The Hair Guru finally gets a CHI! lol

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by KathrynNicole I threw out all of my beloved scrunchies (years ago) thanks to Carrie Bradshaw.
frown.gif
My husband thought I was crazy. Totally
ot.gif
but I remember that episode. It was the one where she was dating Berger.

Yay for getting a CHI! Your hair looks so shiny and healthy! I absolutely love my CHI. I dont think I could ever have any other iron except CHI!

Your hair is so long and pretty! I really like the lavender, mine is just boring black, but as long as it delivers results I am not complaining.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yes... it is true. I finally OWN a CHI. lol Mom bought it for me as part of a late bday/early Xmas gift on an Ulta spree yesterday. Got the "Ulta Exclusive" Ultra Chi... in lavender. Oooooh !!! Aaaahhhh!
wink.gif
Gotta love the thermal pouch! lol
I figured it was about time I had one. Would come in handy for keeping this mess in check over the summer. Still going to use my dryer though, and just touch up w/ the iron every so often.

So... this is today's hair (did it last night) still straight despite the rain this morning and the humidity this afternoon.

I also used it with....

TIGI S-Factor Shampoo & Conditioner (also new... got some recc's to try it --- not bad so far! Smells like those old strawberry shortcake dolls from the 80's !!) lol

TIGI S-Factor Defrizzer/smoothing cream

CHI Iron Guard 44 (got it at that trade show in April - finally get to use it! lol)

And a quick finale w/ some Static Guard.. lol

TA-DA! There ya have it... lol
wink.gif
Ignore the face... gym day - And no makeup (too lazy this morning!) lol

Wow, I would have thought you had one of these a long time ago! My hairstylist is CRAZY over CHI but I can't make myself spend that much money. Glad you got it as a gift. I have a semi-cheap (~$25-30) red one; I think it's Conair. It's good enough for me, but the CHI line is definitely superior.

Originally Posted by Thais Pardon my ignorance, but what is so special about the CHI?
biggrin.gif
I replied a few posts earlier, but I'll paste...
smile.gif

it's tourmaline & ceramic, so it's a little gentler on your hair that metal plated ones, it's quick and seems to work well

I used it again today... only semi-dried my hair this time w/ the dryer to see if it would straighten out the waves. It seemed to pretty well... glad I finally got one!
smile.gif

I know Spazbaby... lol it was about time.
wink.gif
I'm still not a flat iron fan because of the damage they tend to cause, but I like that I can use it for a quick once over (or even straighten 80% with the iron) and it'll last better in the humidity.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I replied a few posts earlier, but I'll paste...
smile.gif

it's tourmaline & ceramic, so it's a little gentler on your hair that metal plated ones, it's quick and seems to work well

I used it again today... only semi-dried my hair this time w/ the dryer to see if it would straighten out the waves. It seemed to pretty well... glad I finally got one!
smile.gif

I know Spazbaby... lol it was about time.
wink.gif
I'm still not a flat iron fan because of the damage they tend to cause, but I like that I can use it for a quick once over (or even straighten 80% with the iron) and it'll last better in the humidity.
smile.gif

LOL I swear I went through the posts but somehow skipped that one!!! Sorry about that.
whistling.gif
blush.gif

That iron I have is called Wet2straight, they say you can use it on wet hair. I never tried to do my whole wet hair with it but I do my bangs and it works well.
smile.gif

I truly like the look of my flat ironed hair but I am afraid I am gonna end up frying it and breaking it up in pieces if I use it every other day. LOL. What do you think?

I remember that episode too!!
laughing.gif
I used to have a lot of scrunchis in the 80s. Yes.... I am old!
frown.gif
Later on I kept 1-2 just to use around in the house.

Janelle, your hair still looks thick. I want long hair too.......
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Totally
ot.gif
but I remember that episode. It was the one where she was dating Berger.

lol... ty guys
smile.gif
xoxo --- I have the wet2straight iron too... but the CHi seems to keep it straighter longer.

Originally Posted by Thais LOL I swear I went through the posts but somehow skipped that one!!! Sorry about that.
whistling.gif
blush.gif

That iron I have is called Wet2straight, they say you can use it on wet hair. I never tried to do my whole wet hair with it but I do my bangs and it works well.
smile.gif

I truly like the look of my flat ironed hair but I am afraid I am gonna end up frying it and breaking it up in pieces if I use it every other day. LOL. What do you think?

Omg! Ihave that one too! it's ceramic and has the ions right? My hair loves it! I never use it when my hair is wet though. I need the body that the blow dryer can give, THEN I straighten. But rarely. I'm already coloring it so much that I don't want to encourage more anger in the hair world! lol! Ie: FRIZZIES! lol!
You're hair is stunning btw! Loven' the shine, silk pillows, the sweet curls you made. I love seeing your pics cause it looks lik eyou've had so much fun!

Thanks for sharing gorgeous!
rockwoot.gif

ty Anne-Marie... yeah I was bored, so I tend to get creative when I dont have anything else to keep me occupied.
smile.gif

Hi Gorgeous:

You have a beautiful face even without makeup. I can't believe your hair. Looks like silk. Unbelievable shine. My hair is coarse. Have to do so darn much cause I love it shiny. I just made my hair sorta eggplant, plum. Is this like an straightening iron. My hair always looks dry, so will this dry my hair out. I wish my hair looked like yours. Magnifico!!!!

Originally Posted by lilla I remember that episode too!!
laughing.gif
I used to have a lot of scrunchis in the 80s. Yes.... I am old!
frown.gif
Later on I kept 1-2 just to use around in the house.
smileno.gif
You're not old.
smileno.gif

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons You hair looks GORGEOUS!!!! Aren't Chi's fantastic?! Saw your notepad. Really excellent. Wow you went to alot of trouble. You are very very pretty.What is the difference between paint and pigments with MAC eye products. Do they have waterproof liner. Their pencil didn't work with me.

Thanks for a very enjoyable and interesting Notepad.

Sheila Rose
rockwoot.gif

Aww thanks everyone!
wink.gif

And Sheila... any heat tool can damage hair, but with a gentle touch and a heat protectant, you should be ok ... and yes, the CHI is a straightening iron. (Which I use everytime now... God, I told myself I would just use it a little... but I am LOVING the results!!!! Eeeek! lol)

Back