The official brushes thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since finishing powder and foundation MMU go together for me, my faves are the Luscious kabuki for finishing powder and the JI Powder brush for my foundation.

I have the two toned kabuki brush from everyday minerals. The one with white bristles on the bottom and red on top.

I really like that brush, it has shed a little but not horribly. and its really soft-- I do want to try their all white one though.

The AN/Joppa/Choicebrush one
biggrin.gif
sooooooooooooooooo soft

so far its lumiere kabuki brush. great price for a good brush and its really packed with synthetic fibers so not much mmu will sink in and good for sensitive skin like me.

For now it's none of the one's that I own, but I've been holding off on purchasing new brushes (like I need any more). Well Lumiere is having a pre buy sale for anyone interested. You won't receive them for at least one month or more and you will be purchasing in advance without prior testimonial however with the excellent reputation of the owner Kim and her fine company I personally wouldn't think twice about it. The savings is fantastic and you can check out the pictures on Lumiere's website.

Just thought I'd pass this along for anyone interested

The only one I've used is the Bare Escentuals Flawless Face brush, and that works fine, so I guess it's my favorite.

BE kabuki and my EOB foundation brush.

2-22-07 Update:

I just received my MAC 182 and I can describe it in one word--Heaven! This is now my HG brush for minerals. BE brushes do not compare.

EOB foundation brush for a wet application. Posh kabuki for dry application!

I use the lily lolo kabuki brush but I really want to get the Mac 182 it sounds and looks good
smile.gif
x

I currently use the EDM premium kabuki. It's very good but mine sheds. I'm trying to find a replacement.

Mac 182 is the best! I bought it only for mmu at first because I had samples and I didn't have any decent brush to apply them, and I also use it for blending blushes and highlighters

I have both the MAC 182 and BE's kabuki and I may be crazy but I prefer BE and use it more. I just notice that the finish is better when I use BE's brush. But I also want to get Lumiere's kabuki brush. I already bought it for my sisters-in-law and it's the softest thing ever, and it's only $12 including shipping! I think that's just too good a deal to pass up.

My favorite right now is my badger flat top bronzer brush that I got from Littlestuff4u. This seems to give me better foundation coverage than my BE kabuki. I love the kabuki for my mineral veil though. I did just order a long handle kabuki from Lumiere.

Back