The Hair Guru finally gets a CHI! lol

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg your hair is amazing!!!!! there just seems to be loads of it lol I bet it took you ages to straighten!
glasses.gif
x

Your hair is gorgeous. My sister has a Chi and swears by it. It was super expensive, almost $200 I think, but her friend worked at Ulta and got her a discount.

Enjoy the Chi!
smile.gif

aww.. thanks guys!!
smile.gif
(And Jen, stop gropin' me! lmao!!!
wink.gif
) it didn't really take long, just smoothed it out a bit w/ the dryer first... then straightened it w/ the iron. Took about as long (maybe a little less) than just drying alone start to finish. My hair isn't thick at all.... and just to prove it.. Pony shots! lol Now everyone who thought my hair was thick will see how thin it really is!! lol

This is actually the same hair from when I first straightened it (I'm washing it tonight... don't get too skeeved! lol) I wanted to see through all this humidity we've been having, just how well this thing holds up, so I've been shower cappin'... (Plus the damage factor involved w/ ironing too often) I took these pics about 5 min. ago --- so yes, I'm not wearing anything but gloss AGAIN (I'm so glad I have all this makeup, do I ever bother wearing it!?! lol)

Well... here's pics --- you get the idea.. lol ( Excuse the Lil' bit of elastic trouble I had goin' on there lol)

Well since I'm bored & going to hop in the shower anyway... I decided to have a little fun with Mr. CHI.... lol
joy77.gif
This is what I like to call the "CHI Pencil Perm"... lol Using none other than the CHI..and yes--- you guessed it !!! A pencil! lol
wink.gif
(I have too much pent up creativity I swear!)

Almost a cross between a cocker spaniel and Weird Al Yankovic lol
smile.gif

And who says a straightener is only for straightening! lol
tocktock.gif

Ladies & Gentlemen... the hair guru has officially LOST HER MIND!!!
15d.gif

Thanks for the pictures Janelle. You hair looks great and I love how you curled it.

Question... do you use a scrunchie on your hair at night so that it doesn't get all messed up during the night? That is my biggest issue when I straighten my hair with the iron. When I go to sleep, it always gets jacked up.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yes... it is true. I finally OWN a CHI. lol Mom bought it for me as part of a late bday/early Xmas gift on an Ulta spree yesterday. Got the "Ulta Exclusive" Ultra Chi... in lavender. Oooooh !!! Aaaahhhh!
wink.gif
Gotta love the thermal pouch! lol
I figured it was about time I had one. Would come in handy for keeping this mess in check over the summer. Still going to use my dryer though, and just touch up w/ the iron every so often.

So... this is today's hair (did it last night) still straight despite the rain this morning and the humidity this afternoon.

I also used it with....

TIGI S-Factor Shampoo & Conditioner (also new... got some recc's to try it --- not bad so far! Smells like those old strawberry shortcake dolls from the 80's !!) lol

TIGI S-Factor Defrizzer/smoothing cream

CHI Iron Guard 44 (got it at that trade show in April - finally get to use it! lol)

And a quick finale w/ some Static Guard.. lol

TA-DA! There ya have it... lol
wink.gif
Ignore the face... gym day - And no makeup (too lazy this morning!) lol

This may sound like a stupid question but what is so special about this iron? LOLHair looks awesome by the way.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Thanks for the pictures Janelle. You hair looks great and I love how you curled it.
Question... do you use a scrunchie on your hair at night so that it doesn't get all messed up during the night? That is my biggest issue when I straighten my hair with the iron. When I go to sleep, it always gets jacked up.

Why thank you my dear... you're just lovin' the poodle do' aren't ya ?
wink.gif
lol
And yes.. I use a scrunchie. I'm old school like that. I still LOVE scruchies. They're so much easier on your hair than elastics. Elastics are good when you're going for that polished look, but otherwise --- I'm a scrunchie girl all the way. I have a favorite one I use a lot. It's almost a spandex/silky material ... not too tight. Then I wrap twice really high on my head. Sleep w/ the pony above me, and have satin sheets/pillowcases. In the morning I have volume, and zero dents.
wink.gif
Figured I'd throw in a few more pics so you know what the heck I'm talking about.. lol

And to answer Thais' question... it's tourmaline & ceramic, so it's a little gentler on your hair that metal plated ones, it's quick and seems to work well.

Janelle... you rock! Seriously girlie... thanks for the pictures. I have cotton pillow cases so that may be more damaging.

For you chickie... anytime
wink.gif
I got the satin set at Walmart for less than $30... I absolutely LOVE them. Besides that they are great for your hair, they're so darn COMFY!!! Only flaw is that the sheets and pillows always slide all over the bed! lol

You hair will slide on satin, as opposed to cotton where it'll tend to pull bunch or snag up

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 For you chickie... anytime
wink.gif
I got the satin set at Walmart for less than $30... I absolutely LOVE them. Besides that they are great for your hair, they're so darn COMFY!!! Only flaw is that the sheets and pillows always slide all over the bed! lol
You hair will slide on satin, as opposed to cotton where it'll tend to pull bunch or snag up

Really? I may have to check Walmart out this weekend. And I am with you... scrunchies rock!
Now I have another question... what is the best way to give your hair volume on that 2nd or 3rd day when its getting a bit flat at the top?

BigSexyHair Root Lifter! lololol (another top dollar SHC plug! lol) Either spray a little on your fingers, or directly at the root... lift up w/ fingers and give a little shake while you hold the blowdryer to it on low. (Don't want to blow it all around and make knots!
wink.gif
)

And yeah, check out Walmart --- I was actually on the website today at work checking to make sure they still had them - lol I want to get another set to switch to when these are in the wash... I hate waiting! lol
wink.gif

Here's the LINK if you wanna check em' out. They come in black, red, gold, and ivory (which kinda looks peach on the site) the other colors are on page 3.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 BigSexyHair Root Lifter! lololol (another top dollar SHC plug! lol) Either spray a little on your fingers, or directly at the root... lift up w/ fingers and give a little shake while you hold the blowdryer to it on low. (Don't want to blow it all around and make knots!
wink.gif
)
And yeah, check out Walmart --- I was actually on the website today at work checking to make sure they still had them - lol I want to get another set to switch to when these are in the wash... I hate waiting! lol
wink.gif

Here's the LINK if you wanna check em' out. They come in black, red, gold, and ivory (which kinda looks peach on the site) the other colors are on page 3.
smile.gif

I knew there had to be a product. Does it produce build up?
I may have to get the black one... it will match my leopard print bedroom set.

I have black... goes w/ my grey for that 'modern' look lol --- I haven't gotten any buildup.. but I only use a little.

Thanks for posting so much info, Janelle!
hb.gif
I'm loving the updates!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 And yes.. I use a scrunchie. I'm old school like that. I still LOVE scruchies. They're so much easier on your hair than elastics. Elastics are good when you're going for that polished look, but otherwise --- I'm a scrunchie girl all the way. I have a favorite one I use a lot. It's almost a spandex/silky material ... not too tight. Then I wrap twice really high on my head. Sleep w/ the pony above me, and have satin sheets/pillowcases. In the morning I have volume, and zero dents.
wink.gif
Figured I'd throw in a few more pics so you know what the heck I'm talking about.. lol
I threw out all of my beloved scrunchies (years ago) thanks to Carrie Bradshaw.
frown.gif
My husband thought I was crazy.

Back