The most magical skin recipe

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been reading this thread to see everyone's results of the molasses mask and I saw the ".....yeast makes hair thicker and fuller" part. HEY.....do you know more about THAT one? :kopfkratz: My hair is much thinner than it used to be and is baby fine, so I'm always looking for something to make it look fuller or BE fuller. Thanks for all the posts here.....SO VERY helpful!! :g:

I tried it! it's INCREDIBLY messy and gets everywhere and smells weird, but it did make my skin smoother and glowing. My blemishes and scars are fading, too. Has anyone tried it without the yeast?

I'm definitely trying this! I'm already excited about it. Just gotta go out and buy some molasses.

^yess they are SO good :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm going to try this recipe again, but without the yeast. partially because i'm afraid it will thicken my facial hair (i have peach fuzz too) but also because i want to make it gentler, my face turned red for awhile last time and i don't want tht to happen again.

Well I tried it with honey instead of molasses because I was anxious to do the mask. I go grocery shopping on Tuesday so I'll get some molasses then.

The mask worked great! I felt my eyes water and my skin tingle while it was on. After I washed it off my skin was a little red and blotchy for about 15-30 mins or so. But no biggie. Now i'm left with firm, smooth skin. I love it! This is definitely a new addition to my beauty regime.

I actually reacted pretty badly to this. First few times seemed ok even though my face seemed quite red after doing the mask. But then one morning, I woke up with red, blotchy, super dry skin. It took about a week to recover. I'm not sure which ingredient I reacted to... or maybe it was the combination.

I finally took the time to use this recipe today. I have it on now in fact. But I may have done something wrong first. But, it isn't dripping like some others said it did on them. It's sticking there like molasses (pardon the pun...grin). But I did see it pooling a bit until I really began sort of rubbing it in. I used my "oil cleansing method" first and maybe I shouldn't have done that. It's not burning either or stinging my eyes like some said it did on them. No drip, no sting....that's "a good thing." I mixed the recipe together and put it in the microwave for a few seconds to 'warm' the yeast and help it dissolve. I let it set for a few hours before using it and it did all dissolve. I really don't feel anything yet. I have about 5 minutes left. I'm thinking of using it again later tonight. The oil from my olive oil and castor oil cleansing should all be gone by then. I'll see how my skin looks later before deciding. I sure hope it works as well for me as it did for a lot of you. I'll update you later after it's off for a while. Let me know if anyone thinks I may have have done it wrong by using my oil cleansing first. Wish me luck for lovely, soft skin pretty soon.:rockwoot:

I just washed it all off. BOY did I ever look frightening with all that brown stuff on my face! I think I would have scared any young child who came into my midst. :add_twinkle: :laughing: But.....on to the update. It was SO easy to wash off. WOW!! I didn't expect that. It just washed right off with water and nothing else. My face does feel very soft.....no redness, nothing negative. I used ice cold water to close my pores afterwards. It's about 1:00 in the afternoon now and I think I'll use it again late tonight before bed and see how I wake up. Hopefully I'll wake up with a glowing face. :cheer2:

I'll try this one tonight.

Ooooohhh I love this site, I'm learning so many new things! Now I can't decide which one to try first: this tip, the glycerin tip or the vaseline one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This looks interesting. I would have NEVER thought of putting molasses on my face!

Vinegar doesn't cause irritation or anything? I don't think people with open pores should apply vinegar.

OK, tried this mask. At first I thought maybe this was just an elaborate prank, because these are the three stinkiest ingredients on earth! Combined though, it wasn't so bad. It worked great though! My skin cleared up!! I would def reccomend!

I forgot about this recipe. But finally I been using it for the past 2 days, 2x per day.

Problem is, that I did not have the ACV and used Destilled White Vinegar. No wow results, just like everybody feeling the skin smooth, tight but no changes in my acne, pores or tone of my skin. (I'm going to try it with the ACV too! to see if any diferences).

I'm going to keep using it, I still have enough for more uses. And who knows? maybe in the long term is going to be very beneficial no?

QUESTION: Do you use a thin layer of molasses? Because before the 20mins passed, the mask is already dry or sticky so I put a second layer.

Really good post and thank you for the recipe!

Forgot to mention that the mix gets thicker, I been using the same batch for 2 days. And just my daughter came in and I asked her if she sees anything different in my skin and she said that my acne or the pimples got smaller and less bumpier and the red is more like pinkier than yesterday. Soooooooooo there you have it!!!! FORGET ABOUT THE NO WOW RESULTS.

Has been 5 days? more or less using the Magical Recipe, and now is when I can see the results, even skin tone, looks nice in every aspect, clean, clear. Somebody mention less makeup, well....that's what I'm doing, using just powder no foundation.

Still using the same mixture and yes is getting thicker by the day and I keep it at room temperature. some days when I have extra time in my hands I use it 2x a day, but general rule I'm using it 1x a day.

It's a Keeper now I'm in love with this recipe.

Thank you MissLovely

Hi Miss Lovely:

I've done "The Most Magical Skin Recipe" and LOVED the results. But, just like I tend to do (BLUSH!), I will use a good thing, see good results, and then tend to neglect using it for a while. SO......my question is, I've had my mixture in the fridge for several weeks now and NOT used it......SHAME on ME! :eusa_naughty: How long can I keep it before it is no longer useful in doing its work? :fragez: Can I still use what I have mixed up after all this time? (It still looks okay.) I want to begin using it again now that spring is coming and I want that 'glowing skin' it gives me.

I'm going to try and NOT get so busy that I neglect ME and my skin regimen again....."try" being the operative word here....as with all of us, we tend to get busy with other things. :scared:

But.....can I still use this after all this time? I remember you said it doesn't HAVE to be refrigerated.......so, maybe mine is still good.

Let me know what you think. I still have all my ingredients and it doesn't take much to mix up another batch. Plus, I had been putting mine in the microwave for a few seconds to get it warm before putting it on. It seems to work better that way AND not 'give me the chills' on my face.

Thanks for the help.

:rockwoot:

Back