The MSA & KB Limited Edition Beach House Box [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My younger sister has serious health problems.  She LOVES the beach, but we rarely get there b/c of drs apps, etc.  As soon as we have plans, she starts referring to "salty air."  A few weeks ago, I swapped for Demeter's "Salt Air" perfume.  She wears it all the time and says it calms her down and reminds her of our good times together.  I've been trying to think of more "salty air" gifts for her, but she can't use lotion (or anything oily) on her body.  I'm SO EXCITED for the hand soap--this is a PERFECT gift for her.  I hope there is a code for Hand In Hand--I need a lot it!

@@raindrop Thursday-Friday tote - I did not check around for prices, bud did notice that the tote is marked from $110.00 to $60.00 on the Thursday-Friday website. That's amazing it is available for $18.00.

@@Miccarty2 Thursday- Friday tote - I saw 4 variations for the cream/off-white tote and 4 variations for the black tote on the company's website. I'm curious about the variations. It is a solid tote that I expect will hold up to my family this summer. I hope you enjoy the box!

@@LetsGeaux There is a 20% discount code that expires 7/17/15. I hope your sister loves the soap.

@ I didn't see the pump at first in the box. I am glad they included it!

@ That happens to me sometimes. where it never updates until it is delivered.  I hope your box shows up today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been dying to get this box, my tracking said the delivery date is supposed to be today, but it hasn't been updated since the 20th. And my mail already came, so no beach box today. I don't love the box and a little sad the tote isn't a bright color. I don't get the pillow either. I gambled on a $100 box there's always a chance I won't love the boxes. Hopefully I like it better in person, looking forward to the body scrub. 

@@raindrop Thursday-Friday tote - I did not check around for prices, bud did notice that the tote is marked from $110.00 to $60.00 on the Thursday-Friday website. That's amazing it is available for $18.00.

@@Miccarty2 Thursday- Friday tote - I saw 4 variations for the cream/off-white tote and 4 variations for the black tote on the company's website. I'm curious about the variations. It is a solid tote that I expect will hold up to my family this summer. I hope you enjoy the box!

@@LetsGeaux There is a 20% discount code that expires 7/17/15. I hope your sister loves the soap.

@ I didn't see the pump at first in the box. I am glad they included it!

@ That happens to me sometimes. where it never updates until it is delivered.  I hope your box shows up today.
I did not get this box but I am excited that I just picked up the tote for $18 at C21! Enjoy your goodies ladies.

Letsgeaux - I hope your sister is doing well and she makes it to the beach this summer.  Paddywax sells a lovely sea salt candle and etsy has some super cheap (like $2) sea salt fragrance oils for the home.  Hope she enjoys the soap :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thursday-Friday tote - I did not check around for prices, bud did notice that the tote is marked from $110.00 to $60.00 on the Thursday-Friday website. That's amazing it is available for $18.00.
Yeah, I was surprised too!  They have a bunch of colors on this site: http://www.c21stores.com/product/THURSDAY-FRIDAY-Black--White-Gold-Toe-Everyday-Tote?cm_mmc=GoogleShopping-_-cpc-_-NA-_-6037-1037%20100&utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=6037-1037%20100&utm_campaign=NA&CAWELAID=500002840000232466&CAGPSPN=pla&gclid=CjwKEAjw5J6sBRDp3ty_17KZyWsSJABgp-Oaa1lwbkj5epIdKnp_TNhai0-2FZs6ykeCboZ0W7SEtxoCe0zw_wcB

It's probably my favorite thing in the box (based on your photo), but I bet the low sale price will make it hard for people who don't want it to swap it.

I did not get this box but I am excited that I just picked up the tote for $18 at C21! Enjoy your goodies ladies.

Letsgeaux - I hope your sister is doing well and she makes it to the beach this summer.  Paddywax sells a lovely sea salt candle and etsy has some super cheap (like $2) sea salt fragrance oils for the home.  Hope she enjoys the soap :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks for the tip-I'm going to get her a few oils and a diffuser....  She'll get her own "beach box" curated by me with the help of you and anyone else who has salty air ideas!

Thanks for the tip-I'm going to get her a few oils and a diffuser....  She'll get her own "beach box" curated by me with the help of you and anyone else who has salty air ideas!
Thats super sweet what an awesome sister you are! Have fun putting together the box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This was my first and last $100 box. I got both MSA boxes and I've been subbing to KloverBox since December (I think). With this one, I'm incredibly underwhelmed.

I'm afraid to remove the pillow from vacuum seal, because I don't think it looks quality in Anna's pics and I'll prolly swap it. Mine is also missing a pillow cover unless it's folded inside the pillow somehow. Through plastic, I only see the tag and seam of a plain filler pillow and nothing else. It doesn't look like PAAnna's pic. A nicer fabric case for a pillow I already own would've been more my preference (and easier to fit in the box). I know I'm only one person though.

The tote being available online for $18 is kind of a slap in the face for a $100 box.

Overall. the box is boring and not my taste at all. I much preferred Anna's original guesses to what I actually got. A seashell (or any kind of) wind chime or a sea glass jewelry item.Yes! Or Mccarty's suggestions for a poolside waterproof bag or an eco-friendly waterproof watch. Yes! Those are more adventurous and interesting ideas. Again, I know I'm only one voice and it's more important to please the majority of people. If there were a future collaboration, I wouldn't buy again. Especially at that price point.

@@itselectric I took a few more pictures of the fully fluffed up pillow. Hope it helps! There's no blue showing through the plastic?

IMG_0504.JPG

Front

IMG_0505.JPG

Back

IMG_0506.JPG

In this picture you can see the zipper.

ETA I still can't get over the price of the tote on the one website. I need to mention it to my sister.

I am really kicking myself for dropping $100 on this. I think that a lot of people will enjoy this box, but sadly, it just isn't for me. I know that's the gamble that we take with sub boxes, I just wish that I hadn't spent so much to gamble on this one with it's higher price point. 

I'm afraid to remove the pillow from vacuum seal, because I don't think it looks quality in Anna's pics and I'll prolly swap it. Mine is also missing a pillow cover unless it's folded inside the pillow somehow. Through plastic, I only see the tag and seam of a plain filler pillow and nothing else. It doesn't look like PAAnna's pic. A nicer fabric case for a pillow I already own would've been more my preference (and easier to fit in the box). I know I'm only one person though.

The pillow cover for mine was in the same plastic bag as the tote. I initially thought it was a dust cover for the bag, since my bag is a mint green that is fairly close in color to the pillow. Hope that helps!!

I got the mint green tote in my box. I like it but wish I'd gotten the beige one. I also can't believe it's on sale for $18. Even with the $9.95 shipping it's still a bargain at $27.95.

I'm still on the fence about how I feel about this box and if it is worth the $100 it cost me.

0622151554.jpg

FWIW, I left the pillow outside of the bag for about two hours and then gave it a good fluffing before putting the cover on. Looks REALLY nice now. Happens to match my couch / midcentury modern in apple green and turquoise living room really well and I will probably swap for more of them.  I was shocked that the bag had such a high list price - it's nice, but seemed (to me) like something that would sell for just about what Century21 is selling it for. I think I'll be gifting that to someone since I'm awash in totes right now. The sunscreen I will definitely be swapping because I have to use a much higher SPF.  Soap smells great and will be perfect in my guest bath, which actually has a beach theme because I'm a dork and love a themed guest bath (ask me about the ones my Mom has had). Excited to try the scrub, although a little concerned I might slip and kill myself in the tub!  Will read up on the Tatcha cream to see if it seems like it'll work for me, but I have a feeling that that's a swappin'.

All in all I think this was a really nice, practical grouping of stuff, although I can see why some people might think it lacks a bit in the "fun" factor. 

Wowzers I thought I got a bargain snagging one of those totes for 17.98, the thursday friday site is having a 4th of july sale with code JULY80 you get 80% off that makes the bag $12!  There are some cute things on that site and with the sale pretty affordable.

I got my box when I got home from work tonight. I love it! The 'fun' item is missing, but I absolutely love everything in here--nice to get home item, fashion item (I received the 'Creme de Menthe' colored tote), and some bath and body items. I bought this before I got a new job and had to start budgeting (see ya later, cash tips), so I likely won't be buying any more $100 boxes in my near future, but I'm so glad I bought this one.

Back