The Look Bag Discontinuing AGAIN (2013)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Nikki Apostolou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got charged yesterday I still never got the discontinued email. I am still quite confused.

Double check the email.  I thought I was charged again yesterday, but when I looked at the email it was actually the refund confirmation.

I got the email that it was discontinued and then today I received the Lookbag in the mail today.  So weird.

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the email that it was discontinued and then today I received the Lookbag in the mail today.  So weird.
can you post a pic? I want to see what I missed out on.

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

can you post a pic? I want to see what I missed out on.
Ok, here it is:

Now, let me mention what is in this bag, this is where it gets interesting.

• Pixi Lip&Line in No.1 Nearly Clear full size (DISCONTINUED PRODUCT)
  • Laura Mercier Perfecting Water Rich 0.34 fl oz (DISCONTINUED PRODUCT)
  • Freeman's Beautiful Body Cucumber, Melon, & Ginseng body wash (DISCONTINUED PRODUCT)
  • Korres White Tea Facial Cleanser 0.68 fl oz (DISCONTINUED PRODUCT)
  • Pop Beauty Nail Glam Crash in Broken Black (DISCONTINUED PRODUCT)
  • Bremenn Research Labs Miracle Cream 0.24 fl oz
  • Scarlett & Greene 3 Foil samples (attached to card at top of photo)-Bare All Breakout Control Wash, Come Clean Cleanser, and Under Cover Moisturizer "For Young Skin" (I am 46)

So, my first and last Look Bag was full of junk. So, if you didn't one, count yourself lucky!

Wow all of those items except for the Korres White Tea Facial Cleanser are repeat items from previous months. Maybe they didn't have new things and only sent those out to people who are new subscribers. Thanks for posting the pic.

Sounds like they were definitely just clearing out the leftovers they had at the warehouse!

The Pixi lip & shine primer is not discontinued, but the color I received is, the No.1  Nearly Clear.

Ok, here it is: Now, let me mention what is in this bag, this is where it gets interesting.
  • Freeman's Beautiful Body Cucumber, Melon, & Ginseng body wash (DISCONTINUED PRODUCT)
  • Scarlett & Greene 3 Foil samples (attached to card at top of photo)-Bare All Breakout Control Wash, Come Clean Cleanser, and Under Cover Moisturizer "For Young Skin" (I am 46)
So, my first and last Look Bag was full of junk. So, if you didn't one, count yourself lucky!
That bag doesn't seem that bad to me but then again I don't mind getting discontinued products that much.

The Pixi lip & shine primer is not discontinued, but the color I received is, the No.1  Nearly Clear.  
No....'Nearly clear' is the only shade the lip and line primer is offered in. And it is still for sale on the Pixi site. I posted the link. www.pixibeauty.com/lip-line-primer

There are a lot of the Pixi Lip Liners in that color going on ebay for around 8 bucks, makes me wonder if they're all from an old batch. So while the product itself may not be "discontinued" it seems like it could still be old stock, no?

I necer

Double check the email.  I thought I was charged again yesterday, but when I looked at the email it was actually the refund confirmation.
I never got an email for either. Just saw my card was charged

Ok, here it is: Now, let me mention what is in this bag, this is where it gets interesting.
I've been hoarding that pixi product since I love it. So if I get another I'd be cool with that lol. Isn't that the same polish that was already sent out?

Originally Posted by Ladyrawrness /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That bag doesn't seem that bad to me but then again I don't mind getting discontinued products that much.
Subscriptions, for me, are my opportunity to try products to see if I would like to purchase them. If you just want products to use, I suppose it doesn't matter. I have several other subscriptions and have never received a discontinued product. I really just felt like they thew in stuff they were trying to get rid of, not anything personalized. Oh well, Look bag is done.

Originally Posted by Nikki Apostolou /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, here it is:

Now, let me mention what is in this bag, this is where it gets interesting.

I've been hoarding that pixi product since I love it. So if I get another I'd be cool with that lol. Isn't that the same polish that was already sent out?

Yes. The Freeman mask is long discontinued and potentially expired. I remember Freeman said NOT to use it.

for me, that Pixi primer side didn't work well for me. it mixed with the lip color and beaded up(you know like dead skin does when you rub it?) but my lips weren't dry or anything. do you think I was using it wrong? or its just not for me.

for me, that Pixi primer side didn't work well for me. it mixed with the lip color and beaded up(you know like dead skin does when you rub it?) but my lips weren't dry or anything. do you think I was using it wrong? or its just not for me.
The way I used it was I scrubbed my lips to remove dead skin. Applied a light application and then blotted excess so it was just a thin base. It mixed very slightly with my lipstick but it also kept my lipstick like my drugstore brands on my lips longer and made it look more pigmented. For me it was great I think you should give it another try. =]

Just received a check in the mail from The Look Store for "refund for unsent Look Bags"..... hmm... I'm okay with it except I was still due 3 bags and the check is for $18.32...(odd amount)...??? Oh well, at least it is something.... one less monthly sub coming may way.  Or not, since I recently signed up for Graze... lol

Originally Posted by cskeiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just received a check in the mail from The Look Store for "refund for unsent Look Bags"..... hmm... I'm okay with it except I was still due 3 bags and the check is for $18.32...(odd amount)...??? Oh well, at least it is something.... one less monthly sub coming may way.  Or not, since I recently signed up for Graze... lol
How many bags were unsent? Each bag is about $12.

Back