• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The HauteLook Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great, they just made me the same promise today. I'm going to give it a week and then file a charge back with my credit card company.

In the email back from Algenist, they confirm we paid for sample products, at least that is how I take it when they say the word 'deluxe' I believe it is safe to assume that the use of the term 'deluxe' is in reference to 'sample' but you can decide...I'll paste it below.  

I was on chat last night with HL and they said she would email me in an hour after she talked with her supervisor.  Yeah.  Still waiting on that email.   I may have used the term WTF also, and been asked to refrain from vulgarity.  Oops, yeah I was angry. And I apologized but also provided her with the emails and responses from HL and Algenist and pointed out they charged me for free samples  (and I may or may not have also had a couple of shots of pineapple rum to kick off my weekend. Which makes my tongue loose and careless!  I RARELY drink...so was fairly free with my speech LOL!)  Long week. Ugh.

But now that I (believe I) have confirmation of purchasing samples, and knowing that the advertised promo was NOT for sample/trial/travel sizes, I'm angrier.  Like I told the person last night on chat, whatever you come back with, just tell me the truth and I won't be so angry, but stop insulting my intelligence!  (ok, so I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but companies should not lie - on purpose!). 

Ooops, my naiveté is showing... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Algenist 11:54am Nov 21 Hi, Bxxx - we cannot advise shipping information for HauteLook orders. It looks like you received deluxe size products. They may not be necessarily counterfeit, we just cannot attest to their integrity given unauthorized distribution. I recommend trying to return them to HauteLook and purchasing from Algenist authorized retailers. I'm terribly sorry you have to deal with this.

Thank you for all your help.

Best,

Dima Martirosyan
Web Marketing Manager
Algenist

Great, they just made me the same promise today. I'm going to give it a week and then file a charge back with my credit card company.
Did you contact Algenist at all?  I wanted them to know that HL is telling people that they (Algenist) is fulfilling the orders from HL.  I have not seen any other posts to Algenists FB page about this (just mine).  And recently I've been chatting via pm.  But I think it is worth mentioning, so they know it is not just me! LOL!  Or, maybe they do know...hell I don't know I just know this is super irritating and I think I might just let them take it all back.  Even with the super discount.  I don't want to give them any of my money for something they got for free.  Still thinking this one through though....But filing a claim with your cc company is not a bad idea...thinking about that too.  Thanks for sharing!

Did you contact Algenist at all?  I wanted them to know that HL is telling people that they (Algenist) is fulfilling the orders from HL.  I have not seen any other posts to Algenists FB page about this (just mine).  And recently I've been chatting via pm.  But I think it is worth mentioning, so they know it is not just me! LOL!  Or, maybe they do know...hell I don't know I just know this is super irritating and I think I might just let them take it all back.  Even with the super discount.  I don't want to give them any of my money for something they got for free.  Still thinking this one through though....But filing a claim with your cc company is not a bad idea...thinking about that too.  Thanks for sharing!
At this point, I'd be asking for (demanding) a refund from HL. If they can't fulfill, they are obligated to refund you.

Yep, time to get a return shipping label and walk away, what a rip off that company is.  I just got the UGG boots I ordered too, and I'm taking those to Nordstrom Rack to return them.  They don't look anything like the picture...not saying they gave me the wrong boots, but boy special lighting and placement can do WONDERS for an ugly boot! LOL!!

I haven't. I complained on the Hautelook Facebook page on the 20th I think so It was a bit after the initial drama died down. They ignored me at first and then I got a message from Elizabeth that they would be sending me the rest of the product and that I don;t have to worry about returning what I have already gotten, so I'm not :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Worse case scenario I charge back with my credit card for item not as described, with my screen shots and emails I know I'll win. I'm not sure if this will fall into the unordered merchandise law for FCC but I'm betting it does considering that what I received was actually a "free sample" that I did not order. That coupled with the fact that HL told me not to worry about the return, I'm planning on keeping what I have and only returning it if my CC company requires me to do so in order to complete the charge back. 

Best case scenario, HL sends me what was missing from my order from where ever they can get it from. I'm guessing that if we get anything it will come from Nordstoms' stock and not from Algenist. That's fine with me. I'll be a happy Nordstoms shopper once more. 

This was all very shady on HL part, but if they make it right with those who purchased and got confirmation that they were buying full size product I'm happy. If not I'll probably not shop with HL again, and I'll be very disappointed with Nordstroms. I'm pretty sure Nordstoms is going to come through though,they're known for great customer service, this is not typical of an experience you should expect with a Nordstoms brand. 

Hoping it works out. 

This is getting to be too much.  So I decided just to tell HL that I was returning for a refund (and posted that to Nordies FB page and took down my complaint).  Only to discover that HL sent me emails saying they are 1) working to get my correct order 2) giving me $20 credit for HL/NR and 3) refunding 20% of my orders.

I know not many are interested in this, but I just can't believe the service being given.  Note, I was ready to arrange a discounted purchase, but HL told me my orders were coming, so its not like I'm demanding anything they haven't promised.  Actually I'm not demanding anything...just someone to tell the flippin truth!  In the spoiler is their email to me last night, and my response just now.  UNREAL.

Email from HL

Subject HauteLook - Order # 17478447    Discussion Thread  Response Via Email (David) 11/22/2014 04:16 PM Hello!

Regarding your recent experience with us, I wanted to reach out to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we have caused and for the poor level of service you've received. After reviewing your survey, I see that you were dissatisfied with your last contact with HauteLook Member Care. We aim to provide outstanding customer service for all of our members, and I would love to assist you and help improve your experience.

We truly apologize that the sizing measurements provided at the time of sale were inaccurate. We are working with our Director of Beauty and the brand to see if we can get the correct merchandise, and not samples, out to your location. I have gone ahead and processed a 20% refund to your Visa card for both items, plus added a $20 credit towards Nordstrom Rack.com and HauteLook.com. If we need to refund additional funds to your Visa card at time of verdict, then we will process such a transaction at that time. Please accept these short term remedies while we work on the larger solution to our troubling situation.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and patience while we device a solution. We will continue to update you during the beginning of this week with the latest updates. Again, I truly apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for shopping with HauteLook! If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at 1-888-547-8438 or e-mail us at [email protected]

Have a great Saturday!

David Flores

Nordstromrack.com | HauteLook
1212 S. Flower St, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90015
www.nordstromrack.com
www.hautelook.com

My response

Hi David,

I am trying to be very patient, but this issue, and continued false promises, are incredible.  At every turn it just seems like no one is paying attention.  I appreciate your efforts, but with every response I have an expectation. Take this response, for example. I did receive your confirmation emails of a refund to me.  It looks like 20% refund of both orders ($12x7=$84; $39x3=$117; total=$201) comes to $11.02 (by your math, anyway).  Further, I was already offered a discount of $3 for each $12 item, and $20 for each $39 item.  I come up with $81 due at those prices, which puts a refund at $120...but I could be wrong...I haven't had my coffee yet. And seriously, if I ever in this lifetime get my order, I will personally drop these minis off at a Nordstrom Rack in a hot minute...they are untouched in the box they came in.  That is a lot of product and I do not want anything for free (I believe no one gets a free lunch) but holy toledo, I'd by lying if I said I didn't I feel like I'm working my butt off for my order!

Hi, 

You are being issued a refund of $10.20 to your credit card for order #17478447. For more information, view your account or check out our FAQs.        Refund Summary       Subtotal $10.20 Tax $0.00 Shipping Free       Total Charge $10.20                 Payment Refunded $10.20

Hi, 

You are being issued a refund of $0.82 to your credit card for order #17478447. For more information, view your account or check out our FAQs.        Refund Summary       Subtotal $0.00 Tax $0.00 Shipping Free       Total Charge $0.82                 Payment Refunded $0.82 

Last edited by a moderator:
So I would love to know how hautelook is staying in business. They got another one of my orders wrong again,!!! and in the end I got $125 worth of mirenesse for $10.68. They sent a beautiful $60 blush instead of a $7 sample BB. Then refunded my shipping and the BB portion of the order since it didn't ship. I appreciate they always have done something for me when my orders are wrong but seriously how hard is it to ship 3 items???

You know that commercial jingle "maybe she's born with it, maybe it's maybelline" - yeah - I'm starting to think that I'm born with it.  Born with that spark that attracts the. worst. possible. customer. service. e.v.e.r.E.V.E.R!  It's a crack up!  My friends tell me I should write a book!  Hahaha...well at least I can laugh it about it after.  

I got a call today from Nordstrom Rack / Hautelook offices in So Cal.  They apologized and said they ARE in fact working with a representative of Algenist to broker the products due, for those that contacted them.  He said my name was on the list, and he'll have my tracking number for me tomorrow.  He was very nice, professional, and couldn't apologize enough.  I didn't post the recent communication fiasco that I'm sure resulted in his call, but at this point I don't even care.  So for those who were told you were getting another package - sounds like that's true! I'll post when I get mine!

I meant to post Friday but I keep getting excited by the Secret Santa activity and of course it was a buying frenzy for me over the weekend. Oops!!! But I think I'm done shopping COMPLETELY for Christmas, so I'm relieved and did feel that I got great deals.

See? I got distracted by just THINKING about shopping! Eek!

So my Algenist order came last week!!

They got my order wrong...

I meant to post Friday but I keep getting excited by the Secret Santa activity and of course it was a buying frenzy for me over the weekend. Oops!!! But I think I'm done shopping COMPLETELY for Christmas, so I'm relieved and did feel that I got great deals.

See? I got distracted by just THINKING about shopping! Eek!

So my Algenist order came last week!!

They got my order wrong......but I am not going to say another word. Instead, I thought I would send a Christmas card to the nice man who did send me the additional products. I just want to thank him for helping me. I don't care that my order is a little off, it's less only 2 of the little creams for $12 ea. so not worth any more time on the subject!! But he also gave me some additional perks so I'm very happy with the resolution!!

I hope everyone else has the positive results too!
Still nothing here. Hopefully mines being delayed due to the holiday weekend... I got an email last week saying I'd get tracking by the next day and haven't heard anything since...ugh. I'm glad you f=got everything taken care of!!!!

Still nothing here. Hopefully mines being delayed due to the holiday weekend... I got an email last week saying I'd get tracking by the next day and haven't heard anything since...ugh. I'm glad you f=got everything taken care of!!!!
I just realized I didn't see anyone else update that they got their additional shipments...did any of you?

Separately, Stila is back on this week....I was trying to avoid Hautelook but I totally caved.  They gave me a niiiiiiiiiiiice credit for the trouble before so, out of pocket was $0.39!!!  I was going to let my credit sit there for a long time, but, STILA!  YEAH! 

I just realized I didn't see anyone else update that they got their additional shipments...did any of you?

Separately, Stila is back on this week....I was trying to avoid Hautelook but I totally caved.  They gave me a niiiiiiiiiiiice credit for the trouble before so, out of pocket was $0.39!!!  I was going to let my credit sit there for a long time, but, STILA!  YEAH! 
Ha, I did get my additional shipment, It was mini face cream and 1 mini serum. I was pissed. I tried contacting Hautelook and they took forever to respond so I filed a charge back with my CC company. When they finally got back with me they offered me 1/2 off or return everything including the second shipment of samples. I just took the 1/2 off to be done. I'm through with Hautelook. 

Back