The most magical skin recipe

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The redness is due to the acid in the vinegar. I can see how this recipe would work because vinegar is acidic and so is skin. I will give it a try too but everyday I use vinegar in a spray bottle to maintain healthy skin, anyway. So, I truly believe this will work because of the vinegar. Cool idea!

I'm interested in how you use the vinegar as a spray for healthy skin. When do you spray it on...as a toner...just after cleansing...or what? Also, how does it do the maintaining....balancing the skins pH, closing pores, or something else? Thanks!! I've heard a lot about the benefits of vinegar....even just read it helps diminish dark circles under the eyes.

I LOVE the 'magic' recipe and the results I see. I now using it regulary...but noticed mine is beading up on my face no matter how much I rub it in. Anyone know why? Oily skin, wrong cleanser first?? :tocktock: Anyone else have this happen...or is it normal? I assumed it should spread on smoothly like it did at first.

Honestly, I've changed my routine but I still get amazing results. I used to spray it on my face after I cleansed and of course let it dry before I put on any makeup. It doesn't 'close' pores but that's not what you want to do anyway. Basically, when I use it my skin is left feeling very, very soft, clean and it won't get oily AT ALL during the day. That is if you have oily skin and it's an issue for you. What I do now is I added ACV in with my cleansers and my foundation. Only because I couldn't take the smell anymore and so mixing it with other products lessens that awful odor.

I only read several pages of this thread, so I apologize if these questions have already been answered...

I know ACV is good for skin, and molasses has a lot of minerals in it, but what is the point of adding yeast to the mixture? Does anyone know specifically what it does?

I had a systemic candida (yeast) problem in the past and am very wary about putting yeast on my face in any form.

Has anyone tried the recipe minus the yeast? Any results to share, good or bad?

TIA. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Did any of you that made this use blackstrap molasses? I'm thinking that would probably be the best kind, because it's the thickest, the least sugary, and the most nutrient-dense. Also the smelliest ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also feel the need to point out - if you're having trouble finding the ingredients, try going to a small health-food store. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a HFS employee who didn't know what molasses is! You should be able to get a good blackstrap molasses, raw cider vinegar, and maybe even dry yeast in bulk (WAY cheaper than buying packets!)

I think my son & I will try this - I'm pretty sure I've got everything.

lol ! one day i was shopping in a healthfood store and this man comes in. "hi, i would like some molasses, do you have some?-Yes sir (points a shelve), just there near the sugar". :laughing: if you don't find something in your local supermarkets, go to a healthfood store, they'll have it.

Well, I'm still a bit hesitant to use this myself, but I used to use ACV and think I might start up again. Here is what I can tell you about the yeast though: Yeast normally ferments the sugar in the molasses and produces carbon dioxide and ethyl alcohol. This is basic high school biology and the reason why bread dough rises and beer and champagne are fizzy. Now, I don't know if the lactic acid from the AVC (which was produced through a different type of fermentation reaction also in your high school biology book) might effect this normal process or not. But if it didn't then the longer the mixture sits, the more "carbonated" and alcoholic it should become. Ethyl alcohol by the way is not the same type of alcohol found in many skin products (which is called Iso-propyl alcohol, Isopropanol, or IPA) and I assume that it must not be as drying to the skin since no one has complained about that!

Also, this type of yeast is not the same as Candidia!

I might try this formula when I'm not so lazy. I've tried the Asprin mask before, but it dried out my face and made it produce more oil thereafter rather than helped it. I'll need to buy the yeast at the baking shop though and molasses at the heath store, don't think regular supermarkets carry them here. Will post and update if I try the mask.

Ohh this sounds like a good one to try. Hope it works it's magic on me!

Rose> adding Molassis to the grocery list.

Opppss...

I read somewhere to use it for 3 consecutive days but someone also said use it daily. Is this something you can use every single day or one must take a break to avoid immunity to it? For those who have tried it, do you use your other cleansers as well. Thanks.

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it matter what kind of yeast. I know there is rapid rise yeast and regular yeast. i have some downstairs, so was just curious if there is a difference. Probably not.
Granted this is an old question but don't think it's been properly addressed.

Rapid rise yeast and regular yeast is only different in that the rapid rise is the name. Essentially yeast is yeast unless you are making a sour dough bread and capture live yeast (bakers would know what I'm talking about). Rapid rise will simply "wake up" a bit faster than regular yeast but only when activated with sugar and water. No (pure) water is used in the recipe but there is sugar in the form of molasses. The vinegar should keep the yeast of fully waking up.

So how many of our beauties here at MUT try this recipe and what did you think?

Back