The most magical skin recipe

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long can this be stored safely? It would be so much easier to mix a few days worth at once as long as it will hold up.

Chey

ask as many questions ay you'd like, im happy to answer u with all i know. the recipe would probably be enough for two uses for the face and neck. you can double the recipes or add more so you dont have to make it all the time.

yes, like i said earlier, i myself have a container of it that would last me another week or so. when i read the recipe, the girl that posted it says that molasses begins to smell strong or undesirable after some time, but she says the more it reacts with the other ingredients the better it is for your skin. so when it becomes a little heavy or has a strong smell that doesnt mean its time to throw it out. she didnt really say how long till u throw it out. but you dont have to keep it in the fridge, cause as u may know molasses is best kept at room temperature.

:icon_smil im sure everyone of u will love the results! :icon_cool

I forgot to ask, will this work on all skin types? I know my husband is going to want to try it when he sees me doing it! lol

Chey

Molasses is a thick, dark brown, uncrystallized juice obtained from raw sugar during the refining process. It's like a syrup except darker and maybe sweeter and thicker too. But don't use syrup in its place, it won't work for you. Molasses is sold everywhere, where ever you get your groceries from, you'll also find molasses there too. :icon_surp

The only ingredient that may give you a tingling feeling is the apple cider vinegar. And oh yeah some people are allergic to yeast. But generally it won't dry out dry skin, but it may balance oily/combination skin (for the better lol).

Its for general use, lol, and your husband will love the results. Nothing will ever work better for anyone.

I will have to try this soon! Has anybody else tried it and achieved any results?

Hi, I'm new here. Are sure this is going to work? I mixed it, but it's kind of watery. Please reply back asap...thanks.

Yes...I've tried it. My skin felt so smooth:icon_smil ...thank you.

P.S. I mixed 50/50 ACV and water. I used it after the mask. My face felt tight and smooth. This is good...I'm going to save a lot of monies this year.:clap One more thing, my face is red right now.:icon_redf

hey hunny, give the yeast a chance to make it a bit thivker, in about 15-20 minutes it wont be as watery, and as long as it doesnt drip away itll work out. oh yeah btw, welcome!

lol, what do u mean red?? good red or bad red? if it doesnt feel right then it might cause u to dry out or something, so dont use it lot. lol, u scared me.

this sounds awesome! i love making stuff and i was talking about how I need something to wake up my complexion...this might be it! i'll let u know how it works:)!

I tried it. My face feels tighter, clean and really refreshed. I'm excited to see the long-term effects!

I have used this 3 times, the first 2 times my skin felt softer, this third time my face is blood red. Is this normal??? Also I am using the same batch I started with. It seemed to make alot for me. Mine never did thicken up, I put it in a small bottle with a lid and it is still watery, am I doing something wrong. I used 4 tablespoons of molasses that is right, yes???

my, I hope you dont have any reaction to the yeast or vinegar. lessen up on those two ingredients. is your face dry, itchy, irritated?? i used this countless number of times, and i never turned red ever. maybe u have sensitive skin, if u do, add only drops of a/c/v and if u figure its from the yeast then just drop it out. or use it every other day. everything else your doing is great. my recipe might be thicker because of a differnt type of molasses. when i get hold of it, ill be sure to post the name of the molasses im using.

I so want to try it! But whenever I see any of those ingredients other than yeast it's in really big bottles! I just want a little, I don't know what I'd do with such a big bottle....

Yes it made it red and a little itchy, but it went away after an hour or so. I thought maybe it was supposed to be like a peel and make you red. So what exactly will it do for my skin, just smooth it or does it even out skintone as well???

Back