The French Valentines GlossyBox ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you love spoilers ( I cannot even wait to give my family birthday/ Christmas gifts haha...) they just posted another one on the US glossybox Apri thread. They started a whole April Glossybox group but I think you were already on there :)
I'm already on it, I will go check it out thanks! I am so bad about waiting to give anyone gifts I just want them to have it or I want to tell them about it lol.

Hello Everyone !!

In a previous message I spoke about french meal ! Well, this is a video wherein I show you the toast with maroilles !! It's a "repas du nord" a meal that we eat in the north of the France ! Delicious 
wub.gif

Hy !

I received my Glossybox today! I'm happy even if I got an anti-aging night cream in full size. Not really usefull in my case. I don't know why GlossyBox gives anti-aging cream in the age group of 20-25 years old haha. Did you try Boot Laboratories Serum7 Night Cream ? Is it good ? Maybe I'll try it this night ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Have you received yours? If so I'll be very curious to know what you go eheh :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bisous de France !

Hi Fleur de Soleil!

I have not tried that cream yet and i agree- I am not a fan of anti-aging creams in the glossy box. Just like foundations- they will not make everyone happy. The mask sounds fun though! i wonder if you could use the blush as an eyeshadow.... I got a blush as well and it is a little too pink for my cheeks, maybe I can use it as eye shadow. I was not super excited about the US Glossybox in April but overall it was ok. We got the blush, a lip balm from the Honest Co., a sample from a super expensive lotion and from bulgari something for a bath. I have not looked at it in detail, I think it is in something like a little teabag.

What was the favorite product out of your box?

A bientot!

Hello SunFloowerCakes!   I tried the anti-aging cream and I must say I like it a lot! It is very pleasant to apply: creamy, smooth and leaves the skin soft. In the morning, I have a very nice skin (obviously I have not seen any anti-aging effect). It pleases me to use it as an evening ritual cocooning. Even if the anti-aging effect makes me worried a bit.    In any case, I'm surprised to have had no spot, no skin reaction. I couldn't tell if it works because i used it for only two days (and I don't intend to use it every day because it makes me a little scared).   For now, I don't have a favorite product because I haven't tried any products.. I want to take pictures for the blog first. I'll try to do a review on the mask because of the "film" makes me very curious!    I find that in your box, there are more luxury products while in the mine there are "bizarre" products. I would prefer more luxury products. It's too expensive for me to buy the product for the purpose of "trying".    And you? What do you like in your box?  Bisous !

Hello Fleir de Soleil,

I was not super excited about the box this month. I have a ton of lip balms at home so another one is just added to the list but I know other subscribers were quite excited about that balm. I don't have a big bathtub to try out that Bulgari bath thing but I think I will take it on vacation and try it then! The blush is ok, a little to pink for my skin tone. You are right, some of the products in this month's US box are luxury products but like I said, this month was nothing that wowed me.

Now for May Glossy Box US calls their theme 'celebration box' because they are celebrating their anniversary/ birthday. I hope this is a good one! They already put oyt one spoiler for a face moisturizer with mattening finish. Might be good for the summer?

It is already starting to get quite warm on some days!

I also subscribed to the Starlooks box. I read a bit about it and it is a box that only sends out makeup products from their own brand. I will try it out and see how I like it!

A bientot!

K

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to check in and see if there are updates about the French or German Glossybox. Glossybox US announced yesterday that they started shipping so I think I might get it next week Thursday.

Originally Posted by Fleur De Soleil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello Everyone !!

In a previous message I spoke about french meal ! Well, this is a video wherein I show you the toast with maroilles !! It's a "repas du nord" a meal that we eat in the north of the France ! Delicious 
wub.gif

I completely missed this thread! Food looks yummy!!!

Hy ! I received my Glossybox today! I'm happy even if I got an anti-aging night cream in full size. Not really usefull in my case. I don't know why GlossyBox gives anti-aging cream in the age group of 20-25 years old haha. Did you try Boot Laboratories Serum7 Night Cream ? Is it good ? Maybe I'll try it this night ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Have you received yours? If so I'll be very curious to know what you go eheh :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Bisous de France !
Looks like you got a good box. We had the same theme in Germany as the American glossybox for April. Here it is:
A lot of people were disappointed there was no makeup in it.

Also I got the German Mothers day glossybox and my May box arrived today. I still have not taken pics I will post when I do.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like you got a good box. We had the same theme in Germany as the American glossybox for April. Here it is:

I went on the German Glossybox site and the French one to see the products and I actually liked both a lot. I used to love that little foam mask you got. What is  in the orange tube and how do you like everything?

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went on the German Glossybox site and the French one to see the products and I actually liked both a lot. I used to love that little foam mask you got. What is  in the orange tube and how do you like everything?

I haven't gotten around to trying everything so far. The orange container is an orange scrub, it smells pretty good too.  The little mask I have no idea how to use so I have not tried it. I love the hair gummies that came in the box they are perfect for summer.

I just checked the French glossy box page and I love their boxes! I wish I could subscribe to all lol.

That's how I felt. I like the German box better than the US version too. I haven't gotten the one for this month yet but I think I will cancel the subscription. The last two boxes were real downfalls for me. I did however enjoy Starlooks this month!

My German box was pretty good, I will have to take pics and post. I don't know how to feel about the US one it will be a while before I get it since my mom sends it to me. I was going to cancel but June looks like it will be really good so they may keep me until then. Starlooks is amazing, I cant wait until I get mine usually at the end of the month or the beginning of the next. It is actually the sub that makes it the fastest over here.

I was surprised by how fast Starlooks got here!! Still waiting on my Glossybox. Since Monday s a holiday I am guessing it gets here Thursday. I wanted to cancel after this one but just read the spoiler about the three products in the June box and I really like them. So I guess I wait until the June box gets here to cancel.

I was surprised by how fast Starlooks got here!! Still waiting on my Glossybox. Since Monday s a holiday I am guessing it gets here Thursday. I wanted to cancel after this one but just read the spoiler about the three products in the June box and I really like them. So I guess I wait until the June box gets here to cancel.
So far I am really impressed with Starlooks.

Back