surprised. The theme was spring fling.

I got a Prestiche Soap in eucalyptus (not a very pleasant scent.) and a $40 certificate for Prestiche - you might have heard reviews about it. The cheapest product on the side is the soap for $16.99. Shipping is $12.00. The soap is smaller than my hand and I have tiny hands!

I also got the Model Co. Lip& Cheek due stain in a nice pink color. Everyone got this and it is full size.

An elite eyeliner - this product is supposed to be from paris and go on very smooth - I want to try it tomorrow!

The Kho Gen Do emollient cream - the full size is $123 and this is a nice size sample, not a foil pack.

The last item is a Sebastien Hairspray. I can always use some hairspray for when I put my hair up so that will work.

This has not been the most exciting box but besides the soap they are all products I will use which is great!!

Take care everyone! A bientot - bis bald!

K
Hello SunFlowerCake !

Thank you to share with us the content of your box ! It looks great ! 

I think that The Kho Gen Do emollient cream - the full size is $123 and the Sebastien Hairspray shoud be the best. What do you think ?

Did you try them (these ?) ?

Hello everyone! This is my German glossybox for the month of March. It was the 2nd anniversary for glossybox in Germany. Overall I was very happy with my box. I got: Alessandro nail polish a gold glitter doesn't have a name Da Vinci mineral shimmer in Mona Lisa Kryolan glamour glowin natural tan Menard herb mask Rene Furterer Paris okara protect color spray Tay bar soap in clean orange Also I got a traveling book and instead of a box this month they sent a traveling bag.

Hello JC327 ! The travelling bag looks good but I think I prefer a box. Your GB look really nice ! Are you happy with what you got ?  I'm curious about the Kryolan glamour glowing natural tan. Do you use tan for your make up ?

Hello JC327 ! The travelling bag looks good but I think I prefer a box. Your GB look really nice ! Are you happy with what you got ?  I'm curious about the Kryolan glamour glowing natural tan. Do you use tan for your make up ?
Bonjour Fleur De Soleil, I was overall happy with what I got. I also got my husband the glossybox man box and he had a great box. I don't  use tan for my make up but I am willing to give it a try. Maybe I can use it for contouring or mixing with something else. A lot of people here in Germany were unhappy with their travel bag, for me its ok to get something different every once in a while. I wonder if the traveling bag will show up in the American or in the French glossybox since they seem to recycle their products.

I like your items! The bag might be a nice change to the boxes but I got enough bags myself. We had the DaVinci Shadow last month, unfortunately mine is quite dark but was advertised as a highlighter. What was your favorite product? Also have any of you heard about April's theme for your box?

Hello everyone! This is my German glossybox for the month of March. It was the 2nd anniversary for glossybox in Germany. Overall I was very happy with my box. I got: Alessandro nail polish a gold glitter doesn't have a name Da Vinci mineral shimmer in Mona Lisa Kryolan glamour glowin natural tan Menard herb mask Rene Furterer Paris okara protect color spray Tay bar soap in clean orange Also I got a traveling book and instead of a box this month they sent a traveling bag.

I like your items! The bag might be a nice change to the boxes but I got enough bags myself. We had the DaVinci Shadow last month, unfortunately mine is quite dark but was advertised as a highlighter. What was your favorite product? Also have any of you heard about April's theme for your box?
I haven't tried all the products yet, so far the nail polish is my favorite. I also got a Da Vinci shadow last month in my American glossybox. The theme for April is work that beauty. I'm curious what we will be getting.

They just sent a spoiler e-mail for one product in the US Glossy box. Did you get it?

They just sent a spoiler e-mail for one product in the US Glossy box. Did you get it?
I just saw it in the Glossybox thread. We haven't gotten it in Germany that I know of, but I am super excited to get in in my American box.

If you love spoilers ( I cannot even wait to give my family birthday/ Christmas gifts haha...) they just posted another one on the US glossybox Apri thread. They started a whole April Glossybox group but I think you were already on there :)

Back